List Mgmt. 2021 Mid-Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm intrigued as to where these supposed leaks are coming from. Is it a matter of these journalists asking the players which clubs have interviewed them? Or the journalists guessing? Possibly both.

We are being led to believe we are interested in taking maybe 3 or 4 different players across 2 (or maybe now 3) picks. So much so that come tomorrow night, if we pick a player we haven't been linked (Callow) to or haven't heard of, we'll riot!

Just please, everyone, remember when we drafted Brayden Sier 😂😂😂

Or Bo Nixon 🤮

I'm intrigued as to where these supposed leaks are coming from. Is it a matter of these journalists asking the players which clubs have interviewed them? Or the journalists guessing? Possibly both.

We are being led to believe we are interested in taking maybe 3 or 4 different players across 2 (or maybe now 3) picks. So much so that come tomorrow night, if we pick a player we haven't been linked (Callow) to or haven't heard of, we'll riot!

I think it’s a case 99% of them don’t have any idea considering we’ve been linked/picking 4 players with 1 pick in the last 24 hours. Clearly someone will be right with the throws at the dart board.

But nothing generates clicks more than an underachieving club with the hopes of supporters resting on a unicorn landing in the mid season draft!

I think it’s a case 99% of them don’t have any idea considering we’ve been linked/picking 4 players with 1 pick in the last 24 hours. Clearly someone will be right with the throws at the dart board.

But nothing generates clicks more than an underachieving club with the hopes of supporters resting on a unicorn landing in the mid season draft!
Exactly this but I do enjoy the banter around some of the overlooked or not just there talent. Checkers and Noble have been great but they are really the benchmark for us right now. Let's hope for a Unicorn but plan for a promising Pony or a proven War horse.

Should we temper our expectations about the MSD?
Yes, in terms of;
a) our recruiters’ willingness to address obvious areas of need
b) the availability of players after our first selection, and,
c) the likely performance and longevity of these players on entering the league given the historically high attrition rate of MSD selections.

Callow seems to be a more pressing need... but I still don’t mind Moyle at pick 3.

Of the two I think Moyle is more certain to have a long term 100game AFL career.

The kid will be a very decent ruck. Competing against mature players and already posting better VFL numbers than Lynch is after 5 years in the system.

With Lynch not up to it and Cox being 30 and wanting big coin... taking Moyle at 3 is not as unreasonable as some posters here think

Seriously? According to? Moyle 11.3 disposals (only 3 kicks), 3.7 marks, 0.7 tackles and 17.7 hitouts (season high 23). Lynch 10.7 disposals (7 kicks), 4 marks, 2.3 tackles and 29 (season high 33) hitouts. I know these figures are skewed a bit by shared ruck time and Lynch being hampered in his game against the Suns but I think Lynchy needs a little more respect.

I think Moyle’s numbers against U18’s are better than Lynch’s VFL numbers, but his output for Collingwood’s VFL side has not been.

I think Moyle’s numbers against U18’s are better than Lynch’s VFL numbers, but his output for Collingwood’s VFL side has not been.
Though to be fair, I think Moyle has done extemely well for himself. 7 games (4 Nab League, 3 VFL) of football in the last.. 18 months at pretty good numbers for a 19 year old.

Tex walker says hi. Seriously most clubs have two KPF. We have 0. We need atleast one capable of 40-50 goals

There was 1 player kicked that many in 2020 (shortened season). Only 11 in 2019 and 2 of them were small forwards (Cameron, Walters) and 1 was a medium forward (Membrey). Hoskin-Elliott and JDG both kicked 40+ goals in 2018. So is it about an individual contribution, or the teams scoring capacity?

Seriously? According to? Moyle 11.3 disposals (only 3 kicks), 3.7 marks, 0.7 tackles and 17.7 hitouts (season high 23). Lynch 10.7 disposals (7 kicks), 4 marks, 2.3 tackles and 29 (season high 33) hitouts. I know these figures are skewed a bit by shared ruck time and Lynch being hampered in his game against the Suns but I think Lynchy needs a little more respect.

Ok, Lynch shades him on stars this year.

Don’t know how a person can think Lynch after 5 years in the system has more AFL ruck potential than young Moyle... who has a trajectory of development and improvement that is 10 times more rapid.

Given the two. I know who I’d be choosing to have on the list going forward

Sooner or later Lynch will end up in the state leagues like AFL exiled rucks so often do. If he continues to develop and has some luck he might get another go at AFL level.

How many more years should we wait for him to be if AFL standard? At least Gault played 8 games in 5 years.

I’m not saying choose Moyle over Callow. Just that Moyle at pick 3 is not a bad outcome at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually Sier probably is still one of the most talented players at that point of the draft. If you look at the 2015 draft, probably not that many players picked after Sier you'd prefer over him. Talent isn't the question. It's the lack of opportunities that have been given to him plus his application towards improvement that's more the problem.

WC have Kennedy and Darling, but it didn't stop them from drafting Oscar Allen.
Geelong had the real deal in Hawkins, but broke the bank to get Cameron.
Ditto Richmond who had Riewoldt but sold the farm to get Lynch.
Brisbane had an elite developing KPF in Hipwood, but went and got Daniher.
Ditto WB who had Naughton coming through, but went and got Bruce.

We simply have to pick a KPF at some stage and make one, or we'll never have one. Even if we somehow manage to recruit a quality ready made player for the position, it probably still won't be enough because all the good teams have at least two.

If we don't get one now, then when? We can't afford to wait until the end of next year and our best chance of getting one at the end of this year is as a rookie.

Apologies for the intrusion but I'm surprised no-one corrected this. Richmond didn't 'sell the farm to get Lynch'. He was of course a free agent and Gold Coast chose not to match. Would we have if Gold Coast had matched? Probably as he had already committed to us, but that's another story. Anyhow I will let myself out...

Actually Sier probably is still one of the most talented players at that point of the draft. If you look at the 2015 draft, probably not that many players picked after Sier you'd prefer over him. Talent isn't the question. It's the lack of opportunities that have been given to him plus his application towards improvement that's more the problem.

I wasn't questioning Sier's talent whatsoever, in fact I still rate him.

I just remember Fox Footy's draft coverage not having a photo for him and possibly little-to-no highlights. A real "who?" moment at the time.

Apologies for the intrusion but I'm surprised no-one corrected this. Richmond didn't 'sell the farm to get Lynch'. He was of course a free agent and Gold Coast chose not to match. Would we have if Gold Coast had matched? Probably as he had already committed to us, but that's another story. Anyhow I will let myself out...
Probably the "sold the farm" was in reference to the size of his contract.

Though to be fair, I think Moyle has done extemely well for himself. 7 games (4 Nab League, 3 VFL) of football in the last.. 18 months at pretty good numbers for a 19 year old.

I agree, been terrific. He'll be a very good ruckman for whomever drafts him. Just not sure it'll be us.

No question. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back