List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Former st Kilda champion Tom hickey is off to his fourth club in Sydney
4th club in 4 different states. is that some kind of record

Get Crouch to add a contested bull who averages 26 touches over his career,

Get Treloar on the cheap in a similar elk to Jones with his Burst and toughness albeit a few clangers.

Midfield would have the contest in Steele and Crouch, have the burst in Jones and Treloar and have the experience of Hannebery and Ross with 2 genuine xfactor players in Gresh and Clarke rotating through

In Satan we trust.

4th club in 4 different states. is that some kind of record
There was a thread on this a few players been at 4 clubs, Dale Kickett 5 different lists

Can we please not bring politics into this thread. I've just had to delete a bunch of it.

I KNOW we had a bit of a go at it last week and admittedly was part of that - but the cleanup is horrendous and I want to enjoy a bit of a break.

Stick it in Random Discussion or go to the Politics board.

For me...please...lol

Agreed.
Now that there's actual news and developments to discuss, let's keep this thread on topic going forward.

It gets funnier
Hard pass on Ross and Billings. Top 10 pick or pick 15 and Hunter Clark. I guess what I’m saying is you should have offered enough for band 1 so pay up or GTFO.

Anyone worried we'll end up 'losing' this Crouch trade. We showed last year on Hill, Stuv and Bruce that we are prepared to 'lose' a trade to get it done. On all three trades we expected a better deal than what happened. I wonder if Adelaide know this and will just wait until we inevitably give up our first round

Anyone worried we'll end up 'losing' this Crouch trade. We showed last year on Hill, Stuv and Bruce that we are prepared to 'lose' a trade to get it done. On all three trades we expected a better deal than what happened. I wonder if Adelaide know this and will just wait until we inevitably give up our first round

Not worried at all. I'm not worried about missing Crouch, either. For the first time in 10 years, I've got total faith in the people running the show.

I know and all we ended up with was Ryder - Butler - Hill & Jones #sh1thouse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like I've said previously now is the time for gags to show if he has a sharp edge. If he rolls over and we end up trading a first for crouch it shows he doesn't have one. Which means we need to get used to being soft to get a deal done.

This is a prime example of where we should be gaining crouch for SFA especially given others comments on the contract and low trigger points and what that meant for the compo pick. If because of that we start coughing up a first theres rightfully going to be criticism leveled at the club on how this whole thing has been handled.

I have faith gags won't fold and will show us he can drive a hard bargain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Giles

Playing career
YearsClubGames (Goals)
2006–2009Port Adelaide0 (0)
2012–2014Greater Western Sydney51 (39)
2015Essendon3 (1)
2016–2017West Coast9 (3)
Total63 (43)
Tom Hickey next year???

Here i was thinking we smashed the trade period last year 14th to 6th
Was personally super flat to watch Josh Bruce run around and dominate for the Bulldogs this year.

Last year was about getting an outcome even if it meant paying slight overs on each trade.

Thats why stuv, Bruce and acres left for less than should be expected. Especially when you consider similar outcomes at other clubs.

Stating that doesn't mean the trade period wasn't a success. It was a resounding massive win. To get all those players in one trade period was phenomal.

But the situation is completely different this year. We are not having to juggle as many outcomes and we do not have to get deals done with contracted players atleast not in crouches situation.

If we can't get crouch to our club using very little collateral then there's rightfully going to be questions asked on why the contract was structured the way it was which meant it was going to be pushed down a trade path when they were not prepared to play hard ball on a trade.

I think they mean that we didn't get into a dick stretch off trying to get a FRDP for Stuv and Bruce or paying nothing for Hill. We just got shit done and let the over all make up for any little bits we missed out on.

Tom Browne reckons for a 2nd round pick and paying $600k of the $900k (Collingwood contributing $300k) you could have Treloar.
Who wouldn't want him for that?

Probably don't want Crouch then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back