List Mgmt. 2021 NAB National AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

So Cox a confirmed signing making it 32 senior listed leaving 6 spots open. Plus Ginnivan Johnson Begg and Noble as Cat A rookies and Keane Wilson and Faye as Cat B rookies

We will take 3 draftees and promote Noble. Or take 4 draftees and keep Noble rookied. And then have 1 or 2 rookie selections including Chugga Chugga

So Cox a confirmed signing making it 32 senior listed leaving 6 spots open. Plus Ginnivan Johnson Begg and Noble as Cat A rookies and Keane Wilson and Faye as Cat B rookies

We will take 3 draftees and promote Noble. Or take 4 draftees and keep Noble rookied. And then have 1 or 2 rookie selections including Chugga Chugga

I don’t think Faye is a rookie

That means they must have a 2 for 1 pick swap lined up prior to the draft - so they only take 6 Picks with points associated into the draft

Faye is outside the list, so not included in the 44 players. Which is what happens when one is on that scholarship. Dont think he needs to be on the list until we feel he is 100% ready for VFL. Will prob play Nab League as an over ager next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will be trading in, trading out, trading up, trading down.
The media probably won’t even understand half of out trades.
The trade meisters !
Let's just hope it's not like last year where they did a heap of trading to confuse everyone and pull a rabbit out of a hat, but unfortunately the rabbit had already died of mixo.

Just read this. Interesting maybe other plans in mind ( obviously)

TBH not the sort player that’s a pressing need anyway.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I thought he was exactly the type we needed. A 3rd small forward after McReery and Ginnivan... or a 3rd small defender after Quaynor, Noble (and perhaps Chugg)

The idea might be to conserve ND picks and subsequently take him in the rookie draft, but he won’t last til then I reckon.

Hope he goes on to show Collingwood what they missed out on

Not surprised at all but not nominating Dib. We’ll get him Cat B IMO.

You have to remember everyone nominated now has to be either matched (if chosen) or taken with the last selection.

Pies most likely have worked out that no other club is bidding, therefore they can take Dib as a free hit NGA Cat B… (if we upgrade Keane) OR they know someone is bidding and they don’t want to just turn him down on the night.

IMO he ends up with us at Cat B, we’re just not wasting a senior list spot for a player we can get for free on the rookie list. Though our list is full, if we upgrade Keane or choose to move him to a Cat A spot it’s feasible. Or we take him Cat A. Either way, not a need and wouldn’t be worried if we didn’t get him.

The news can get confusing but effectively it’s not us saying we don’t want him, it’s us not committing to a senior list spot.

I’d be shocked if he cost us anything more than matching with a fourth rounder. Reckon he will end up being like Josh Daicos who keep in mind at the time had shown more and had higher upside. I think Dib is a good little player and for a free hit is worth a chance, but think of him similar to Atu - clean hands, evasive, good defensive pressure - but clear areas to work on - impact by foot, consistency and to a lesser extent, forward craft. The thing is Atu is most suited at junior level as an inside mid - his strengths lend to that. He won’t play that at AFL level, will play forward. He will project as a pressure forward with scope to roll through the mid in future years, but he’s at best a late selection. I also wouldn’t be completely shocked to see him even be a free pickup in the rookie draft. Depending on who’s on the board late, we probably could just use our last pick on him, but given he is eligible as that NGA prospect, we could very well put him there and use the main list selection on another player.

Doesn't mean they won't draft Dib, they just don't want to be locked into committing to him. Could still take him with their last pick.

You have to remember everyone nominated now has to be either matched (if chosen) or taken with the last selection.

Pies most likely have worked out that no other club is bidding, therefore they can take Dib as a free hit NGA Cat B… (if we upgrade Keane) OR they know someone is bidding and they don’t want to just turn him down on the night.

IMO he ends up with us at Cat B, we’re just not wasting a senior list spot for a player we can get for free on the rookie list. Though our list is full, if we upgrade Keane or choose to move him to a Cat A spot it’s feasible. Or we take him Cat A. Either way, not a need and wouldn’t be worried if we didn’t get him.

The news can get confusing but effectively it’s not us saying we don’t want him, it’s us not committing to a senior list spot.
Says we can't get him Cat B in the article as our list is full.

Can we put him on the Cat A list at some point in the rookie draft?

We’ll wait and see. I hope you’re right.

Imo he’s almost a cert to go in the ND late.

Just so bloody competitive, creative and impactful.

Says we can't get him Cat B in the article as our list is full.

Can we put him on the Cat A list at some point in the rookie draft?
Yeah I realised after I posted and edited accordingly.

The options to get him:

1 Upgrade Mark Keane to senior list (Cat B spot opened - probably not)
2 Delist Mark Keane with the promise of re-selecting him in the Rookie Draft (therefore becoming Cat A - again probably not but you'd do it if say Dib went through the National Draft, and the club was keen to add him in the Cat B moreso than Keane)
3 Select Dib as a Cat A rookie (which is literally just open slather if he makes it to our pick - most likely)

The risk with two is, if someone takes Dib in the National, then we've wasted a Cat B spot and a Cat A spot by removing Keane and selecting him.

In all honesty though, option 3 is the only realistic chance he makes it there. But again, he's not a need, would be a fair way back and for his career he's better off at another club IMO. He's a good little player as I said earlier in the thread, but he's not a game changer or one that clubs will be clambering over to get on their list. He's one if he's there to be taken in the rookie draft, sure.

Keep also in mind if the Daicos bid comes at #3, then we could well have our other 2-3 picks all in the 40s/early 50s, which is higher than where we would rate Dib anyway. That's probably a huge consideration. Factor in we might trade back into the draft earlier, and again adds to that. We can't afford to commit to him, and then suddenly our last pick is say in the 40s and we have to take him.

26. Youseph Dib (Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro)
Collingwood Next Generation Academy

Utility, 174cm, 76kg

An uncompromising player who attacks the man and the ball with ferocity, Dib is a versatile prospect who was used all over the ground this year. The Collingwood Next Generation Academy member’s most impressive form has come as a pressure forward for the Pies’ VFL side, where he twice slotted multiple goals. Dib won 63 per cent of his possessions in a contest at NAB League level for the Chargers and averaged 5.3 tackles per game. Will be a nice addition to the Pies’ young group.

Club does not rate him that High with us not even Nominating him as a Academy Kid

We’ll wait and see. I hope you’re right.

Imo he’s almost a cert to go in the ND late.

Just so bloody competitive, creative and impactful.
He is, he's just one of those players that's not a need for us. As I said from his perspective he's better off at another club. For the romantic aspect, and if he's there in the rookie, happy to pick him up, but the factors I mentioned above (perhaps trading earlier into the draft, having everything done inside the third round, that's why they don't want to commit.

Club does not rate him that High with us not even Nominating him as a Academy Kid
That was the Victorian only rating, but yes I was very surprised he was that high, particularly when a kid called Lachlan Rankin did not make that list and will play a similar role at the top level.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 NAB National AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back