2021 Non-Crows AFL Talk 2: are the VFL corrupt?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't think of the workplace angle. I'm going to assume the AFL hasn't put any special rules in place since lockdown, so they weren't breaking the state law or AFL covid rules. Whereas we would have done both.
I doubt that, I suggest we only broke state law.
Very much doubt the AFL would double up with covid rules Like that.
So I guess we’ve been fined for bringing the game into disrepute.
Does the AFL fine players for being over the limit or speeding?

I doubt that, I suggest we only broke state law.
Very much doubt the AFL would double up with covid rules Like that.
So I guess we’ve been fined for bringing the game into disrepute.
Does the AFL fine players for being over the limit or speeding?

I would expect the AFL's bubble rules would include a blanket requirement to wear a mask at all times when in public. It's a simple sentence and covers every scenario that would find a player in public when bubble rules are in force.

I would expect the AFL's bubble rules would include a blanket requirement to wear a mask at all times when in public. It's a simple sentence and covers every scenario that would find a player in public when bubble rules are in force.
Why? They don’t have to wear them in public though?
Planes aren’t a bubble?
Flying to Sydney the only time they’d have to wear it was plane and airport and we weren’t in a bubble.

He was always very good at the other stuff.
Yeah it's not surprising. Pyke has a great footy brain but has the personality of a lobster. Getting him to be the quiet man in the background handling the strategic side of things while the senior coach deals with the business of motivating the men is a dynamic that is working well for them.

the latest rule change in regards to “handballs” is a complete and utter farce and some of the players are taking full advantage of it. I reacon C Oliver is one of the best players running around at the moment but fu** me some of his “handball” attempts are just simply taking the piss.

I think the smart players know exactly where the umpires are positioned and know they are blinded by players to see the throw. It's just another frustration of the below standard umpiring.

Surprised no one is referring to it as the 'Crow throw' like they used to.

Yeah it's not surprising. Pyke has a great footy brain but has the personality of a lobster. Getting him to be the quiet man in the background handling the strategic side of things while the senior coach deals with the business of motivating the men is a dynamic that is working well for them.
Unfortunately for us, Pyke's right hand man while here was Scott Camporeale :huh:

Why? They don’t have to wear them in public though?
Planes aren’t a bubble?
Flying to Sydney the only time they’d have to wear it was plane and airport and we weren’t in a bubble.
You do have to wear masks in public if you're from Vic.
Thought I read/heard that one of the stipulations for Vic teams playing interstate was that they had to observe Victorian covid rules. That's why we saw Bucks wearing the mask in the coaches box and Nicks not having to.

You do have to wear masks in public if you're from Vic.
Thought I read/heard that one of the stipulations for Vic teams playing interstate was that they had to observe Victorian covid rules. That's why we saw Bucks wearing the mask in the coaches box and Nicks not having to.
Yes but we aren’t a Vic team.
We were fined not anyone else.

Unfortunately for us, Pyke's right hand man while here was Scott Camporeale :huh:
Yep. The setup was completely wrong. It probably would have worked better if Pyke had the head of strategy role and Campo was flushed out of the system altogether and replaced with a new coach who wasn't toxic. Given how the review turned out, I think it's fair to assume Campo had burned a few too many bridges.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. The setup was completely wrong. It probably would have worked better if Pyke had the head of strategy role and Campo was flushed out of the system altogether and replaced with a new coach who wasn't toxic. Given how the review turned out, I think it's fair to assume Campo had burned a few too many bridges.
A number of players rated his footy knowledge, but his communication skills amongst the group left a lot to be desired.

And yet, in Melbourne I have not heard boo about this yet - in fact the first I heard of this was reading this thread 5mins ago! I have been on the HS fb page (reading covid news) I have the radio on whilst WFH and have read/seen/heard zero about this!!

I am not sure what special conditions there are for AFL players over here at the moment.

But it seems strange that we are under the restrictions we are, community sports has been cancelled and we are only allowed outside for exercise for 2 hours per day yet AFL players are allowed to be out training (with several other teams at once).....yet again apparently if you are a construction worker you are immune and can carry on your work as normal whilst tradies working in private residencies are banned (unless its an emergency)...

Carlton assistant coach John Barker has reportedly resigned from the club citing personal reasons.

The Age is reporting Barker, in his 11th season at the club and currently serving as the stoppages coach, offered his resignation to football boss Brad Lloyd on Monday.

While Barker wanted to remain with the team until the end of the season, the report details that the club’s preference was for him to leave immediately.

Barker’s resignation comes in the same week the Blues confirmed a wide-ranging external review into the footy department that will “leave no stone unturned”.

We can give them shit (and they deserve plenty) but the Blues are already doing a better job of their review than Adelaide. They are getting rid of their deadwood mid-season which gives them time to find replacements for next year. At Adelaide, they had to be dragged kicking and screaming into a review and ended up doing it late in the year which gave the club no opportunity to find suitable replacements. This meant we had a whole season carrying SANFL grade coaches which just drained our players of confidence and set our rebuild back.

We can give them sh*t (and they deserve plenty) but the Blues are already doing a better job of their review than Adelaide. They are getting rid of their deadwood mid-season which gives them time to find replacements for next year. At Adelaide, they had to be dragged kicking and screaming into a review and ended up doing it late in the year which gave the club no opportunity to find suitable replacements. This meant we had a whole season carrying SANFL grade coaches which just drained our players of confidence and set our rebuild back.
Yeah but that was our first review ;) theses are a biannual thing at the blues.

We can give them sh*t (and they deserve plenty) but the Blues are already doing a better job of their review than Adelaide. They are getting rid of their deadwood mid-season which gives them time to find replacements for next year. At Adelaide, they had to be dragged kicking and screaming into a review and ended up doing it late in the year which gave the club no opportunity to find suitable replacements. This meant we had a whole season carrying SANFL grade coaches which just drained our players of confidence and set our rebuild back.

List management and recruiting is the area that we seem to have overlooked. That's a big part of why we have only won 7 of our last 30 games.

List management and recruiting is the area that we seem to have overlooked. That's a big part of why we have only won 7 of our last 30 games.
Also how the **** is Ricciuto still there? Dude needs to **** off to his media gig and leave the running of the club to competent people.

Carlton assistant coach John Barker has reportedly resigned from the club citing personal reasons.

The Age is reporting Barker, in his 11th season at the club and currently serving as the stoppages coach, offered his resignation to football boss Brad Lloyd on Monday.

While Barker wanted to remain with the team until the end of the season, the report details that the club’s preference was for him to leave immediately.

Barker’s resignation comes in the same week the Blues confirmed a wide-ranging external review into the footy department that will “leave no stone unturned”.

Blues fans think Barker is the Camporeale of Carlton's coaching panel

The Blues fan I work with has been complaining about Barker all year. Can't say I disagree with him. Their midfield sucks ass.
Godden to Carlton as midfield coach!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back