List Mgmt. 2021 draft pool.

Remove this Banner Ad

If Sinn gets through to our second pick I would hope we take a good look even if JVR is still on the board. If not for injury there's every chance he could have had the early games that Callahan did and be a top five prospect (as he was considered coming into this year)

If Sinn gets through to our second pick I would hope we take a good look even if JVR is still on the board. If not for injury there's every chance he could have had the early games that Callahan did and be a top five prospect (as he was considered coming into this year)
I'd be okay taking him with 7(9). Pace to burn.

I wonder if it would make sense to take Amiss and Van Rooyen if available at our picks. We have quality experience at both ends of the ground which we can use to help develop these guys into our KPPs for the future. Midfielders are a dime a dozen unless elite and I don’t think we’re much better a chance landing an elite midfielder at 7 compared to 28.
It makes sense to me. Are we really desperate for a mid. Stack, Bolton, Graham, Dow, RCD, Ross, Martyn, Cumberland, surely most of the are heading in the right direction. Prestia, Lambert, Martin, Edwards and Cotchin to teach them the ropes. In comparison to key forwards and backs, Balta, Miller and Biggy. Pretty thin.

I think we are impatient for a mid and expect a Hobbs or similar to walk on in and fix the deficiencies in our midfield. We have put years into the developing mids on our list, time to back them and give them a proper go. Even Graham who has been around for 5 years has only played a few games as a mid proper. None of us really know if he is going to turn into a Steele type or not. Stack could be anything as a mid, or anywhere else. Ross has played some great games, RCD's could be something special with his attributes. Dow looks pretty exciting.

We have one quality young key position player Balta. Next season we will have two 33 year old and a 29 year old, two rookies as backup.

This is my understanding too. Which makes no sense when we have Norfs 2nd which is better than our 3rd and 4th combined lol
100% agree. Maybe the AFL would sign off on it because of that extra F2, who knows with them. As you say it is better than the F3 + F4 that we have traded out.

It makes sense to me. Are we really desperate for a mid. Stack, Bolton, Graham, Dow, RCD, Ross, Martyn, Cumberland, surely most of the are heading in the right direction. Prestia, Lambert, Martin, Edwards and Cotchin to teach them the ropes. In comparison to key forwards and backs, Balta, Miller and Biggy. Pretty thin.

I think we are impatient for a mid and expect a Hobbs or similar to walk on in and fix the deficiencies in our midfield. We have put years into the developing mids on our list, time to back them and give them a proper go. Even Graham who has been around for 5 years has only played a few games as a mid proper. None of us really know if he is going to turn into a Steele type or not. Stack could be anything as a mid, or anywhere else. Ross has played some great games, RCD's could be something special with his attributes. Dow looks pretty exciting.

We have one quality young key position player Balta. Next season we will have two 33 year old and a 29 year old, two rookies as backup.
Talls in this draft are not elite. Very unlikely they'll be high quality. I'd rather speculate late on the talls. We've not even seen anything of Vic talls like Rentsch, who if they'd played more games would likely be higher rated than the lot in WA.

Talls in this draft are not elite. Very unlikely they'll be high quality. I'd rather speculate late on the talls. We've not even seen anything of Vic talls like Rentsch, who if they'd played more games would likely be higher rated than the lot in WA.
Not sure if I'd be using a top 30 pick on a speculative tall. Gibcus may be there abouts at pick 9, Van Rooyen at pick 17 and Bazzo a slight chance to make it to our three picks in the 20s. If we only end up using four picks and have space for Schlensog, then I'd probably look at him too, but apart from those four names I'd just go smaller players and save it for next year.

What’s the knock on Erasmus?
Don't think there are any, reckon wa clubs have been hiding him.

Erasmus looks strong around the contest, his marking is elite. Quick acceleration when needed and his kicking looks good.

Strengths:
Accumulation
Consistency
Endurance
Overhead Marking
Scoreboard Impact
Leading Patterns

Improvements:
Kicking Consistency
Explosive Speed

Could argue exposure and durability after injury as well if you're being super pedantic, but I'm pretty confident in what I've seen that exposure isn't a concern of mine at all. Kicking isn't bad, especially his set shots now, but he can try and rush it when trying to keep quick/ build momentum going forward

Strengths:
Accumulation
Consistency
Endurance
Overhead Marking
Scoreboard Impact
Leading Patterns

Improvements:
Kicking Consistency
Explosive Speed

Could argue exposure and durability after injury as well if you're being super pedantic, but I'm pretty confident in what I've seen that exposure isn't a concern of mine at all. Kicking isn't bad, especially his set shots now, but he can try and rush it when trying to keep quick/ build momentum going forward
Is he a sure thing to go to Freo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibcus looks pretty bloody close. Tall, springy, quick, good mark, great poise. I would be very happy with him.

Gibcus looks pretty bloody close. Tall, springy, quick, good mark, great poise. I would be very happy with him.
Yes I agree, I’d be happy to get Gibcus. It’s the WA talls I’m talking about. Amiss, JVR, Williams and Bazzo were all considered to be picks30+ 2 months ago and not worth an early pick. Now because we have a distinct lack of quality tall players in the draft their positions have been elevated, just because there’s nothing else. This is a midfielders draft and besides gibcus I do not believe we should be looking at these players with our first 2 picks.

It's just a fad. Late 90s had the ridiculous affectation of throwing two surnames together to create a new one, e.g. Egmolesse-Smith. Seriously, WTF. Lave the hyphenated names for the Aristocracy. Then there was the obsession with calling kids Jack without understanding that Jack is the diminutive of John. Or spelling names wrong to make them more 'individual', e.g. Jaxon, Maxx or Exavier. Now the fad is to copy the yanks and give kids surnames as given names, like Mason and Taylor.

Having gotten that off my chset, Tyler Sonsie must surely have the nickname Kaiser.

I’m looking forward to the next generation when the hyphenated (I call them “2 dads”) breed with each other. Their offspring will have 4 names.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is he a sure thing to go to Freo?
My guess is yes. If they didn't have such a high 2 pick (say even mid teens), they might be worried about Amiss, but I think they are confident we won't go Amiss at 7, but would very likely take Erasmus if the other mids are gone.
If Gibcus is there though, that'll get them thinking.

Whats wrong with taking 4 this year(Covid year) & 5+ next year(Freedom)?
As I said unless we got a deal that we can't refuse I would take our picks this year. No point trading a mid 20s pick this year for a possible mid 30s pick next year.

Speed could be his only knock maybe.
Maybe...
Strikes me as a footballer not an athletic...plenty of composure with the footy...can mark...kick...and is a distributor in the Hodgey mould..
Would not be disappointed...

Said I wouldn't get sucked into this years draft too much but what do you know, reading everything I can and watching videos like crazy.

There's about 12 players so far that I would be very excited to hear their names read out by the tiges. Hopefully we get a couple of them. Mostly the same names being mentioned everywhere but I have Wilmot a bit higher than most I think. On the shorter side but looks exciting.

Last edited:
https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_...**********-espn-early-two-round-phantom-draft
This is way off. There's no way Callaghan drops to 7 imo. If GWS doesn't take him, Gold Coast will. And Hobbs and Ward both being available at our pick is very very unlikely. Its far more likely that neither will be there.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 draft pool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back