2020 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some Port players are the biggest floppers in the game. Gray is one of the worst and you watch Dixon go for a mark, his go to is to play for a free. It was good to see them get called out for it last night.

Dixon was out of sorts early. Had plenty opportunities to clunk a big one or crash a pack but instead swan dived every contest. Occasion got the better of him early I reckon.

So Hinkley has only won one final in the last 5 years at the end of the day

(And that was a home final against the worst finals team of the last decade)

Sign him up boys!
And watch Schofield be snapped up by either North, Melbourne, Essendon or Fremantle.

Or us if Nicks doesn't work out.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Looking at the stats and watching some of the key moments back, Port lost the game in the same way they've lost a lot of games in the past 5 years - a lot of possessions at half back and on the wings and a lot of Inside 50s, but no real structure or plan. They got away with it this year in the minor round with a favourable draw but never fixed the core issue and got exposed last night and against Geelong, who didn't kick straight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno about twanging an arrow, but the twerp clanged an uncontested chest mark off a good kick from Rozee in the third.
Boak's ootf from about 35m out was significant too. I loved both mistakes :D --- schadenfreude is delicious.
Good: Port got done.
Bad: Richmond go to the GF :grimacing::grimacing:
Wasn't the kick from around 45m....old legs can't kick that far anymore especially late in the game and on a wet deck, he went for too much.

Voss to North, Bassett to Adelaide.
If North are smart they'll approach Ross Lyon .....exactly what that club needs

It does not need a Voss, that would be a huge mistake ......North will now appoint Voss & be true to form

I missed Derrsma getting in Lynch’s face. Any clips of it?
I'll put it next to the dropped mark for comedic effect.

u5r4fyQ.gif

KiRP2ct.gif

Voss to North, Bassett to Adelaide.
I would go Schofield over Voss if I was Norf.

His work at Subiaco, then reorganised Port.

Has a bit of "Clarko" about him. Success at lower level and made a real positive impact as an assistant in an AFL club.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

My exact thoughts, I'm sick of people saying they'll be a star..

Remember Chad Wingard, he was meant to be the best player since sliced bread.. turned out to be a real lazy player with lots of skill.. AFL is a marathon not a sprint, these guys will plateau.. Rozee has already had an average year and Butters is a sniper with thosd bumps to the head.. can someone tell him to stop bumping people in the head.. if he continues he'll become a hated player in the AFL.. difference between being a hard player and bumping, spud.

I can't wait for next year, Port will try to recapture their 2020 form and won't be able to with injuries and players morale being down hehhehe.
Not just Wingard but I think Hinkley stuff up the development of the all youngsters, supposedly he is very good player manager so they got comfortable with him, one can hope Port Power re-sign him for another 3 years......

Set the tone early.

Dusty kicks the opener. Tough as hell from a sharp angle, all business. Revs his team mates up but very much a "job's not done" mentality.

Rozee kicks a Jenkins special and he's posing for the crowd and giving them a bit of "look at me", Katniss kicks a goal, shoots the arrow and gets in Lynch's face.

One team was in party mode from the start, had the result pencilled into the Footy Record already, the other was there to get a job done.

yep. Power players have to divest themselves from wallowing in the ‘never tear us apart’ adoration theatre that their supporters stage up. Their club has embraced posturising , and that doesn’t equate to success away from the tv screen.

Looking at the stats and watching some of the key moments back, Port lost the game in the same way they've lost a lot of games in the past 5 years - a lot of possessions at half back and on the wings and a lot of Inside 50s, but no real structure or plan. They got away with it this year in the minor round with a favourable draw but never fixed the core issue and got exposed last night and against Geelong, who didn't kick straight.

Their workman midfield got absolutely smashed in contested work in the second half too which is the entire backbone of their gameplan

*except for Brisbane

I'm sticking up for them because I believe in giving credit where it's due instead of just bagging someone because they lost. Just because their supporters bagged us for losing the 17 GF doesn't mean we have have to return fire.

Can't we be the bigger people here?

It's becoming obvious that despite this being a forum, and a 'non Crows discussion' one at that, we are still unable to give Port any sort of credit whatsoever. Lesson learnt.
And that's why this season* was always an asterisk season whether Brisbane won the premiership or not, there is no doubt Brisbane affected the top 4 and 8 by having all those home games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back