2021 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 1: we can have lots of fun!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They weren’t though, except maybe Jars. Rehn had come off two knee injuries and had only played six games the previous two years. Hart (averaging 13 disposals) and Macca (34 games, averaging 10 disposals), Goodie (debut year) and Johnson (had played two games the year before)were babies.
Thanks, this is exactly the point I was trying to make.

Of course those players are champions now, but in 1997 the day before the GF they were not champion players.

Very good, yes, but not champion players.

Thanks, this is exactly the point I was trying to make.

Of course those players are champions now, but in 1997 the day before the GF they were not champion players.

Very good, yes, but not champion players.

I think the 1997 GF was the start of making them champions. You get the bouquets when you perform well on the big stage - does anyone remember Jarman in the 1991 GF? No, but if say 1997GF and everyone knows.

They weren’t though, except maybe Jars. Rehn had come off two knee injuries and had only played six games the previous two years. Hart (averaging 13 disposals) and Macca (34 games, averaging 10 disposals), Goodie (debut year) and Johnson (had played two games the year before)were babies.
I forgot tony modra..although he didnt play in the 97 gf, no denying he was a superstar

Yeah but COVID is never going away, eradication of it is now impossible and the rest of the world has sort of accepted this. In the UK 57% of the population has already been vaccinated now and Australia is going to be trapped in a sort of 'no mans land' of constant in and out lockdowns, unless they move faster.
But that would require the Federal Govt to be competent. They've been in power for 8 years now, and there has not been one shred of evidence to suggest competence in that entire time. Corruption, yes. Incompetence, yes. Competence? PMSL.

We did a three day lock down in January too. It’s all about contact tracing. Depending on the numbers of cases that show up today and tomorrow, we may yet have this lockdown extended.
I'd be guessing that's a near certainty now sucks for you guys

Mark McGowan has put a hard border in place for all of QLD:
https://thewest.com.au/politics/wa-beefs-up-queensland-border-restrictions-c-2465175

Mutineer - your thoughts, given your response when I said that his COVID decision making wouldn't change as a result of the election:

This was liked by edge of reason, jackster83, Slippery Pete, and Crow till I die

My previous statement:
I doubt the election would have played any part in his COVID decision making, in the past, present, or future.
Was also laughed at by Deaneus! and FR0GGY .

Any apologies likely to be forthcoming?

https://thewest.com.au/politics/wa-beefs-up-queensland-border-restrictions-c-2465175

Mutineer - your thoughts, given your response when I said that his COVID decision making wouldn't change as a result of the election:

This was liked by edge of reason, jackster83, Slippery Pete, and Crow till I die

My previous statement:

There's a federal election coming up, so the political games aren't going away. Plenty of marginal seats in both of those states too.

My previous statement:

I’ve spent far too much time when th politicians to think of them as anything but cynical, but I apologize

My previous statement:

LOL

Just keeping his WA underlings under the thumb, no other reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The alternative would be get a bloody wriggle on with the vaccination program and get over it. I'm based in the UK and life is likely going to be 'normal' by July, as 57% of the population have now been vaccinated. Yes the UK has been a total shitshow, but they now understand we need to move through this with agressive vaccination.

COVID is going to be with us forever, likely now, so unless Australia intends to keep it's hotel quarantine program indefinetly and send cities into and out of lockdown non stop, they really need to get the message out that the virus is not going away.
Yep people need to realise COVID is going to be here for at least a decade.

Even with vaccinations, people will still get it.

It took 50 odd years to eradicate Polio with vaccinations starting in the 60s. This is similar, albeit far more cases globally than Polio.

The initial lockdown was greatly effective in protecting Australia. It was necessary and saved our country.

But these smaller ones are more about contact tracing rather than actual protection. There really needs to be a better way to do this rather than just shutting down the economy.

There will be clusters like this Brisbane across Australia one for the next few years. Has to be a better way.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The initial lockdown was greatly effective in protecting Australia. It was necessary and saved our country.

I dont think people here in Australia fully grasp how fortunate we have been here during this pandemic.

I agree.

But going forward we need to move on.

Or get left behind.
Things will change once the vaccination numbers start to rise, but that's happening very slowly - partly because of a lack of supply, partly because Bozo's mob couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

Most of the front line workers should have been vaccinated by now (though apparently 10% of the staff at that Brisbane hospital still haven't received their shots). Once that happens, the odds of the virus escaping quarantine become much smaller, resulting in less chance of future lockdowns being required.

Things will change once the vaccination numbers start to rise, but that's happening very slowly - partly because of a lack of supply, partly because Bozo's mob couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.
Surely you have been a PS long enough to realise the Party in charge makes little difference in terms of such a logistical project.

Would be the same if the ALP were in charge.

UK are doing it well as the NHS is a world leader in terms of Health Care and logistics.

Surely you have been a PS long enough to realise the Party in charge makes little difference in terms of such a logistical project.

Would be the same if the ALP were in charge.

UK are doing it well as the NHS is a world leader in terms of Health Care and logistics.

Never let the facts get in the way of a cool story you reckon? :thumbsu:

QLD wide border close into SA may happen.

Have the Suns left yet?

I believe the Suns are now in Adelaide. The AFL organised for them to leave early to ensure the game goes ahead.

Given the increase in numbers in QLD though, it is most likely the shutdown will go for more than 3 days. What the AFL do after that is anyones guess. The season is going to get tricky again.

I dont think people here in Australia fully grasp how fortunate we have been here during this pandemic.

In the US we had 63,000 positive cases today and that's considered a good day. One year in, still zero contact tracing and zero travel restrictions. At least 50% of people still refuse to wear masks because they're batshit crazy.

You have no idea how envious people are of Australia.

In the US we had 63,000 positive cases today and that's considered a good day. One year in, still zero contact tracing and zero travel restrictions. At least 50% of people still refuse to wear masks because they're batshit crazy.

You have no idea how envious people are of Australia.
I went to the Red Hot Summer concert on the weekend.

Almost felt normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back