2020 New Zealand vs India (5 T20Is, 3 ODIs, 2 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

More likely to do it than Ashwin would have been. I can’t believe they still pick him first for away tests

They pick Ashwin first because he's absolutely streets ahead of Jadeja as a bowler.

Which, generally speaking, is #8's job.

If India need runs from Jadeja then I'd suggest the problem lay a bit further up the order, not with Ashwin.

They pick Ashwin first because he's absolutely streets ahead of Jadeja as a bowler.

If India need runs from Jadeja then I'd suggest the problem lay a bit further up the order, not with Ashwin.
On dustbowls at home with the ball spinning square on day one Ashwin is decent. Literally everywhere else he's a pretender

India has just been told off by the umpire for yelling two and trying to cause a mix up between the batsmen. That should of been 5 penalty runs under law 41.5
Very poor sportsmanship to do something like that. It’s the sort of thing that should be penalised so that it’s stamped out.

In India, yeah I’d probably take Ashwin as a bowler. Everywhere else he seems to get first preference - Jadeja has battled in NZ and England but averages less than 30 everywhere else, and he’s a better batsman. I don’t know why he’s not the first choice overseas spinner every time

Huge for the kiwis to bounce back the way they have.

The result aside, the biggest positive is Jamieson. That's the bowler they have lacked, someone with genuine pace, all 3 of Wagner, Southee and Boult are relatively similar in pace. What I don't get is NZ playing Henry over him in Australia though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The result aside, the biggest positive is Jamieson. That's the bowler they have lacked, someone with genuine pace, all 3 of Wagner, Southee and Boult are relatively similar in pace. What I don't get is NZ playing Henry over him in Australia though!

I’ve only followed the commentary mostly, how quick has he been? Not that it matters so much when you’re basketball tall I guess

I will never understand the Henry selection. Ridiculous.

He doesn’t bowl with genuine pace. Mid 130’s, although he might quicken up.

6’8” (202cm) is his point of difference.

I agree though I wouldn't say he's got genuine pace (yet). Mid 130's seems to be his thing, but coupled with his bounce and ball movement it makes him a handful. There may be some games where he finds it hard to get a gig though ahead of Boult, Southee and Wagner and a spinner, but I think they need to fit him in.
But who would you drop ? Boult & Southee are the 3rd most successful new ball bowling p'ship of all time and Wagner is 2nd in the test rankings

I’ve only followed the commentary mostly, how quick has he been? Not that it matters so much when you’re basketball tall I guess

I will never understand the Henry selection. Ridiculous.

Around 135, he’s not express at all.

What he does do is get a bit of away swing and genuine bounce.

He doesn’t bowl with genuine pace. Mid 130’s, although he might quicken up.

6’8” (202cm) is his point of difference.

Point taken thought he was a bit quicker. Seems he’s quicker than he is. That’s a good thing

I agree though I wouldn't say he's got genuine pace (yet). Mid 130's seems to be his thing, but coupled with his bounce and ball movement it makes him a handful. There may be some games where he finds it hard to get a gig though ahead of Boult, Southee and Wagner and a spinner, but I think they need to fit him in.
But who would you drop ? Boult & Southee are the 3rd most successful new ball bowling p'ship of all time and Wagner is 2nd in the test rankings

Play 4 quicks, use Williamson and if Ravel plays there’s your spin options. Actually think Kane underbowls himself he’s very handy

Remove this Banner Ad

2020 New Zealand vs India (5 T20Is, 3 ODIs, 2 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back