Teams 2021 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Who are you selecting in your starting Team - Vote Yes to Multiple Players, Votes can be changed

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Im really struggling to get my head around why alot of teams have players like

Caldwell -$348,600
Butters - $471,400
Phillips - $402,600

Compared to Dustin Martin $541,600 or Duckley $560,600 who are keeper for so little difference in price
Dusty can be got for $450k or under like he was the last two seasons

Im really struggling to get my head around why alot of teams have players like

Caldwell -$348,600
Butters - $471,400
Phillips - $402,600

Compared to Dustin Martin $541,600 or Duckley $560,600 who are keeper for so little difference in price
A pure guns and rookie since with guys like Dusty and Dunkley will have less keepers than a side with more mid-pricers who have keeper potential. If people think the rookie options are crap, they're more likely to take more mid-pricers.

Of the 3 blokes mentioned:
Butters only needs to improve his average slightly to be a fine starter
Phillips has averaged 90 in the past, for $400k with mid/fwd DPP, that's fine
Caldwell is just a breakout contender, those starting him are hoping that his new role at a new club can give a big boost to his average

End of the day we have a salary cap and we need to look for value, whether that's in premiums, rookies or midpricers is up to the coach

fwiw I have a pure GnR side that has both Dunks and Dusty with none of the players mentioned, but I totally get the appeal

I see most teams don't have a donut for captain loophole. I don't either right now, but I'm starting to have second thoughts. We need to remember how important the captains loophole is. But I hate having it on a different line to the ruck, because it can cause issues with the bench, especially now that teams aren't confirmed early, you could cop a donut (if you're playing emergency plays first, he's locked out without the E on him, then if one of your starting 6 don't play, you'll eat a donut).

I'm still on the fence.

Thoughts?

edit: another thought. Maybe if your early VC goes bang, grab a donut for loophole like Treacy, who might actually make some money eventually? Ensure your playing F7 plays late in the round, ideally after your on field 6, so you can move him on field if required, to absolute ensure you don't cop a donut and you
First up, COYG. Let's go

Secondly, you seen Maximus' first month?

Meek
Hunter
Flynn
Stanley/Blicavs/Esava (whatever they run)

No loophole needed my friend, perma C locked and loaded

First up, COYG. Let's go

Secondly, you seen Maximus' first month?

Meek
Hunter
Flynn
Stanley/Blicavs/Esava (whatever they run)

No loophole needed my friend, perma C locked and loaded
COYG! 😍

Yeah on paper it looks great, 4 round average of 160 might be on the cards. The concern is he might get injured early. But I just looked and Dees play late-ish for the first few rounds, so I would VC somebody else then C Gawn, so it's the same same

30/30 green dots and Gawn C it is 🤑

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My spuds what changes to make.

LDU to Tom Green.
Butts to young ?.

Screenshot_20210316-152332_Chrome.jpg

Suggestions
Keeping changes to a minimum. I expect McNeil to be be more likely to play than Waterman, although both could well miss, and I think Impey is a much better pick than Dow at around that price. So ...

Dow>McNeil
Waterman>Impey

But having said that, you know what they say about opinions so go with your gut.

I see most teams don't have a donut for captain loophole. I don't either right now, but I'm starting to have second thoughts. We need to remember how important the captains loophole is. But I hate having it on a different line to the ruck, because it can cause issues with the bench, especially now that teams aren't confirmed early, you could cop a donut (if you're playing emergency plays first, he's locked out without the E on him, then if one of your starting 6 don't play, you'll eat a donut).

I'm still on the fence.

Thoughts?

edit: another thought. Maybe if your early VC goes bang, grab a donut for loophole like Treacy, who might actually make some money eventually? Ensure your playing F7 plays late in the round, ideally after your on field 6, so you can move him on field if required, to absolute ensure you don't cop a donut and you
I am running with Fyfe at D8 as my loophole

Dusty can be got for $450k or under like he was the last two seasons
Dusty will not be $450k this year

Dusty has had the best pre season he has ever had and is a very very determined player this year
2021 is the fittest i have ever seen Dusty since his time at Richmond and is running more than ever and just going by the practice game against collingwood he managed 70 points in 64 mins.

thats 1 player im confident at $540k he will be in my side until the end

Hey everyone, havent given SC a go in around 5-years and here is where the team sits. Of course the gaping whole is in the Mids with Gresh as my M4 and rookies filling up the rest. Really think Gresh will have a good year and would be fun to have in the side but feel he may need to make way.

Also have a few rookies like Briggs, Jordan, GC Fyfe & Treacy who could be 0's but early that should be that bad. GC Fyfe is kinda only there to get Laird into the mids if I need him. Any tips will help :) $109k in the bank after downgrading Butts from ADE into Briggs

1615877439050.png

Hey everyone, havent given SC a go in around 5-years and here is where the team sits. Of course the gaping whole is in the Mids with Gresh as my M4 and rookies filling up the rest. Really think Gresh will have a good year and would be fun to have in the side but feel he may need to make way.

Also have a few rookies like Briggs, Jordan, GC Fyfe & Treacy who could be 0's but early that should be that bad. GC Fyfe is kinda only there to get Laird into the mids if I need him. Any tips will help :) $109k in the bank after downgrading Butts from ADE into Briggs

View attachment 1078345
Get your PC screen fixed.

View attachment 1078345
Hey mate, welcome to the fun/pain.

I think you need to aim for 29/30 playing players at least. 29/30 playing, with a perma donut for captain loophole. Or just take 30/30, slap the C on big Max Gawn, hope he doesn't get injured, and focus on making $$$.

Missing out on rookie scores early is bad, as cash generation is key. Taking all of Briggs, Fyfe and Treacy could really hurt you, especially if the never play and other rookie selections fail (dropped or injured). Downie is another who may not even play.

Aside from that, team looks OK. There's a few POD's I'm not keen on, but just back your gut. You have a lot of the must-haves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back