List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone in a leadership position is open to criticism. Undying loyalty to leaders that represent you is what causes mediocrity, especially if you are the ones paying them! I think Fyfe has been a great player but an average leader, although every year he seems to be improving so I will back him for the position. I do want to see Mundy or AB as vice captain though.
Give us some of your 'average' leader moments oh wise judge of leaders..

... I'm pretty pissed off with that Fyfe interview the more i think about it. Really showed our hand.

In fact i am finding fyfe to be a little too extra. That ridiculous haircut, the fact he's publicly coming out and saying where on the field he wants to play. Mother f***er we're paying you a mill a season, you play where we say you do.

Have a look at captain Gawn and how he interacts with fans. High fiving the crowd, wearing his full kit after the flag. Hoping someone like Andy comes in who's a little more grounded into the captain position.

I am expecting dislikes posting this..but i know I'm not alone in my assessment. Fyfe is a once in a generation player, but that doesn't mean i want him leading this group.

I listened to something last week and it was alleged after discussing the brownlow that a journo was told a story a few years back that fyfe told the coaches don't play him forward because he wouldn't get brownlow votes. And that he is a massive Figjam

What about Tom Joyce, East Freo boy, done a good apprentiship, good stats in VFL this year when it could be played. Hard midfield to break into in Brisbane. Uncontracted, I would not be suprised if us or the Wiggles are into him. Would cost a bag of chips.
I reckon we could do worse than add Mitch Wallis for a couple of years, he was great last year forward for the Bulldogs. Is a free agent.

What about Tom Joyce, East Freo boy, done a good apprentiship, good stats in VFL this year when it could be played. Hard midfield to break into in Brisbane. Uncontracted, I would not be suprised if us or the Wiggles are into him. Would cost a bag of chips.
I reckon we could do worse than add Mitch Wallis for a couple of years, he was great last year forward for the Bulldogs. Is a free agent.
Good ideas.
Wallis could come coz of the Bulldogs connections at Freo

I don’t think Cerra nominates a club until after the B&F this weekend. The room vibe will be so sour if he nominates Melbourne for instance. Even nominating any club is poor form, he might get booed attending the stage.
he may have already left, there was a clip of him getting interviewed at the airport a week or so back.

I have Ward very highly rated, even more so than Erasmus. He has pace, is dual sided and impacts the scoreboard. If we think he won't be a flight risk I would consider using the first on him.

We need more size in the middle. Serong is tiny. Brayshaw not huge. The bigger bodies like Erasmus are way more appealing to me if we are taking a midfielder. Ward is listed as 181cm and looks pretty compact and plays even shorter than his height. Vic Metro. Big no for me when there will be other options on the table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DOCKERS SET FAIR PRICE FOR CAT
FREMANTLE and Geelong face a period of negotiation to reach an agreement on Jordan Clark's move west, with the Dockers expected to baulk at any request for a first-round pick in exchange for the contracted speedster.

The Cats believe Clark is worth a pick between Fremantle's current No.8 selection and their No.27 pick, having used pick No.15 in the 2018 NAB AFL Draft to recruit the 20-year-old.

The Dockers, however, are understood to view their pick No.27 as a fair price to pay for a player who featured eight times in 2021 and was an unused medical substitute on a further three occasions.

The West Australian has played 32 games in three seasons and is keen to join the Dockers. He is yet to make any trade request public, but it is understood all parties are clear on his desire to make the move.

Meanwhile, the Dockers continue to workshop several trade scenarios involving Carlton in anticipation of a formal request from midfielder Adam Cerra, which was yet to be made on Tuesday.

Direct negotiations will ramp up only when that request is made, given Melbourne has remained an interested party all the way through to its premiership and has pitched directly to Cerra recently.

Carlton's pick No.6 remains the centrepiece of any potential deal with Carlton, with an expectation the Blues will need to add a later selection on top of that. – Nathan Schmook

Trade week hasn't started yet mate!

Look for the Neale talk to ramp up in the last few days. Still think it's possible.

Just adding..i feel Neale coming out and saying he wasn't going anywhere shutting the rumour down was just to keep the heat off Lachie/Jules and lesser extent Lions/Freo. Lions can't keep a player who wants nothing more than leave.
Totally agree. Not that I know any more.

I listened to something last week and it was alleged after discussing the brownlow that a journo was told a story a few years back that fyfe told the coaches don't play him forward because he wouldn't get brownlow votes. And that he is a massive Figjam
Must have happened if a journo said it 😒

Is it Just me or did Schmook seem genuinely surprised when Riley bev suggested freo had ties to Will Brodie?
Rate Schmook as a jorno, so if it’s news to him I’d suggest it’s just BF fluff

Is it Just me or did Schmook seem genuinely surprised when Riley bev suggested freo had ties to Will Brodie?
Rate Schmook as a jorno, so if it’s news to him I’d suggest it’s just BF fluff
Will Brodie. Another Blake acres coming up.
Getting sick of these borderline best 22 players clogging up the list. Freo don't seem to learn from their mistakes 🤣

Will Brodie. Another Blake acres coming up.
Getting sick of these borderline best 22 players clogging up the list. Freo don't seem to learn from their mistakes 🤣

Hey, hey, hey! Brodie is a good player, he just needs to be played in his natural position under a new coach in a new environment and he definitely won't be a spud.

Acres is living proof of that! He's a raging success!

(As in he induces rage every time I watch him shit himself when a contest is Infront of him)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back