List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The tension between Flamer & Joff is a better read than 90% of what this forum usually dishes up. Is it pre-season yet?
Latest whisper is that there's still a day left of trade period

Just had a bit of a look and frawley has been quite a durable player for a big guy. Played 14 games this year out of 17. Last year 18, the year before 21. In fact 239 games in 14 years gettin' smashed in packs he's done rather well. Obviously he's rated highly by ratts and roughy and rath, thats enough for me.

Gee sounds like he has driven a couple out
Pies seem a toxic club, can see the players not wanting to play for Bucks or the club next year
Dont know why, but watching Eddie and RL on the telly together, it wouldn't surprise me if Bucks was replaced at the end of year. I think 2021 is his last year of current contract. Seems to have under performed for the list he has had for mine.

Just had a bit of a look and frawley has been quite a durable player for a big guy. Played 14 games this year out of 17. Last year 18, the year before 21. In fact 239 games in 14 years gettin' smashed in packs he's done rather well. Obviously he's rated highly by ratts and roughy and rath, thats enough for me.
Looks to me they are looking at players who can step into the side and fill a role - we lose Howard or Carlisle to injury and we are in a world of hurt also getting Frawley on a one year contract is perfect because it just opens a space to recruit a Ben King next year or someone we need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate it’s kinda boring jumping on here and everyone always has an issue with what the club does.

Just like the McKernan deal - there are people who just can’t wrap their head around the fact that we need a depth KPB, just as McKernan was depth KPF/Ruck.

We finished 5th and are seriously looking to push on. But let’s keep bringing in 18 year old kids or bring in some state league defender who hasn’t played footy in 12 months.

This board lacks common sense at times and this represents the second time in a week.

Goes hand in hand with the... let’s keep sh*t players due to sentiment. Who cares that they are earning more then half the list to play magoos most weeks.

Yet no one can provide a legitimate reason why this would be a bad move - for the role we intend him to play. fu**, not long ago we were happy Luke Delaney finished in the top 5 of our BnF. But now we think we are better then a guy who has been there and done it and again, FILLS THE NEED OF THE LIST.

Bit loose with the facts

Gee sounds like he has driven a couple out
Pies seem a toxic club, can see the players not wanting to play for Bucks or the club next year
Imagine this shit occurring in normal industry

Come to work one day and they're like.... "look i know you did us a favor and deferred your salary from last year to next year, but we just realised we under estimated everyone's salary and we are in over our heads. So we are gonna have to let you go."

You'd be ****in livid.

Really feel for treloar

Still holding our first round pick and coming into the last day of trading could be a very good move if we trade a player tomorrow , for instance could we move up in the draft if we move Dunstan or Lonie.
Swap our pick 15 and Lonie for the Dogs pick 12.

Imagine this sh*t occurring in normal industry

Come to work one day and they're like.... "look i know you did us a favor and deferred your salary from last year to next year, but we just realised we under estimated everyone's salary and we are in over our heads. So we are gonna have to let you go."

You'd be fu**in livid.

Really feel for treloar

Not the best analogy. Would you really be as livid for being let go as long as you were still going to get your bread one way or the other?

I'm sure Treloar will rest a little easier at night compared to people who lost their jobs.

Imagine this sh*t occurring in normal industry

You'd be fu**in livid.

Really feel for treloar
What I can gather the members are not happy - they are willing to sign up DeGoey who has caused all sorts of problems and Sidebottom who also went off the rails this year - but they punt Treloar / has Treloar got a few issues we are not aware of.
Surely head of recruitment gets moved on after this cluster and to top it off they could lose Stephenson.

Not the best analogy. Would you really be as livid for being let go as long as you were still going to get your bread one way or the other?

I'm sure Treloar will rest a little easier at night compared to people who lost their jobs.
Suppose if he was getting paid a more realistic wage around 700k a year not 900k , would they be getting rid of him.
By the looks the Grundy contact took them way over the top.

Suppose if he was getting paid a more realistic wage around 700k a year not 900k , would they be getting rid of him.
By the looks the Grundy contact took them way over the top.

Yeah, that's quite obvious I'd say. Their issue has resulted from not structuring compensation/contracts properly.

Fair call!!!

Yeah, that's quite obvious I'd say. Their issue has resulted from not structuring compensation/contracts properly.
Treloar is really the 4th banana in there midfield behind Pendlebery , Sidebottom and now Adams - so paying the 4th banana 9ook for 5yrs what are the 3 guys above him getting paid , then add in Moore , Grundy and DeGoey - you can see why they salary cap is a mess.
Thats 7 players on 800K or more and then add the inflated wages of Stephenson , Phillips and Cox and paying out Beams you can see why they have broken the cap.
Looks to me they have a few to many players a bit to comfortable at the club on inflated salaries.

Nah he flops mate I don’t have an issue with it every team does it but call it what it is he does it
Nah its pretty exaggerated on here mate. If he did I wouldnt haven issue with it as every team does but call it fairly when he cops it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back