Teams 2021 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Who are you selecting in your starting Team - Vote Yes to Multiple Players, Votes can be changed

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
View attachment 1077823

Reckon this is my final side, or very close to it. Just unsure on two things:

- Laird
- Rookie selections

Any advice on the two above? I have about 25k in the bank.
IMHO for the money Heeney costs, use that plus to get that 5th Premo Mid, who's likely to outscore Heeney .....you've already got a loop going FWD /MID with Campbell

What's so appealing about Tom Philips or Imprey in the Forward. Just wondering as Philips has 26% ownership atm.
Job security and back to his preferred role for Phillips. Also showed he is capable of rotations in the centre. Has a huge tank so can spend higher t.o.g. than many. 130 SC points. Possibility to be a F6 keeper.

Impey has a BE of 39. could easily average 70. You could save 40k on Cox or 90k on Harrison Jones who scored about 40 in their AAMI match. Impey is back to defence and defenders have a higher floor than rookie forwards.

Job security and back to his preferred role for Phillips. Also showed he is capable of rotations in the centre. Has a huge tank so can spend higher t.o.g. than many. 130 SC points. Possibility to be a F6 keeper.

Impey has a BE of 39. could easily average 70. You could save 40k on Cox or 90k on Harrison Jones who scored about 40 in their AAMI match. Impey is back to defence and defenders have a higher floor than rookie forwards.

Exactly why he’s in my team.

Great job security, so can sit at F6 for as long as i need.

An easy trade to a premo if he arses a couple of scores over 90 in a row.

I'm not sold on Laird. Reckon there are better options
For sure, was more to swing him into defence eventually.

IMHO for the money Heeney costs, use that plus to get that 5th Premo Mid, who's likely to outscore Heeney .....you've already got a loop going FWD /MID with Campbell
Swinging Campbell down forward and Heeney out, I’d only have ~$480k... wouldn’t be enough for another premo.

Appreciate the feedback!

For sure, was more to swing him into defence eventually.
Cerra, Taranto, Worpel, Sloane, Parish, ......or try scrounge $20K for Rowell

You can always find the $$$ ......just spin the magnets

I'm not sold on Laird. Reckon there are better options
Me too! Cripps, Tim Kelly or Rowell are cheaper and likely to score more. Despite his late surge last year Laird isn't a good midfielder. In fact if he was in the back line taking kick-ins he would probably score better, despite being a poor one on one defender.

Also with Laird you may be locked in to keeping him in the mids and he is not a top 10 mid. What if Whitfield, Ridley or X present compelling cases to be in your final team? You already have 4 keepers.

Me too! Cripps, Tim Kelly or Rowell are cheaper and likely to score more. Despite his late surge last year Laird isn't a good midfielder. In fact if he was in the back line taking kick-ins he would probably score better, despite being a poor one on one defender.

Also with Laird you may be locked in to keeping him in the mids and he is not a top 10 mid. What if Whitfield, Ridley or X present compelling cases to be in your final team? You already have 4 keepers.

I'm taking the opposite approach. I'm not 100% sure on Short but I still want to start him as part of a HBF quartet, so I'm starting Laird in the mids and if Shorty doesn't perform, I'll flip him for a mid premo and move Laird back.

Sorry who have you been watching? Dude was an absolute jet in the mids last year

Obviously, welcome to the SC forum

I work in IT and I work from home, SC 24/7 baby
I miss my old IT days when I could update my supercoach team regularly. Now I teach IT and have **** all time to even scratch my arse.
My mate who is still in IT wins our comp every year funnily enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would be a better F3 out of Phillips or Zorko.
Phillips will give me the money to bring in Dangerfield instead of Dunkley, Flynn as a R3 and maybe put money towards another player too
I would rather start Dunkley over Danger. Dunkley is at a value price and there is potential to get Danger cheaper.

Getting fairly close with this line-up I think.

Have at it!
cef15db49b73f0a41b23ac89b77f6d5d.jpg

794DC85A-2BC5-45EC-A744-485B2F3AE404.jpeg E4953F7B-F68D-4264-84DF-50EBBB42E757.jpeg

I have settled on this (for the night). Would love to get Young back in at the expense of Cox but I can’t find the funds. One or two more solid rookies and we may scrape out alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back