Prediction 2021 Pass Mark For Each Team

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that’s very ambitious you’re a top 8 team but a long way of Richmond that’s foreshore
I think we're a bit better than just top 8 remembering we were flag favourites towards the end of the year and every commentator had us as a bona fide chance for the flag.

We were hammered by soft tissue injuries to our midfield during the period where we played our block of the condensed games and from that we never recovered. That's not an excuse, it's fact.

I do agree though that Richmond we've been extremely hard to beat if we were full strength. They were more than worthy champions and deserve the success that they are achieving.

However, to say we're just top 8 is just untrue.

As I said in earlier posts, if you have a squad that's competitive enough to win (we won the flag 2 seasons prior to last year) you have to make the most of your opportunities as they don't last forever.

Some people set a very low mark for their teams and are happy with mediocracy. However, the successful teams set high goals to strive to and the Eagles fall into this category.

I remember when everyone on Bigfooty laughed at the Tigers when they set their high goals back when Gale and co came on board.

If you set average goals then you're happy with average results.

I think we're a bit better than just top 8 remembering we were flag favourites towards the end of the year and every commentator had us as a bona fide chance for the flag.

We were hammered by soft tissue injuries to our midfield during the period where we played our block of the condensed games and from that we never recovered. That's not an excuse, it's fact.

I do agree though that Richmond we've been extremely hard to beat if we were full strength. They were more than worthy champions and deserve the success that they are achieving.

However, to say we're just top 8 is just untrue.

As I said in earlier posts, if you have a squad that's competitive enough to win (we won the flag 2 seasons prior to last year) you have to make the most of your opportunities as they don't last forever.

Some people set a very low mark for their teams and are happy with mediocracy. However, the successful teams set high goals to strive to and the Eagles fall into this category.

I remember when everyone on Bigfooty laughed at the Tigers when they set their high goals back when Gale and co came on board.

If you set average goals then you're happy with average results.

I’d have WCE 3-6 ... definitely a genuine contender

Completely agree. The only reason I say Geelong must win the flag this year for a pass mark, is because they've thrown so much draft and future capital at it, and their core is getting so old, that it's a boom or bust situation.

That's not a criticism cats fans, it's worth the shot given you've been close. 1 flag is worth 10 years of future pain, given that's still ahead of the average in an 18 team comp.
Agree on Geelong.

In terms of pressure on meeting expectations, Carlton would carry a bit. They really should be making finals next year

Sorry bud, what supporters of other clubs think is a pass mark for us is just a set up so if we don't win the GF people can crow about it.

The expectation at Geelong is to play finals every year, so in theory that is the pass mark - but I adjusted it a bit higher since we made the GF last year.
Agree this year to me is just another year we should expect to be playing finals & give the flag a shake......Take out one year that’s been us for 15 years now, this season is no different.....My hope is of course that we win the flag!....But if we don’t this year, the same goal remains next year, make finals again & give yourself another chance.

Not at all, I trust your judgement. 3 & 6

Just to clarify, I meant positions 3 - 6 on the ladder ... not 3 - 6 wins

Richmond have finished 3rd at the end of the H & A season in each of our recent Premiership years

as a tiges supporter,finals is a pass,cant stay on top forever
anything less than a GF spot would be failure on Geelong's part...have sold the farm,so its go time
Western Bulldogs & WCE wouldnt want to miss finals,especially the Dogs,we'd be sitting pretty for Dunkley if they do :D
Brisvegas top 4
Port the same.top 4,Robbie and Boaks last shot
Saints would be dissappointed if they didnt make finals
Does anybody seriously think Melbourne & Carlton are playing finals ??? Miracles happen i guess
Collingwood ? who really cares,they cant win it,they dont have any goalkickers,if they make finals it;d be a good effort
man what a train wreck 4 months theyre having:poo:
the rest of them would be happy to win anywhere btwn 6-9 games

Interested to discuss what supporters think that the pass mark for each team would be for the coming season. Going off their 2020 ladder position, here are my minimum expectations;

Port – flag
Brisbane – flag
Richmond – flag
Geelong – flag
West Coast – flag
Saints – top 4. Was going to say grand final but a rise of a couple of places will be a good effort
Bulldogs – top 4. Same thoughts as the Saints
Collingwood – finals. Chance to drop out so to stay in the finals after their post-season would be a fair effort
Melbourne – finals
GWS – not to drop back any further than they are now. A freefall would be terrible but it's on the cards after losing some decent players
Carlton – finals
Fremantle – finals
Essendon – not worse than 14th. Expecting them to fall so if they can stay out of the bottom 4 then a good result for me
Gold Coast – up four places and into the top 10. Needs to keep improving with the talent they have
Hawthorn – any rise on last year
Swans – any rise on last year
Kangaroos – not last
Adelaide – not last

Many of those are best case targets - e.g. it won't be a failure if any of those top 5 fail to win the flag

Team - aspiration, pass
Richmond – flag, GF
Geelong – flag, GF
Port – flag, top4
Brisbane – flag, top4
West Coast – GF, finals
Bulldogs – GF, finals
Saints – top 4, finals
Collingwood – top 6, finals
Melbourne – top 6, finals
GWS – finals, top10
Carlton – finals, top 10
Fremantle – finals, top 10
Gold Coast – top 10, top 14
Essendon – top 12, top 16
Swans – top 12, top 16
Hawthorn – top 12, top 16
Adelaide – top 14, 17th
Kangaroos – top 14, 17th

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm expecting Crows will finish bottom 4 and I'm not concerned with that, I just want to see some of our youngsters have a breakout season as well as a game plan that is headed in the right direction.

anything less than a GF spot would be failure on Geelong's part...have sold the farm,so its go time
Western Bulldogs & WCE wouldnt want to miss finals,especially the Dogs,we'd be sitting pretty for Dunkley if they do :D
Brisvegas top 4
Does anybody seriously think Melbourne & Carlton are playing finals ??? Miracles happen i guess
Collingwood ? who really cares,they cant win it,they dont have any goalkickers,if they make finals it;d be a good effort
Brisvegas top 4
In accordance with tradition and custom: lumpinee, you (*insert numerous expletives here*) Tigers supporter!! Sadly, I have to concur with your assessment of the Blues. Based on 2020, I don't believe they were "just a good player or three off" finals and nor do I believe the draft has changed that for 2021. If they can continue to improve, regularly be competitive and jump a few positions on the ladder, that would be a win/pass in my eyes. P.s Damn you and reality.

In accordance with tradition and custom: lumpinee, you (*insert numerous expletives here*) Tigers supporter!! Sadly, I have to concur with your assessment of the Blues. Based on 2020, I don't believe they were "just a good player or three off" finals and nor do I believe the draft has changed that for 2021. If they can continue to improve, regularly be competitive and jump a few positions on the ladder, that would be a win/pass in my eyes. P.s Damn you and reality.
If Cripps returns to his best, McKay continues to develop and Williams consistently reproduces the sort of footy he showed he can play in the midfield in short stints at GWS then that would take you a long way towards finals.

Doesn't help losing De Koning tho.

Premiership!

To have been on top of the ladder from Round 1 to Round 18 and walk away from it empty-handed is incredibly disappointing. That was as good a chance as ever for us to win a flag, and our last real chance at winning one came in 2014 so it took 6 whole years to get back up there. 2015-2019 taught me that your next chance to win a premiership might not come around again for a while.

That said, it's going to be a really tough competition this year. We'll have Richmond and Geelong to contend with, then there's Brisbane, St Kilda etc. and even West Coast will probably have another one of their good years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2021 Pass Mark For Each Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back