List Mgmt. 2021 Draft Picks part deux: 4/33/75

Pick4…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

And yet didn’t make Twomeys draft team of the year. I find that confusing given the talk from all quarters that Rachele goes between 4-8

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wasn't that the team of the week? That was cleared up this morning, I think.

It comes unstuck if you go through a rebuild stage the following year.
We are at pick 4 this year, it's not like our pick will be significantly different to that next year.

Sanders, block your ears...

The only reason for us to trade our future pick this year is to get ahead in the draft for Callaghan. If we can do and get 13 we still have a chance for a really good mid at 13, or even then trade it back and take Draper if we want a smaller forward.

So, it's:
Callaghan and Draper / Goater / Sinn / Johnson
or
Rachelle + pick 4-8 in the 'talls draft'?

I'm just terrified that I really offended someone now. I certainly didn't meant to!!
"Pancake-eating" is offensive?

smartdog_idontgetit-jpg.647511

We are at pick 4 this year, it's not like our pick will be significantly different to that next year.

The only reason for us to trade our future pick this year is to get ahead in the draft for Callaghan. If we can do and get 13 we still have a chance for a really good mid at 13, or even then trade it back and take Draper if we want a smaller forward.

So, it's:
or
I hate to break it to you here but if GWS entertain a trade, it will likely cost us 4 AND will also want our 2022 1st. No pick 13 coming back our way. They have set the bar high for that pick apparently

You've included ROC on your list. We have 39 players on the list (32 - 5 - 2) so have 5 list spots available. We apparently want to keep 1-2 rookie spots open for the SSP, so that's 3-4 selections over the main and rookie drafts.

There was talk that we would either take 3 in the main draft or 2 and upgrade a rookie (Keays I believe). But, as has been noted, we need to have nominated that upgrade and I'm not sure that we have.

So, it looks like we will take 3 in the main draft and none or 1 rookie.
We need a minimum of 36 on the senior list. We currently have 32. It's too late to upgrade a rookie now, and have them count towards the minimum 3x ND selections.

This, combined with our current draft hand, suggests we'll be making 3x ND selections and upgrading 1x rookie after the draft.

That would leave us with 36+4+2. We may or may not make use of the RD, depending on whether or not we prefer to fill those rookie list positions via the PSSP instead.

I hate to break it to you here but if GWS entertain a trade, it will likely cost us 4 AND will also want our 2022 1st. No pick 13 coming back our way. They have set the bar high for that pick apparently
Pre-draft you're right...let's wait and see what the deal is on draft night.

Look, I don't expect it to get done, but I would offer it. I think GWS want to trade down, they don't need Callaghan and have basically said they don't want mids, so they may be doing a deal with the Hawks.

1- JHF (Roos)
2- Callaghan (Hawks)
3 - Andrew (GC)
4 - Rachelle (Adel)
5 - Gibcus (GWS)

So in this case, are GWS happy with Gibcus or would they prefer Rachelle (ie doing the Crows deal)?

1- JHF (Roos)
2- Callaghan (Crows)
3 - Andrew (GC)
4 - Rachelle (GWS)
5 - Ward (Hawks)

That player they have in mind may influence who they trade with.

And yet didn’t make Twomeys draft team of the year. I find that confusing given the talk from all quarters that Rachele goes between 4-8

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You have the link to Twomey's Draft Team OF Year, I wasn't aware he did one final one aside from the "ROLLING" team of the year teams he did on a weekly basis during the season.

The one the poster posted earlier is one of those.

You have to know your list and where you are for sure, but has been brilliantly executed by Melbourne.
Almost as good as the trade they did with Port that gave Port Watts (in the steal of the century according to every Port supporter at the time) while Melbourne got some hack who kicked 6 goals in the GF...
Look how many Clubs get it regularly wrong, when they strive for another shot at finals instead of rebuilding. Most do get it wrong.

Sinn and Goater for me please. Serious power, speed and size there.
Sinn and Goater (and Dawson) would be an awesome draft and would address our pressing needs Through the middle.
‘Small pressure forward later or rookie (maybe Fejo jr.)
then next year Trade for Rankine and/or Lukoscius and potentially Caleb Daniel as a FA.

this scenario is totally possible btw, not some supporters fantasy, and gives Knicks a genuine premiership capable list to work with.

Sinn and Goater (and Dawson) would be an awesome draft and would address our pressing needs Through the middle.
then next year Trade for Rankine and/or Lukoscius and potentially Caleb Daniel as a FA.

this scenario is totally possible btw, not some supporters fantasy, and gives Knicks a genuine premiership capable list to work with.
Fejo Jr is a wingman/outside runner not a small pressure forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree.

Have Sinn, Goater, Hately, Pedlar, Schoenberg, Keays, Sholl, Dawson, as the future of the midfield, it looks good.

Next year, make the play for Rankine via trade, and I'm sure there's a player we can trade out to get back into the draft if needed, plus our 2023/1 to bring forward.

