List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The consensus is we're splitting 8 to get two picks in the teens which reckon is the way to go.

That be four top end talent walking through the door plus clark. Brodie comes in exchange for a box of rice bubbles.
We must be reading a different thread. I think you'd struggle to find more than a handful of posters who want to split our early picks.

I want two top 10 picks. I thought the consensus was taking two top 10 picks to the draft.

A
... I'm pretty pissed off with that Fyfe interview the more i think about it. Really showed our hand.

In fact i am finding fyfe to be a little too extra. That ridiculous haircut, the fact he's publicly coming out and saying where on the field he wants to play. Mother f***er we're paying you a mill a season, you play where we say you do.

Have a look at captain Gawn and how he interacts with fans. High fiving the crowd, wearing his full kit after the flag. Hoping someone like Andy comes in who's a little more grounded into the captain position.

I am expecting dislikes posting this..but i know I'm not alone in my assessment. Fyfe is a once in a generation player, but that doesn't mean i want him leading this group.

Agree with this completely, the thing that got me was when he said he was disappointed with Cerra...When we are trying to get the best deal for him, and when Cerra was not picking a club trying to do whats right for Freo. FFS mate STFU.

We must be reading a different thread. I think you'd struggle to find more than a handful of posters who want to split our early picks.

I want two top 10 picks. I thought the consensus was taking two top 10 picks to the draft.
Agreed.
I think the only exception is if 6&8 become 2&13

love yet more talk about fyfe being a shit captain when in reality the only people that’d know, would actually be the players and coaches.

Big no from me.

Saw him entering a strip club around 1 ..130am ish morning of a wafl final a few years back wearing a baseball cap trying to be undercover. He seemed to be a usual customer as he was treated like royalty.

He had 5 possessions in that final.

Hope he had more ‘touches’ as a playa at 2am

Carlton is set to hand over a second draft pick in addition to pick 6 to land Adam Cerra.
The Herald Sun understands Cerra will officially pick Carlton as his club of choice in the next 48 hours despite Melbourne’s strong recent interest.
The Demons had always been keen to land Cerra, a move which prompted the Dockers to ask for Luke Jackson as part of a potential deal.

Jackson is going nowhere, but players like Angus Brayshaw and James Harmes, who could have been parts of a swap, are now premiership heroes who are untouchable.
So Carlton will be able to broker a deal that will require them to again hand over a top-10 pick after giving up pick 8 for Adam Saad last year.
Kayo is your ticket to the best local and international sport streaming Live & On-Demand. New to Kayo? Start Your Free Trial >
The Dockers will demand another selection as well as pick 6, and will likely secure it after strong early talks between the two parties.
The No.6 pick will filter back to pick eight after father-son bids for Sam Darcy and Nick Daicos, and will come in a draft that has three or four standouts then perhaps a dozen even players in a bunch from picks five onwards.

d3ffacdc70e55c3af2f978b14f1a375b32ce5120.jpg
Adam Cerra will be in navy blue in 2022.
The Dockers will be taking a player who has played as few as six official games in the past two seasons if they take a Victorian in that part of the draft.

While WA and SA-based players have barely been affected by Covid, most Victorian teens have played such little football the draft could be a lottery.
If the Blues were taking Cerra in the draft they would be prepared to use pick 3 or 4 so clearly will have to hand over more than the pick which will secure the eighth-best player in the draft.
That pick could be a later selection in this year’s draft or a future pick, with Fremantle keen to go to the draft as well as secure Geelong’s Jordan Clark.
Carlton’s draft hand this year is 6, 25 and 61, but they would be reluctant to give up both 6 and 25 for Cerra.

380ef3362352eb2c519281330ff8ee298ebe3251.jpg
Luke Jackson isn’t going anywhere in a trade.
Most clubs who have secured ready-made talents of Cerra’s calibre have given up a first-rounder and a second-rounder, or two first-rounders and secured a second-rounder back.
Cerra at 21 is set to record another strong best-and-fairest finish in the Doig Medal on Saturday night after finishing equal third alongside Andrew Brayshaw last year.
Melbourne’s chase for Cerra, who is best mates with Demon Ed Langdon, would also have been tough from a salary cap perspective.
Luke Jackson, out of contract next season, has suddenly becomes one of the hottest commodities in football after his exceptional Grand Final.
The Demons will have to find cap space for him and Bailey Fritsch, who is also out of contract next year, with West Coast sure to make inquiries given Nic Naitanui is coming to the end of his career.
Clark set to walk away from Cats
Geelong’s last-ditch efforts to keep Jordan Clark will come up short as Fremantle prepares to offer a mid-20s selection for the contracted Cats wingman.
Clark is set for key meetings with the Cats this week, having already spoken about his desire for a move in his exit meeting.
It is understood senior Cats figures including coach Chris Scott and chief executive Steve Hocking have contacted him in the past week to assess whether he would remain at the club.
But he is expected to officially ask for a trade, with the Cats already fully aware of his intention to move to Fremantle.
Departing defensive coach Matthew Scarlett was reluctant to play him in his backline at times which left Clark feeling it would be extremely difficult to break into the team.
The Herald Sun reported on Monday the Cats were prepared to let him go for a pick in between Fremantle’s first and second-round selections – 8 and 27 – to release him from his contract.

