2021 Non-Crows AFL Talk 2: are the VFL corrupt?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlton assistant coach John Barker has reportedly resigned from the club citing personal reasons.

The Age is reporting Barker, in his 11th season at the club and currently serving as the stoppages coach, offered his resignation to football boss Brad Lloyd on Monday.

While Barker wanted to remain with the team until the end of the season, the report details that the club’s preference was for him to leave immediately.

Barker’s resignation comes in the same week the Blues confirmed a wide-ranging external review into the footy department that will “leave no stone unturned”.

And so it begins!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long had Teague been at Carlton now? Seems a bit reactionary.
I think promoting him to senior coach in the first place was reactionary. These coaches who get promoted because of a dead cat bounce never seem to last very long. A similar thing happened with Rhys Shaw.

I think promoting him to senior coach in the first place was reactionary. These coaches who get promoted because of a dead cat bounce never seem to last very long. A similar thing happened with Rhys Shaw.

I rate him as a coach but feel his ceiling is more assistant level. Carlton also failed to support him with quality assistants, Barker has apparently been there for over a decade

Not that I think it will matter too much, but interesting to note that the Saints entry into Qld is conditional on them staying in their hotel from their arrival on Friday until game time...whereas we have no conditions on us moving about Cairns and training on the oval presumably.

I don't think that Teague is the problem, I think the problem is that it's another failed rebuild, but Carlton refuse to acknowledge it.

So rather than blowing their list up and starting again, they will once again blame the coach and pay massive overs to a Clarkson or someone of that ilk expecting that it will just magically fix all the problems overnight.

They did the same thing with Pagan and Malthouse and are now about to do it for a 3rd time.

Or Neil Craig. Seven glorious years.
Craig didn't win the flag, but he did take us to consecutive Preliminary Finals. We may well have won a flag in 2005 or 2006, were it not for the West Coke Eagles flying "high", and a few unfortunate injuries.

Yes, he overstayed his welcome, and was completely inflexible when things started to go pear shaped in the latter years - but he doesn't deserve half the crap which gets directed his way on the Adelaide Board.

Craig didn't win the flag, but he did take us to consecutive Preliminary Finals. We may well have won a flag in 2005 or 2006, were it not for the West Coke Eagles flying "high", and a few unfortunate injuries.

Yes, he overstayed his welcome, and was completely inflexible when things started to go pear shaped in the latter years - but he doesn't deserve half the crap which gets directed his way on the Adelaide Board.

That's one opinion.

Teague gets sacked during the bye. Carlton get new coach. Play Crows in our first after our bye. Play ballistic footy for the new coach. We get smashed by the dead cat bounce.😢

I sees it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back