List Mgmt. 2021 Mid-Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

very long shot but Cripps grew 5cm when he went to Carlton. So you never know.
Cripps grew 3cm, not 5, and even that was considered pretty extraordinary. So yeah, 5-10cm ain’t happening.

very long shot but Cripps grew 5cm when he went to Carlton. So you never know.
You're are right in as much as the attached article quotes Cripps as saying he grew 5cm after arriving at Carlton, although what Apex36 says may be more accurate given he was listed at 192cm at draft time and now 195cm. With all these measures there is a range of accuracy in measuring and reporting which would explain the discrepancy.

He presents an interesting case though. Most boys reach full height by about 16 and the rest reach that between 16-18. When you go through puberty is the biggest determinant of when you grow. Cripps was late to puberty and the 20cm growth spurt he had was between 16-18 years came at a time when most boys were already full height. Look at his face from draft time 2013 and that could easily be the face of a 14 yo. He still looks like a kid. Thats why he still had cms to gain post drafting.

Aiden Begg on the other hand looks like an 18yo in the face and body. Its almost certain he is already full height. Almost every drafted player is. Cripps very much the exception.

1622774841221.png

1622775402256.png

You're are right in as much as the attached article quotes Cripps as saying he grew 5cm after arriving at Carlton, although what Apex36 says may be more accurate given he was listed at 192cm at draft time and now 195cm. With all these measures there is a range of accuracy in measuring and reporting which would explain the discrepancy.

He presents an interesting case though. Most boys reach full height by about 16 and the rest reach that between 16-18. When you go through puberty is the biggest determinant of when you grow. Cripps was late to puberty and the 20cm growth spurt he had was between 16-18 years came at a time when most boys were already full height. Look at his face from draft time 2013 and that could easily be the face of a 14 yo. He still looks like a kid. Thats why he still had cms to gain post drafting.

Aiden Begg on the other hand looks like an 18yo in the face and body. Its almost certain he is already full height. Almost every drafted player is. Cripps very much the exception.

View attachment 1145922

View attachment 1145932

Dude still has boyish features despite being in the top few most hulking players league wide. He’s just a genetic freak!

Has anyone seen this social media post by Ash Johnson doing the rounds referring to Collingwood and its supporters as ‘wan*ers’ ?

Has anyone seen this social media post by Ash Johnson doing the rounds referring to Collingwood and its supporters as ‘wan*ers’ ?

Yes I have.

Came from someone Stirring Him after our Prelin win over Richmond.

Jen2310 said he was a Richmond Fan

Seen how much wanking happens over Nick Daicos these days?

Anyways, he wasn’t recruited to be our social media manager, so I really don’t care.

Yes we've all seen it and not sure why it's of relevance?
As you know, you posted it here and it was deleted.
Please feel free to ridicule him elsewhere if you are still so inclined.

FYI Gone Critical jathanas Maggie5

Just finished a Zoom meeting with Skipworth & Selwood.
Stated that the top 3 rated draftees on Collingwood list were Ash Johnson, Begg & Callow.
Club wanted Ash first then either of Begg or Callow.
So if Hawks had taken Begg, we would have taken Callow.

Just finished a Zoom meeting with Skipworth & Selwood.
Stated that the top 3 rated draftees on Collingwood list were Ash Johnson, Begg & Callow.
Club wanted Ash first then either of Begg or Callow.
So if Hawks had taken Begg, we would have taken Callow.

How did you get a Zoom Meeting with those 2?

Did they say who was Rated Higher Begg or Callow?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did you get a Zoom Meeting with those 2?

Did they say who was Rated Higher Begg or Callow?
It was set up by the Club for Legends Members.
Said we got our top 2 picks, but Callow rated highly.
So I think it was line ball between Begg & Callow.

Thanks for Sharing that Info Mate

View attachment 1145922

View attachment 1145932
It's funny that you say this, just due to my personal experience was of growing 5 or so cms between 17-20. But both of my brothers were done at 16. We're all quite tall but I was a very late bloomer...

Seems to definitely be the exception more than the rule, but as a result it took me a LONG time to stop being so gullible with the "player x has grown y cm's this summer"

Load of fluff. There’s no possible way Begg could have been rated higher than Callow given the disparity between the body of work those two have displayed.

Cripps grew 3cm, not 5, and even that was considered pretty extraordinary. So yeah, 5-10cm ain’t happening.
You say 3cm, it’s reported as 5cm in an interview with/about him. Doesn’t matter who is right, as it’s not a big deal.
Sure it’s unlikely he shoots up. Apologies.

You say 3cm, it’s reported as 5cm in an interview with/about him. Doesn’t matter who is right, as it’s not a big deal.
Sure it’s unlikely he shoots up. Apologies.
Go look at his draft profile. He was listed at 192. He’s currently 195. Prep level maths indicates that he grew 3cm and the report/interview was a load of bollocks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back