List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steele may dip a bit next year (players tend to after a B&F) so having a guy like Crouch will be good. I'm hoping Gresh can stay on the park, and Hanners can get 10-15 games out of himself. Can someone tell me what's happening with Dunstan, Robbo and J.Web. Is it confirmed, or just musing...I can't find anything on it?

he is told. Haha by whom Essendon. Sounds like typical Dodo BS, trying to save face after his 550 x 5 was confirmed.
Probably lying to the current Essendon players too so they don't start a riot. Good luck with that!

Building nicely in time for Guy Fawkes Day!

Prior to Gresh getting injured Seb Ross was struggling to find a role in the midfield. Gresh & Crouch into the team & Clark likely to increase his midfield minutes. Suddenly positions are looking extremely tight. Maybe Ross goes to the wing with Gresh & Billings forward? Steele, Crouch & Jones starting in the centre, Clark first rotation? Looking pretty stacked tbh.

Clark moved into the midfield and Webster didn't come in. He's not as good as many would have you believe and is getting on.

Dunstan hasn't been able to cement a spot even when fit.

Both players are at the bottom end of the depth chart and are worth a mid to late 3rd at best. Both would be easily taking $350k+ also. If we can get pick 20 for BOTH and dump $700k+ of salary while we are at it, why wouldn't we?
I can't help but think what players like Dunstan, Acres, etc might have been if they'd been 'Ratten'd' and not 'Richo'd'.

On SM-T290 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Prior to Gresh getting injured Seb Ross was struggling to find a role in the midfield. Gresh & Crouch into the team & Clark likely to increase his midfield minutes. Suddenly positions are looking extremely tight. Maybe Ross goes to the wing with Gresh & Billings forward? Steele, Crouch & Jones starting in the centre, Clark first rotation? Looking pretty stacked tbh.
Hanners looking like a bonus if he's available at this stage, maybe run him off half back or half forward, with a few mid rotations

I think any other mid we bring in from now on will need to be younger.

We still need to be conscious that in a few years time when King starts hitting his prime that we have mids ready to go instead of needing to replace the majority of the midfield at once.
Lethleans to do list

Step one: complete team with proven guns.
Step two: win a cup or two, making St Kilda more of a destination club.
Step three: let proven guns retire in glory.
Step four: (5 years later) pick up a proven Caldwell (insert other currently unproven player name).
Step five: win some more cups.
Step six: discover the elixir for immortal life
Step seven: rule over humanity forever

This is the beauty of players like Gresham & Billings (and why you don't trade them) - if the midfield happens to become stacked you have these two who can get 60+ shots on goals in a season… whereas the other mids will not get remotely close to that if played up forward.

Replace Kent with De Goey and shit gets wild.

If he weren't already so frigging big l would agree, but he's round 1 for mine.
Remember it's his 3rd year coming up now. Get him in.
He's probably going to have to smash the door down because he's a similar player to Crouch and Steele.

Can't carry too many of those mids unless they are dominating.

I'd prefer we pump some midfield minutes into Clark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't caught up on today's reading but if trading Webster, Robbo etc gets us.points to get another 1st rounder I'll happiky wish them well

Word always was that the dogs were keen to offload pick 12. If we give them points equivalent of pick 10ish they take that and run.

We then either go to the draft with 12 amd 15, trade them both for a top 5 pick, or use them both to get Heeney

Good business
And wait for the panic on draft night and sell one out for a second rounder and a future first 😁

This is the beauty of players like Gresham & Billings (and why you don't trade them) - if the midfield happens to become stacked you have these two who can get 60+ shots on goals in a season… whereas the other mids will not get remotely close to that if played up forward.

Replace Kent with De Goey and sh*t gets wild.
I have been against getting JDG but I will change my tune if we can get him cheap. He is probably at his cheapest now with the impending court case. The Pies probably need to let him (or Treloar) go to sign up all their required players. Would they take pick 15 & change?

Lethleans to do list

Step four: (5 years later) pick up a proven Caldwell (insert other currently unproven player name).
That's a good start… you forgot the bit about goats and a few other little bits and pieces like opening the gates of hades.
41z5zC2739L.jpg

Last edited:
Norf have offered my boy Jakey Carlisle a 3 year deal. We currently have only offered 1.
Plenty to play out, Norf interest should become public knowledge soon...
If Robbie Tarrant is staying, they are bringing in Aiden Corr on decent coin and want to get games into a developing McKay, why would they need Carlisle as well?

Lethleans to do list

3 Rooeys and Hunter Hayes comes in where?

Having Steele , B.Crouch as our main midfielders with Gresham , Hunter Clark and Jones all rotating through the middle we should be right with Bytel , Hannerbery and maybe a Narkle or Constable on type as a backup.
Ross , Dunstan are going to start playing there best football to get a game.

Main concern now is getting a replacement for Carlisle and a ruck come forward to help Marshall , because expecting Ryder to play 20 odd games next year is a bit to much for the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back