List Mgmt. 2021 draft pool.

Remove this Banner Ad

they still had footage and notes from under 16s

next batch will have next to nothing other than what will unfold next year.
They played some matches this year and trials, hopefully a full year in 2022, with nationals and finals, I would take that over what they have to assess with this group. Obviously neither is ideal.

Arlo Draper
Tyler Sonsie
Jacob Van Rooyen
Josh Goater

All sound like bad guys in a mediocre Bruce Willis movie. What the hell happened to manly names for footy players in Australia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There’s no such thing as “manly” anymore. The line between men and women gets blurrier by the day.

If you take out players who have been impacted by injury/concussion/mental illness (Boyd, Kolodashnij, Scharanberg, Freeman, McCartin, Marchbank, Ahern, Cockatoo, Francis) and Carlton and Gold Coast players who have probably been developed pretty poorly (Pickett, Wright, Ah-Chee, Ainsworth, Setterfield, SPS, Brodie, Dow, O'Brien) that list of busts (bolded) is actually pretty small.

I think that’s the point … there are so many reasons why a player can be a bust despite unbelievable levels of talent to be taken top-10. You can’t remove all the factors that can impact ANYBODY (mental illness, concussion, injury, motivation, drugs, alcohol, gambling, home sickness etc ……) which is why it’s such a lottery whether pick-7 or pick-22. Of course the odds are better in the top-10 as they’ve had superior junior careers and are likely more talented, but there are just so many things that have to go right to get an elite player at any pick of the draft.

Don't think there are any, reckon wa clubs have been hiding him.

Erasmus looks strong around the contest, his marking is elite. Quick acceleration when needed and his kicking looks good.

Reads the flight of the ball really well, not something that’s easily teachable. Good overhead mark, hard tackler and looks like he has a bit of toe. A lot to like. Would take at 7(9) if he’s still on the board and Hobbs/Ward/Gibcus isn’t.

I wonder if it would make sense to take Amiss and Van Rooyen if available at our picks. We have quality experience at both ends of the ground which we can use to help develop these guys into our KPPs for the future. Midfielders are a dime a dozen unless elite and I don’t think we’re much better a chance landing an elite midfielder at 7 compared to 28.

Arlo Draper
Tyler Sonsie
Jacob Van Rooyen
Josh Goater

All sound like bad guys in a mediocre Bruce Willis movie. What the hell happened to manly names for footy players in Australia?

It's just a fad. Late 90s had the ridiculous affectation of throwing two surnames together to create a new one, e.g. Egmolesse-Smith. Seriously, WTF. Lave the hyphenated names for the Aristocracy. Then there was the obsession with calling kids Jack without understanding that Jack is the diminutive of John. Or spelling names wrong to make them more 'individual', e.g. Jaxon, Maxx or Exavier. Now the fad is to copy the yanks and give kids surnames as given names, like Mason and Taylor.

Having gotten that off my chset, Tyler Sonsie must surely have the nickname Kaiser.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d imagine it was 3 reasons.
He’s 29 next year.
Hawthorn wanted too much.
We don’t have the cap space.

Not wanting Andrew because he will take too long to develop seems odd when overlooking Mitchell for being too old.

Hawthorn seem to be willing to pay his contract

We have 2 x F2 picks. The rule is that you must have/use a pick 1 or pick 2 in each draft year. Therefore we can let F1 go.
That is not my understanding. You can either trade the F1 or any combination of later future picks. Below was from an article when future pick trading was introduced. We'd have to trade back in a F3 and a F4 to trade out our F1.

"Another complexity is if a club swaps a future round-one pick it cannot also offload later selections in that draft unless it trades back in, and vice versa."

That is not my understanding. You can either trade the F1 or any combination of later future picks. Below was from an article when future pick trading was introduced. We'd have to trade back in a F3 and a F4 to trade out our F1.

"Another complexity is if a club swaps a future round-one pick it cannot also offload later selections in that draft unless it trades back in, and vice versa."
This is my understanding too. Which makes no sense when we have Norfs 2nd which is better than our 3rd and 4th combined lol

It's just a fad. Late 90s had the ridiculous affectation of throwing two surnames together to create a new one, e.g. Egmolesse-Smith. Seriously, WTF. Lave the hyphenated names for the Aristocracy. Then there was the obsession with calling kids Jack without understanding that Jack is the diminutive of John. Or spelling names wrong to make them more 'individual', e.g. Jaxon, Maxx or Exavier. Now the fad is to copy the yanks and give kids surnames as given names, like Mason and Taylor.

Having gotten that off my chset, Tyler Sonsie must surely have the nickname Kaiser.
Or at least verbal kint

Where is this rule stated? The only rules that I can find related to future trading is that a club must use at least 2 first round selections in any 4 year period. A club must use either a first or second round selection in each given year.

Plus you're forgetting we've traded in a F2 from the Kangas.

Arlo Draper
Tyler Sonsie
Jacob Van Rooyen
Josh Goater

i've been re-watching the Sopranos, I'm pretty certain Arlo Draper is a gangster out of Newark...

I wonder if it would make sense to take Amiss and Van Rooyen if available at our picks. We have quality experience at both ends of the ground which we can use to help develop these guys into our KPPs for the future. Midfielders are a dime a dozen unless elite and I don’t think we’re much better a chance landing an elite midfielder at 7 compared to 28.
Next years Talls are better.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 draft pool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back