Player Watch 2021 AFL National Draft - NOT FOR TRADE DISCUSSION

What should we do withs Pick 5, 21 and 24?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s stick with a basic rule for this thread, that it’s for draft watch and discussion only.

It’s not for trade hypotheticals, who you think needs to be delisted or traded, how many games you think we will win, some other team will win, how many picks you want in the 1st round or discussion of current HFC players.

It’s about youngsters who are eligible for the draft in 2021.

Key dates to look out for:
  • NAB AFL Draft Combine: TBC
  • NAB AFL Draft: Wednesday November 24 - Thursday November 25
  • NAB AFL Pre-season and Rookie Drafts: Friday November 26

Last edited:
I'm pretty confident that internally the first pick is a solved game, we know who we rate and what we'll do. I'm more interested in the two seconds. Anyone else really like one of Amiss, JVR or Bazzo? Throw in Butler/Taylor/Motlop with the other second and I think we can really sure up our forward line in the future. I could see Wilmot or Conway as well if we rate them.

Have cut up some vision of VR and Bazzo from the state game.
Both look like good defensive prospects. VR has the edge in terms of aggression, but Bazzo looks sneaky good to me - does a lot of effective, early bodywork most lean, young defenders dont think about. And he reads the flight well; and has a confident, long kick.
Partnering one of them with DGB could set us up for the best part of a decade - if the talent translates, of course.

Both look like good defensive prospects. VR has the edge in terms of aggression, but Bazzo looks sneaky good to me - does a lot of effective, early bodywork most lean, young defenders dont think about. And he reads the flight well; and has a confident, long kick.
Partnering one of them with DGB could set us up for the best part of a decade - if the talent translates, of course.

Would love to get Bazzo, so he can form a great backline with his Swan District club mate in DGB.

Would love to get Bazzo, so he can form a great backline with his Swan District club mate in DGB.
Yeh Bazzo for me also (of the two that is - still prefer the untapped potential of Alleer)... clean disposal, room for physical growth, above-average athleticism and an excellent reader of the ball in flight. Looks like a nice prospect.

wow - is playing in the wa v sa lead up to the GF. Sudanese Footballers are going to become a major thing now right?
Nah, he is mature age. Still only 20odd. Big, big upside. Can't really kick all that well, but sh*t he can fly!

That's the best marking I have ever seen from a draftee.
Can he do anything else?

Bit of a one-trick pony at the moment but it's a really good trick for a key defender. His reading of the play is elite and so is his leap/marking. But his body positioning still needs work, his kicking is like a young Rance and he doesn't use his athletic traits to get involved in attacking chains. He's fairly raw despite being a mature age prospect but I'd love to get him in the system. Could genuinely be a star if he's willing to work hard.

Last edited:

Hobbs highlights. Bit of Luke Parker about him

Seems people started rating Amiss higher than I thought, well deserved but was hoping we could sneak him in. Ah well, I would be more than happy to take either with one of our seconds. Leaning toward JVR just because I like his utility at both ends of the ground a bit more, but Bazzo is both very technically good and has a killer name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incredible in the air. If we bring him in we could end up having essentially our whole backline and wings being amazing in the air.

Hardwick - DGB - Impey
Scrimshaw - Aleer - Sicily

With Day and CJ on the wings.
He has an elite trait... That's for sure. That lineup is scary

Like the look of him, a lot more sturdy and robust than I imagined.
I think we can see by the highlights that he has very good kicking skills and can lead and mark. But there is only one loose ball get and no real contested work in those highlights. Very hard to judge him as a player without seeing those elements as no matter if he is exclusive small forward or is able to run through the middle as well, he is going to need to win ball at ground level.

A gentle reminder about Air Alleer's talents

To, as a defender, he's the one for me.

What you'll never see from these highlights is stuff like game sense, but his reading of the ball makes me think he's pretty footy-smart.

Another thing I'd love to see is him defending a FF on the lead.

You'd have to think he could back-up in the Ruck, as well.

Rochelle isn't just a small forward, he's a play maker.
Whether he becomes a forward or a forward/mid, he will be a play maker.
Probably not good enough for our first and will go before our second.
That seems to be the theme this for this draft. The kids that will be available to us don't appear to have the currency to be chosen at our pick.

The blanket effect means that there will be kids at 10 and 11 that will be just as sought after.

On Nokia 6.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was very impressed with Bazzo in that game. Doesn't sound like he has done much wrong this year, just fallen down the order as others have risen.

Unless he has some athletic deficiencies, I really like the idea of taking him with a second rounder if the Hawks don't go with Andrew/Gibcus with their first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back