Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Been reading some feel good posts on the Power board, will bring back on here anything good.

Found this amusing.

1000013072-jpg.2102319

Port are lighting their own Club up, its beautiful. Let it burn to the ground.

I've been an AFC fan all my life and obviously never enjoyed the Power winning, but I feel 5+ years ago I would've almost felt sorry for their supporters in their current situation. However in the last 5ish years their "us against them, never tear us apart, Prison Bars, Est 1870, One Club" marketing mantra has given the club and it's supporters this air of arrogance that's absolutely insufferable so it's fantastic to see them taken down a notch. They think they're god's gift to football. This was made extra clear after the last showdown and the Rankine/Houston incident - never been surrounded by such a feral and aggressive crowd in my life.

IMO they're an overrated list that has benefited from an incredibly soft draw, some close wins and a gun midfield. Don't get me wrong, we've clearly got our issues and to finish top 4 in the last 4/5 seasons is fantastic but I'd rather be an AFC supporter than a Power fan no matter what the success on the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I certainly was not expecting that result. There seemed to be an air on inevitability around them. Then Koch came out of his cave in the bye week, and I thought "this may not end well for them".

But then Tom Stewart was a late out and I thought, well it's happening. Not even Hinkley could lose to a Stewart-less Cats.

Hinkley gonna Hinkley, I guess.

Now, how do they rebound from that? Is it even possible? Has a team ever been so thoroughly, comprehensively routed in the first final, and then bounced back to win a flag? That was a "Wildcard plays actual finalist" level of beating, not 2v3. This could galvanise them, or break them.

I really hope it's the latter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back