So, it's:
or
I actually think we will be better next year. There seems to be a lot of a pessimistic type outlook on this board every year. This time last year, people wrote off Jones, were announcing Hately as the saviour and this year we are writing off McAsey, Crouch, Milera etc....

I think that we are a VERY VERY young team. Someone like Schoenberg has shown towards the end of season 2021 that he will be ready for more midfield minutes which all of a sudden adds some depth and quality.

While Milera and Crouch are still recovering, I strongly suspect they will get games and make us better. Dawson comes in as a ready made player who is about to enter his prime. Brown missed half the season through injury. Hately had an injury interrupted season.

I think the young guys will be better. I think McAsey could be putting making his CHB his own this year. I think Schoenberg is on the verge of a breakout season as a midfielder. Hately will be better as a young, big body midfielder with another pre-season under his belt and a year at the club being clearer what is expected from him. Sholl, Hamill, McPherson, Butts, McHenry, Padler, Cook, Berry, Thilthorpe et al will all improve....they are still pups in football terms.

Milera and Crouch will provide more steady experience. It all points to more than a gradual improvement. Granted we are still going to be pretty inconsistent as a team due to that youth but we will continue to pump games into these youngsters with steady vets in the team to provide that leadership.

I don't think we will make the 8 but I also don't think we will be bottom 4 either. I think we will be in that 9-11 range when its all said and done.

Look at our last rebuild that we did. We are approaching it in exactly the same way except we have hit the draft much harder than at any time in previous rebuild. Dangerfield was our top pick at pick 10 and Brad Crouch was a mini draft get for us at pick 2. This time around we have more hits inside that 1st round that we did last time we went through this.

Having listened to Hamish and club representatives over the last couple of years, they said they this will be the last time they hit the draft hard and will then look at turning their attention to free agency and trades. As far as the club is concerned, after this draft we will have the core that will need development and games and after this, it will be about targeting specific areas of need with trades and free agency. It wouldn't surprise me if we trade a future pick tonight to move up the order albeit, it sounds like GWS are not going to move form #2 and may be open to trading 13 away.

Even if we split the pick tonight, that is another 2 first rounders you are bringing onto the list. Bottom line is, that I think we will see as much improvement between 2021 and 2022 as we did between 2020 and 2021. I am pretty confident that we will not be a bottom 4 team next year.

I’d be so mad if we traded down and got NWM, not saying he’s a bad player it’s one of the positions we don’t need.
Rumour report was only if Callaghan and Rachele were gone and then from how Hamish has been talking they rate NWM pretty highly. It just looks like it'd be sticking to the talent list and being able to upgrade a pick in the process.

I don't think Rachele will be taken before we pick though, so I wouldn't bet on it happening.

Fejo Jr is a wingman/outside runner not a small pressure forward
Position at underage football really are irrelevant. Dangerfield was a HBF, Sloane played as a BP in the championships, Luke Brown was a midfielder, Rory Laird was a back pocket, Murphy played as a midfielder before we put him in our SANFL side, Doedee played as a forward, Daniel Talia played most of the underage footy at CHF, Charlie Cameron played as a wingman......that is just the players from our club that come to mind. Point is, the positions they play at underage football are almost as useless as **** on a bull. Its about what positions they project to be capable of playing at AFL.

Rumour report was only if Callaghan and Rachele were gone and then from how Hamish has been talking they rate NWM pretty highly. It just looks like it'd be sticking to the talent list and being able to upgrade a pick in the process.

I don't think Rachele will be taken before we pick though, so I wouldn't bet on it happening.
Phil Harper our SA scout :eek:

Maybe he'll make a better fist of his new role than previous appointments?

Since when did positions at underage football matter in the big scheme of things?
They do when he’s not proven he has the ability to win a whole lot of contested ball. Has been an outside mid at U18 level, and I’d be shocked if that changes when and if he takes the next step

His skills are elite, I just wouldn’t at all be considering him at 7(9) if we traded down

You've included ROC on your list. We have 39 players on the list (32 - 5 - 2) so have 5 list spots available. We apparently want to keep 1-2 rookie spots open for the SSP, so that's 3-4 selections over the main and rookie drafts.

There was talk that we would either take 3 in the main draft or 2 and upgrade a rookie (Keays I believe). But, as has been noted, we need to have nominated that upgrade and I'm not sure that we have.

So, it looks like we will take 3 in the main draft and none or 1 rookie.
Crap thought I deleted O’Connor

They do when he’s not proven he has the ability to win a whole lot of contested ball. Has been an outside mid at U18 level, and I’d be shocked if that changes when and if he takes the next step

His skills are elite, I just wouldn’t at all be considering him at 7(9) if we traded down
He is as skinny as a rake. Project what he could be in 3-4 years time, not what he is now. He is not going to be a contested ball beast but I think he could project as a pretty deadly balanced midfielder that only need to get the footy 20 times to destroy you with his skills.

I suspect being local would play a reasonable part in the thinking as well as more exposed form over the last couple of years. Personally, I am higher on Sinn but would be happy with NWM

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 Draft Picks part deux: 4/33/75

Back