List Mgmt. 2020 List Management II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic, 750k is even better and would be absolutely fine if it were 800.
Saad deal/neg. looks like not a fantasy anymore with the amount of info coming through. Interesting that the club thinks a deal can be cut trade wise. Worth a late first you’d say. Thank you C_09!

Re: Williams
750 x 5 years
Not 1M

Saad
Club enquired and should have an answer in a week or so. Confident we can get a deal done

Have you had any mail on whether pick 7 or a future first would need to be involved to get Saad over the line?

Or would a second with some back end pick swaps be sufficient?

750 x 5 years
Not 1M

Saad
Club enquired and should have an answer in a week or so. Confident we can get a deal done

Fantastic news re: Williams contract, got him signed up for a long time and on very fair money.

Fantastic to hear Saad is gettable and would welcome him with open arms at the Blues. However, if the Saints have the better offer I really don't want to get into a bidding war for him. As I've said previously in other threads, Saad is a genuine gun but at best is a cream player: would be awesome to have but not a necessity. If we miss out on him it's not the end of the world, if we get him you beauty.

Fantastic news re: Williams contract, got him signed up for a long time and on very fair money.

Fantastic to hear Saad is gettable and would welcome him with open arms at the Blues. However, if the Saints have the better offer I really don't want to get into a bidding war for him. As I've said previously in other threads, Saad is a genuine gun but at best is a cream player: would be awesome to have but not a necessity. If we miss out on him it's not the end of the world, if we get him you beauty.

Saints only have a 1st or 4th rounders... Have fun with Dodo.

Saints with a higher offer for Saad however

Dont know if true but read somewhere saad wants success after having none in his career so far.

Well based on this year saints are in finals and quite a young list...and offering more money. You'd think saints look really attractive, with our draw card being nearer to his family and apparently try they are mostly carlton supporters?

Id be comfortable going into round 1 next year with doc, williamson, newman and sps as our smaller defenders...so yeah as you said, not the end of the world if we sont get Saad.

Dont know if true but read somewhere saad wants success after having none in his career so far.

Well based on this year saints are in finals and quite a young list...and offering more money. You'd think saints look really attractive, with our draw card being nearer to his family and apparently try they are mostly carlton supporters?

Honestly wouldn't be mad if he went to the Saints, they're building nicely and are doing all of the right things. Can see why they'd be an attractive destination.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andrew Walker just thought of him as a step ladder.
At least he will always be remembered for that mark ... and has the pictures to prove he was there

Third rounder, will do.

;)
Rate Saad.......match winner work ethic
750 x 5 years
Not 1M

Saad
Underrated...didn't have same impact at scum as suns
Good work ethic.....
Good.....
Our list next year can really begin to work....Russell will get them going

Williams is an unbelievable snag if we get it done.. Fingers crossed.

There are no doubts that Saad is an exciting and explosive player.

However do we want someone on big money who would be at their third club? It's a huge risk..

A player requesting a trade to a third club says a bit about the players inability to fit into the culture of the team, also of someone who seeks individuality/personal success opposed to working on their own game to correct their deficiencies to suit the teams needs.

Not sure I'm as sold on this one, he may have once or twice been in the top 50 players in the AFL but has never really set the world on fire. I also question his defensive accountability.. I feel we are lacking in this aspect, in particular a defender who can defend a small nuggety forward, if anything Saad is another offensive weapon, he doesn't address our need to be able to stem the momentum of the opposition (Essendon and Gold Coast defence being an example of that). Not sure he is the right fit for us.

Getting williams to nominate so quickly puts some perspective on Simmo's departure. Could perhaps have gone around again but with doc, willo, newman, marchbank and polson all vying for a spot, williams to potentially play there at times, it might have been an abrupt end for kade.
We may be accomodating saad too if the rumours are to be believed.
Right time to go for Simmo I reckon.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Williams is an unbelievable snag if we get it done.. Fingers crossed.

There are no doubts that Saad is an exciting and explosive player.

