List Mgmt. 2021 Mid-Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

This is what freeman had to say about Bailey Lambert.. I’d love him on our list.. Callow will fill a hole but I’d go best available at our first pick. If we could get a key forward for our second pick that would be great!

“Lambert is a weapon. He’s only played three VFL games in his life coming from Richmond VFL across to us and he’s a ball of energy. He has so much confidence in himself and it’s showing in his performances.

“He hits the scoreboard, he’s elite in defence, plays tall, plays small, marks it over his head and he’s got a fair few weapons that would be quite appealing to AFL clubs if they came down and took a look.

“He’s a different type. A versatile player with elite endurance and elite speed are the ones clubs are looking at. I can imagine he would get some serious interest now. He’s a weapon in his own right and such a good player.”

Amazingly positive assessment- recruiters are either asleep or this is a massive overhype.

Pavlich also went undrafted then went as a top pick as an overeager the next draft.
If callow keeps performing the way he has the past few games he will get drafted in the main draft but not by us.
I have nothing against the kid and hope he makes it.
Pavlich is one example of it working out. Countless examples over the years where it goes the other way. The recruiters have much more of an idea than us, so if they opt for Callow they/he will have my full support.

Collingwood and Gold Coast are also interested in Moyle who is playing with Collingwood’s VFL side and the Oakleigh Chargers.

The Magpies have been doing their homework on former Adelaide small forward Tyson Stengle and have interviewed him in Adelaide and flown him to Melbourne to meet with coaches as they way up the talented player, considered by some clubs as the best player not on an AFL list, and the issues that prompted him to be delisted by the Crows this year.

Those close to Stengle believe he would be much better off moving out of Adelaide.

Collingwood also has interest in ruckman Alexander Mirkov, currently on Carlton’s VFL list.

The fact so many Collingwood supporters are hoping for a key forward prospect in Callow probably rules him out immediately.

We just never seem to take a chance on these mature bodied young talls and I don't understand why given we seem to have no problem wasting selections on every other type of footballer across the years.

Cox is likely gone at years end, Kelly has currently returned to a role in defence and McMahon is a skinny kid who will take time and one who will provide different advantages to Callow as a forward option.

Callow is a list need and if he ends up being another Billy Morrison spud then so what given the low cost attached.

Please surprise us Derek.

Collingwood also has interest in ruckman Alexander Mirkov, currently on Carlton’s VFL list.

That's another ruck interest alongside Moyle.

Unless they present as something truly special then surely the ruck isn't our most pressing list need.

That's another ruck interest alongside Moyle.

Unless they present as something truly special then surely the ruck isn't our most pressing list need.
Looking for an option to replace Lynch maybe?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

robbing us of a potential pick 2 now lol

We're almost certain to still be 16th after this weekend's games, with Hawthorn that one spot below us. It would not be fair if they simply went on reverse ladder order for this draft with a couple of teams having played one less game than the rest, so I'm wondering if the AFL will go on match ratio to decide the order. That would be a fair and reasonable thing to do. If they did opt for that, with Hawthorn having just 2 wins from 10 games and us 2 wins from 11 games (barring a huge shock) we would be below them on match ratio. It'll be interesting to see what they end up doing with the draft order!

If other clubs aren’t that keen on Stengle because of his off field issues,then it might be better to go for Callow
with our first pick and then Stengle with our second.A lot of clubs probably won’t even take part in this draft,so he could still be available by the second round.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 Mid-Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back