Review 2021 R1, Port beats North

Remove this Banner Ad

In 2003 we went into September without our first ruck division - Primus, Francou and James.

People say we choked, but we can't win a flag without Lycett, Boak and Wines in September.
I know the reasons. We obviously had some bad luck too.

But that squad as a whole unfortunately under achieved. Given we had Brisbanes measure. No one talks about us, they talk about Lions as the greatest ever.

This Tigers team is ageing. We have shown we can match and beat them too. It's about time we are remembered too.

Enjoy watching forward entries that aren’t just bombed on Dixon’s head continually. The balance up forward is fantastic with multiple options.

It’s going to be hard to defend us and the back 6 and defensive setup looks solid.

Strap in, big year ahead.
We bombed it too often in the first quarter and a bit, but then cleaned up a lot of our I50 entries.

I50 we took 2 marks in the first quarter, then 4, 4, and 7 for 17 marks from 60 I50's. Will have to see what we scored from that as 2 or 3 were marks I50 and then a pass and another mark.

I know the reasons. We obviously had some bad luck too.

But that squad as a whole unfortunately under achieved. Given we had Brisbanes measure. No one talks about us, they talk about Lions as the greatest ever.

This Tigers team is ageing. We have shown we can match and beat them too. It's about time we are remembered too.
If Brisbane went into 2003 without Keating, Voss and Black in September, they wouldn't be talked of in the same way.

I’ll happily take the 2004 edition, some of our all time greatest players

Rozee, Butters, Georgiadis and Marshall are all pretty much in the starting out phase of their AFL journey in comparison to all those seasoned, hardened players on that 2004 team. These discussions are just ridiculous. All i will say is, i'd much rather have the age profile of the dynamic forward line we have now. The possibilities with this bunch are sky high. But that's me.

If Brisbane went into 2003 without Keating, Voss and Black in September, they wouldn't be talked of in the same way.
Absolutely.

But it should hurt us that they are heralded as the greatest ever and we finished on top every year and no one outside this board really cares.

I've always had it in my mind that despite how good Butters has become and how good Duursma can be, Rozee has been injured and still probably the best of the 3.

I've always had it in my mind that despite how good Butters has become and how good Duursma can be, Rozee has been injured and still probably the best of the 3.

Wash your mouth out with Butters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So there really are no rules for bringing on the emergency sub?

Then 5 minutes later Curtis Taylor goes off with concussion after Houston put his knee thru the back of Taylor's head in a pack marking contest. Karma.

The rules stink and he's being honest. This is another of those times where the rules need to change.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
What about the rules stinks? And even if it does, it doesn't mean you can break them with impunity. They should get the book thrown at them.

What about the rules stinks? And even if it does, it doesn't mean you can break them with impunity. They should get the book thrown at them.

They did nothing wrong as the rule is written, that’s the thing. All you need is a doctors note to say he has an injury and they can come off.

If Corr was unable to play next week if he got subbed there is no way he goes off. They left it open to be rorted and it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2021 R1, Port beats North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back