However do we want someone on big money who would be at their third club? It's a huge risk..

A player requesting a trade to a third club says a bit about the players inability to fit into the culture of the team, also of someone who seeks individuality/personal success opposed to working on their own game to correct their deficiencies to suit the teams needs.

Not sure I'm as sold on this one, he may have once or twice been in the top 50 players in the AFL but has never really set the world on fire. I also question his defensive accountability.. I feel we are lacking in this aspect, in particular a defender who can defend a small nuggety forward, if anything Saad is another offensive weapon, he doesn't address our need to be able to stem the momentum of the opposition (Essendon and Gold Coast defence being an example of that). Not sure he is the right fit for us.
Maybe being at Gold Coast living bottom of ladder and then going to *don he can see they are headed same way. A lot of players leave for success after a few years of AFL. Henderson did it with Brisbane then us and finished at Cats

I’ve seen some talk about a future salary cap issue when blokes like McKay, Curnow and Walsh start really hitting their straps and demand a little more cash. Is anyone worried that if we spend all this cash on Williams and say Saad or another potential trade target that it will come back to bite us in the long run? I’d hate to lose any of those blokes that’s for sure!
Harry is contracted until the end of 2021(also Cripps, Doc, TDK, SPS, Kemp, Fisher), Walsh (& Setterfield) 2022, Curnow (& Gov) 2023.

Also Martin 2024 and Weitering (& Williams?) 2025.

We’ve got an okay spread across our players that should be with us for a long time.

Harry is contracted until the end of 2021(also Cripps, Doc, TDK, SPS, Kemp, Fisher), Walsh (& Setterfield) 2022, Curnow (& Gov) 2023.

Also Martin 2024 and Weitering (& Williams?) 2025.

We’ve got an okay spread across our players that should be with us for a long time.

Add to that if our plans work out, we will be pushing for top 4 within a 3 year period and therefor players will be willing to sacrifice the bigger wage for success as we can almost smell it.

Happy with the news on Williams. Not going to lie - I have doubts he will ever make it as a mid. But he is definitely a quality HBF and will be a good acquisition. Saad would be a great get, super consistent, love his speed and kicking as well. If we can get these 2 and keep pick 7 it has been a great off season!

Williams is exactly what we need. Seems to have nice skill he's hard at the contest and has plenty of pace. Saad is in much the same boat, would be ideal for our backline.

Can see the Saad situation being a real shitstorm though purely because it's Essendon. Can't help but feel they will want us to overpay there and we just might, pressure is on us to bring in quality mature players.

Can't help but feel that who comes in will have a strong influence over who goes out and that is probably how a deal gets done.

I would think we would be hoping Williams and Saad would be done easily and that would leave us some currency for one or two more.

Happy with the news on Williams. Not going to lie - I have doubts he will ever make it as a mid. But he is definitely a quality HBF and will be a good acquisition. Saad would be a great get, super consistent, love his speed and kicking as well. If we can get these 2 and keep pick 7 it has been a great off season!

Williams is a ball hunter and can find it in the middle and outside.

The only thing that may make our life a little more difficult though, is if GWS lose someone like Cameron and have the ability to match our bid.
We'd then have to trade, which may impact on other matters.....although GWS will get back a first anyway, ~10

Williams. Bang. Great start to the exchange period.

Elite footballer who will be an unbelievably good addition to this side in 2021 and beyond.

Pace. Skill. Aggression. We need it all. He has it all. In spades.

Very excited by this and so should we all be.

Who's next?

EDIT: Oh, and forget about the money. He'll get lots of it. Yes he'll probably get more than he's worth, particularly next season, and it's that figure most will focus in on. Seriously, just forget about it. We've set ourselves to be able to offer these guys plenty early on, and that's exactly what we'll do.
Your spot on... people complain when we couldnt bring in any quality in which "COST" money & now we do. All the attributes he brings is exactly what we lack. lets go hard & nail a few more to fill the deficiencies we currently have. great post Jeremias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back