2020 Non-Crows AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of life’s great mysteries is that we as a supporter base can see a player is clearly cooked.
Yet somehow they get traded into a premiership contender as a best 22 player.

It’s bizarre, I just don’t understand how it works. I can understand if Jacobs is a backup.. but he’s their #1 ruck isn’t he? He’s terrible.
Bit of a rock and hard place for the Giants. Matthew Flynn did his ACL in late July last year, so either you go with the untried youngster in Briggs and hope he can last a season, or you take a punt on Jacobs/Mumford having enough juice between them to get you back into a GF.

Bit of a rock and hard place for the Giants. Matthew Flynn did his ACL in late July last year, so either you go with the untried youngster in Briggs and hope he can last a season, or you take a punt on Jacobs/Mumford having enough juice between them to get you back into a GF.
2 years guess next year he’ll be that cooked he’ll be Sauce, time for me to stop drinking

Genuinely believe ROB will be a F
Gawn/Grundy for us.
Hope not.

Don't need an elite Ruckman. I hope he develops into a very good one, less salary, and we use the next two drafts (and trade periods) to rebuild the midfield around him.

Elite Ruckman don't win flags. Quality midfield as a collective do.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Nope. Not good enough in the hitouts. Unless he can improve in that area he will always be second rung below the top rucks.
You can improve ruck craft with the more experience you gain but not competitiveness mindset which he has plenty off and because he has excellent endurance this won't fade during game. The knock on him in the SANFL was his overhead marking which he seem to have improved a lot so work rate is there.....you can't really improve kicking technique for goal though.

As us and Port have proven, it's hard to recover from GF smashings. The Giants look miles off it.
Should probably include Freo in that conversation .. ;) and they weren't really smashed, just played in possibly the most boring GF this decade

Should probably include Freo in that conversation .. ;) and they weren't really smashed, just played in possibly the most boring GF this decade

For all the shit we cop, they really should cop more criticism as a club. One grand final in 25 years and a shit one at that. Just a boring, lifeless, unattractive and unsuccessful entity all round.

For all the sh*t we cop, they really should cop more criticism as a club. One grand final in 25 years and a sh*t one at that. Just a boring, lifeless, unattractive and unsuccessful entity all round.

Just had to comment and say what a beautiful post! Absolute truth 100%
I will say though that they aren’t exactly boring, they have provided a LOT of great entertainment (laughter and hilarity that is) over the years 🤣
That Grand Final was sh*t, but so so satisfying at the same time haha!

The AFC cops heat because they are a known entity, they have achieved success and performed to a high standard, never bottoming out etc etc. And you aren’t from Victoria. Much easier to kick an “interstate” team when they are down, especially one who has been successful and crushed VIC clubs dreams in the past.

It is a brutal time... But obvious statement, - the complete overhaul and rebuilding of your playing group simply needed/needs to happen. I like Nicks, I hope he can get some more support and quality to assist in the off season.
There are a few roadblocks that need to be dealt with... I genuinely think when they are gone, things will brighten. It has finally started at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That first rounder is looking juicy. But I think they have too much talent on their list not to finish off mid-table minimum.
Mid table would be a massive win for us. Most would've expected top 4

Genuinely believe ROB will be a F
Gawn/Grundy for us.
People talk about building a team around certain players. To me, ROB has had some games that put him in that discussion. Last week for instance. We were getting bashed but the big fella played like there was only a couple of points in it. Kept at it with great big man strength and skill with no support. I can see him carrying a team on his shoulders.

We'll never get her she's in the GWS academy/zone/cemetery region they'll just match on points.
We will overpay after 5 years at Gws giver her a long 5 year contract where she will play reserves for her last 2 years of that contract thereby generating the thread headline

Dead Nan Walking

It’s funny reading the GWS game thread. It’s like a time warp back to our threads from previous years. Can’t mark around the ground and dominates hit outs to the other team.
I think it was King who wrote an article saying that sauce was the missing piece for GWS.

I’m looking forward to his article claiming that Jenkins will lead the cats to the flag.

Jacobs continues to show the footy world he's absolutely cooked. I don't understand why GWS recruited him. It's like they thought his recent poor form was based on Adelaide's poor culture when he's actually just past it.
It's quite humourous isn't it. Couldn't get a gig in front of ROB most of the year for a reason.

When I said he'd be off to the Giants I got hammered by some less informed...... They're probably wishing they didn't get him.

It's quite humourous isn't it. Couldn't get a gig in front of ROB most of the year for a reason.

When I said he'd be off to the Giants I got hammered by some less informed...... They're probably wishing they didn't get him.
What about those utter morons Bickley and Rowe complaining about Jacobs being dropped for most of last year. Somebody should show them footage of last nights game and force them to publicly apologise to ROB.

Jacobs continues to show the footy world he's absolutely cooked. I don't understand why GWS recruited him. It's like they thought his recent poor form was based on Adelaide's poor culture when he's actually just past it.

They seem very reluctant to blood any of their young rucks, instead going for guys like Dawson Simpson and pulling Mumford out of retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back