04c990dc6e34787a628b2b0426efa15df4f7f5ba.jpg
Jordan Clark will head home to WA. Picture: Michael Klein
Fremantle’s view is that the No.15 draft pick in the 2018 national draft is worth a pick around the early 20s after an 18-game debut season but only 14 games in the past two years.
And given clubs can easily interchange picks with a series of complicated pick swaps, moving up from 27 to a slightly earlier pick would be easy enough.
It would allow the Dockers to take pick 8 and Carlton’s No.6 selection to the national draft to bolster their exciting playing stocks.
Rory Lobb told the club in his exit meeting he had no intention of asking for a trade despite speculation about his future.
If a Melbourne suitor had emerged he might have been keen to assess whether he could find a way to Victoria, but given his $700,000-a-year salary and age (28) he will almost certainly stay put.
If Geelong was able to secure a pick at around 20 for Clark, the Cats would have picks 30, 32, 34, 52 plus the Clark pick and a later selection for Nathan Kreuger, who is likely to land at Collingwood.
The Cats handed over pick 42 to Carlton for SANFL player Kreuger three years ago to select him as a state-league player after the Blues were handed access to several state-league talents as part of an AFL assistance package.
They believe having given him three years of coaching and development he is ready to blossom so will be reluctant to let him go for a pick later than 42.

bahahaha

without fail Ralph(or Morris) just can’t help but keep flogging the vic centric bias dead horse can they.

After weeks of carrying on how blues didn’t want to give up p6 (was too high coz apparently cerra was overrated etc ) and would split it blah blah ,

Now that the true price has been set and Carlton look quite willingly to pay it ,NOW all of a sudden cerras the equivalent of p3/4 in this draft(so better than p6/8) and on top then also goes onto quote how players like him are usually traded for a first and second or two firsts and second back- what this board and anyone with half a brains been saying since cerra was expected to move.

I know I shouldn’t get too wrapped up with it but it’s still infuriating the open bias these 2 pieces of 💩 sprout every single trade period with out fail.

A

Agree with this completely, the thing that got me was when he said he was disappointed with Cerra...When we are trying to get the best deal for him, and when Cerra was not picking a club trying to do whats right for Freo. FFS mate STFU.
him saying it was disappointing that he and Mundy stepped aside somewhat to give more opportunities to someone who’s now leaving is a pretty fair statement imo. welcome change from the cliche driven interviews we usually see

No, contracts are binding regardless. In AFL the trade price varies depending on if a player is required.

Geelong 100% do not want to lose young players they have developed and will play hardball. No reason not to. That's what we do, and must do.

The similarities with Lobb and Clark (and of course we should add Kelly, McCarthy, Weller etc) are that they indicated they want a trade, but are in contract.
we'll see - it will be between 20 and 27
If you think that's "hardball" that's your opinion.

love yet more talk about fyfe being a sh*t captain when in reality the only people that’d know, would actually be the players and coaches.

The guy I spoke to would be more qualified then anyone to make the assessment on how his leadership stakes up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

love yet more talk about fyfe being a sh*t captain when in reality the only people that’d know, would actually be the players and coaches.
The best part is tho , people carrying on how we “gave” the captaincy to Fyfe.

Seriously how many times does it need to be said but the PLAYERS vote on the captaincy NOT the club(tho they obviously rubber stamp it)

So apparently players on one hand are not too partial to Nat but yet keep voting him captain??

sounds legit

... I'm pretty pissed off with that Fyfe interview the more i think about it. Really showed our hand.

In fact i am finding fyfe to be a little too extra. That ridiculous haircut, the fact he's publicly coming out and saying where on the field he wants to play. Mother f***er we're paying you a mill a season, you play where we say you do.

Have a look at captain Gawn and how he interacts with fans. High fiving the crowd, wearing his full kit after the flag. Hoping someone like Andy comes in who's a little more grounded into the captain position.

I am expecting dislikes posting this..but i know I'm not alone in my assessment. Fyfe is a once in a generation player, but that doesn't mean i want him leading this group.

I’m tipping (hoping) Fyfe would have only said it if he knew it was a done deal

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Any free agents worth a look

Trent Dumont, Shaun Atley , Boyd Woodcock, Tim O’Brien look ok from a far.

Tim O'Brien so we can win Mark of the Year too.

That doesn't correlate to what I used to watch at training. They are obviously cautious about injuring each other at training but I never once thought Fyfe was a protected species out there - more that he dominated and they couldn't get near him. Perhaps they were told to be ultra careful not to injure our best player but I'd strongly doubt that directive came from Fyfe. What I did notice was when Fyfe hit someone hard he was the first to check that they were ok.

The guy is clearly confident in his abilities and knows the value of himself from a marketing perspective (you are only a footballer for a short part of your life). But all I've observed is an extreme tall poppy syndrome out there relating to him - I really don't see the 'flog' many seem to infer he is.
Yeah I've never understood this idea that you're not allowed to acknowledge your insane abilities, Fyfe is arguably the best player in the league when he's at 100%, why wouldn't he be confident. And who gives a **** if he's getting himself sponsorship deals for when he retires?

People have this weird mentality that when you're a football player you have to give back to the sport after you retire, why would you do that when you can continue to make more money?

Before we think of trading out pick 8 for 2 x picks in the teens, we need to make sure that
we have Erasmus with pick 6.
He is climbing the boards on a few BF phantom drafts. It’s no monty that he’ll be there at
our 1st pick + Callaghan will be long gone.

Yeah I've never understood this idea that you're not allowed to acknowledge your insane abilities, Fyfe is arguably the best player in the league when he's at 100%

Fyfe doesn't play a full season, so he's not even in the Top 5

Petracca
Martin
Bont
Wines
Toby Greene

Had a discussion with someone that for many years was involved in the club in a leadership role and he was adamant that one of the clubs bigger mistakes was making Fyfe captain rather then Mundy.

From all reports he’s basically treated like a QB at training etc, just without the red vest. Young guys on our list I know have been berated for accidentally tackling or bumping him.

To be fair most young guys tackling Fyfe would come off second best.
Solid player management I’d say… for the youngsters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back