List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone keen to explore something like:

6, 8 and 27 to Gold Coast for
3, 19, 22, 43, 55 and Brodie?

So an upgrade and downgrade combo?

Gold Coast don’t need picks, we need to fill spots.

Don’t like the talk of splitting a top 10 pick. Even more so if we’re the ones driving it. Take them to the draft and if someone comes to us asking about a deal, then consider it at that time. Otherwise, take the top end talent every time.
We can split it on draft night also if need be if there are a heap of WA players available. WC did this and got Allen and Ryan

Id see no value in moving to 3 for a single player when we can grab two top talents at 6 and 8? I mean once Daicos and Sarcy leave the next best is Horne but will he be worth more than players at 6 and 8? id say no.

him saying it was disappointing that he and Mundy stepped aside somewhat to give more opportunities to someone who’s now leaving is a pretty fair statement imo. welcome change from the cliche driven interviews we usually see
Not when we are trying to get the best deal possible for an out of contract player

If a pick with #3 gets us a player like Brayshaw, Cerra, Serong that won't be there at #6 or #8 then we should look at it. You only get to field eighteen guys at a time and elite players win moments that win games.

If the quality of the player at #6 and #8 is good enough - don't do it but upgrading a spot on the field to a maybe A is worth it compared to upgrading two spots to maybe Bs.

There's no guarantee of any of it though.

As posted by someone earlier, is it worth trying to swap future first picks this year with the Dons or Saints?
3 top 10 picks again plus Clark is a nice off season, speeds up the rebuild and give us access to all the top rated WA talent. Could bag both the big boys + NE or MJ ?

Wouldn't mind Jack Lonie for extremely cheap. Handy small forward who can kick goals. Would literally cost a third/fourth round pick

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don’t like the talk of splitting a top 10 pick. Even more so if we’re the ones driving it. Take them to the draft and if someone comes to us asking about a deal, then consider it at that time. Otherwise, take the top end talent every time.
We are at the wrong end of the top end.

Id see no value in moving to 3 for a single player when we can grab two top talents at 6 and 8? I mean once Daicos and Sarcy leave the next best is Horne but will he be worth more than players at 6 and 8? id say no.
Yeah unless it gets us Callaghan, which it most likely won't, I wouldn't do it. The top 4 seem to be Daicos, Horne, Callaghan and Darcy which we would get none of. But we could get two of the next bracket of players with 6 and 8...

As posted by someone earlier, is it worth trying to swap future first picks this year with the Dons or Saints?
3 top 10 picks again plus Clark is a nice off season, speeds up the rebuild and give us access to all the top rated WA talent. Could bag both the big boys + NE or MJ ?
Not at all interested personally.

Every year when the draft rolls around you have people who are keen to sell the future down the drain to nab one extra talent in the upcoming draft. Don't understand that thinking, I think it's short sighted.

We'll have plenty of young talent from this draft, there's no need to sell our future first.

bahahaha

without fail Ralph(or Morris) just can’t help but keep flogging the vic centric bias dead horse can they.

After weeks of carrying on how blues didn’t want to give up p6 (was too high coz apparently cerra was overrated etc ) and would split it blah blah ,

Now that the true price has been set and Carlton look quite willingly to pay it ,NOW all of a sudden cerras the equivalent of p3/4 in this draft(so better than p6/8) and on top then also goes onto quote how players like him are usually traded for a first and second or two firsts and second back- what this board and anyone with half a brains been saying since cerra was expected to move.

I know I shouldn’t get too wrapped up with it but it’s still infuriating the open bias these 2 pieces of 💩 sprout every single trade period with out fail.
Not to brag, but… 💅 you’re welcome.

Walls is reportedly keen on Callaghan and Callaghan is the second live best consensus with draft experts after Horne-Francis. Regardless of where Daicos and Darcy go in the top 5 we will need pick 2 to ensure we get Callaghan.

So I see no point in trading for 3. Also draft experts are saying a clear top 5 and then next tier of around 10-15. Picks 19 (21-22) and 22 (24-25) are pushing outside that range and leaving you to pick up the sliders only.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To me it's a no as it would only be worth splitting to get -
- Access to 1 or 2 (Horne-Francis or Callaghan) and a solid representation of 1 or 2 picks in the 2nd....not going to happen
- Split them for numerous picks up to 25

Think we're best to sit and (assuming we get 6) just pick our top 2 rated players of who is there ...we can play games but if we decide we want for example - Wanganeen-Milera and Erasmus, just take them and hope like hell someone falls to our 2nd round pick.

him saying it was disappointing that he and Mundy stepped aside somewhat to give more opportunities to someone who’s now leaving is a pretty fair statement imo. welcome change from the cliche driven interviews we usually see
Agree. We were one win out of the finals. He should be pissed off.

Any chance something, anything is going to happen? Dreadfully bored over here.

Trade week hasn't started yet mate!

Look for the Neale talk to ramp up in the last few days. Still think it's possible.

Just adding..i feel Neale coming out and saying he wasn't going anywhere shutting the rumour down was just to keep the heat off Lachie/Jules and lesser extent Lions/Freo. Lions can't keep a player who wants nothing more than leave.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back