Training 2021 - Preseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is Trew already our best player?
Until he plays a game, doesn’t have 30 possessions and kick 5 goals and joins the delist crew

If he does actually do that then yes, he is our best player

Training notes , Mark Duffield

Kelly and Shuey spent a chunk of the session away from the main group and instead ran laps . Shuey however took part in a quarter of match simulation and Kelly took part in goal kicking practice , Kelly looks fitter and trimmer than this time last year .
Nelson ran strongly on the way back from a hamstring injury , Bailey Williams also ran laps before joining the main group for goal kicking practice . Jeremy McGovern and S Hurn looking fit.
Zane Trew slid down the order , but is worth keeping an eye on . Came gliding out of the middle three times during match simulation and delivered lazer-like passes to forwards , has plenty of skill after a bit of a nothing year in Colts last year .

Adlibbing not all M Duffield !!
I'm not surprised Trew is turning heads this preseason, but what is surprising is the laser like kicks to forwards. I'm not saying he's a crap kick, but I thought that was a reason he may have slid. His hands are amazing though, wouldn't be surprised to read he released other mids in traffic with amazing vision and clever hands.
Kicking wise he tends to pop his kicks a bit higher, giving opposition an opportunity to cut off or spoil. Most of the times I've seen him play he's done this, but I must admit in the Aus vs NZ game his kicking was very sharp.

I'm loving reading this though, as maybe he's worked on it and sounds like he's determined to make the most of his opportunity. I think he'll play this year at some stage.

Is it possible that they dont want to advertise what they are working on in regards to game plan and positioning? Just a theory as we are quite a reserved club.
Yeah wouldn't want word to get out about Hurn long down the right boundary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it possible that they dont want to advertise what they are working on in regards to game plan and positioning? Just a theory as we are quite a reserved club.

Hoping this is it.

Feel its time for Simo to change things up with the game plan. Hopefully we speed things up getting the ball into our forward line and take advantage of the new standing the mark rule.

Find it quite amusing some on here who feel Simo doesn't change enough.

Last year wasn't the year to change game plans due to reduced number of games and training restrictions. Unable to train in big groups etc.

So what will change in 2021 people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back