24. James Frawley - Link
25. Dean Kent - Link
38. Oscar Clavarino - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link
42. Max Heath - Link
45. Sam Alabakis - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Look I like trades, it's done us well but I am worried that trading in any mids that aren't straight up A grade is just going to hinder us in the long run. Once you pay up big dollars for a player in the trade you're almost obligated to back them in. You don't get the luxury of benching them or delisting them or trading them on if they don't turn out. Brad Hill and Crouch are a good example. They've turned out well for us but there were periods of time that they were out of form and we just had to play them cause that's who we've invested in. I'd love to essentially only draft youth into the midfield this year and be forced to develop and play them, maybe one of the three steps up in their first year the way none of ours have in a few years. But if we bring in a shiny new B grade midfielder we'll be caught up in seeing them play and now our draftees are behind the new guy, Bytel, Byrnes, Hanners, Clark. At least with draftees there's no shame or harm in dropping them if they're not working out.

the players the club has traded in the last two off seasons have all been great, the exception being Brad Hill who has been inconsistent and Dan butler in the second year. Ryder, Jones, Howard, Higgins and crouch have all been exceptional recruits, easily best 22 material.
Finding Wilkie, Sharman and Highmore the way have as well - someone deserves a lot of credit for these selections. Good players - seem like good people as well.

the problem I see atm with the whole list management process is that the guys we’ve gotten early in the draft haven’t come on after showing great promise early.

Jack Billings - Probably twice in his career has had genuine elite purple patches of form but it hasn’t been sustained. He hasn’t gone to the next level.

Lonie - first season was phenomenal,

Gresham -I thought Gresh was going to be an absolute star after a season and a half at the saints, but just didn’t get to the level I thought he would and now lately dogged by injury. Was still a good player though.

Hunter Clarke - again, nice player but hasn’t reached levelsI’d hoped this season after I was very impressed with him early.

Coffield - very good last year, not sure about him now.

Maybe Rowan Marshall also but he’s not trekking too far under my expectations.

maybe I just get too optimistic

I’m hoping Ben king bucks this trend and Sharman looks the goods.

The saints have a good list and Steele is a genuine star but need one of these younger guys to go on and become a Petracca Bontempelli type impact player to get to the next level.

I reckon Dunstall is usually very complimentary towards the Saints. He's just about the best special comments man going around in my book.

Yeah Dunstall's a gem. It doesn't bother me even when he isn't complimentary, because he's usually correct. Maybe he didn't want to coach, but he'd be an awesome manager.

So is battle staying and being tried down back, now we know that it was planned to occur but he got injuried?
Or does he want a trade?

AwyJmM3.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think Collingwood will be interesting this trade period, as they need a fairly large pick upgrades to get Daicos.

Would a DeGoey type be back on the table for our first rounder?

GCS have pick 3 is that worth upgrading our pick 9 with a player..Battle perhaps?

GCS also have picks 19 and 22?? can we swap something for that like Battle again?

If Battle cannot be developed as a CHB he is probably behind Sharman sadly. Unless opp teams put work into Sharman and he struggles next year.

I would like to keep Battle but if the right deal comes knocking you have to give to get.

Also Battle seems like the sort of guy that does not want to be second fiddle to anyone and may as a result ask to leave for better opportunities.

GCS is one place as is Collingwood.

No inside knowledge just throwing it out there

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

the players the club has traded in the last two off seasons have all been great, the exception being Brad Hill who has been inconsistent and Dan butler in the second year. Ryder, Jones, Howard, Higgins and crouch have all been exceptional recruits, easily best 22 material.
Finding Wilkie, Sharman and Highmore the way have as well - someone deserves a lot of credit for these selections. Good players - seem like good people as well.

the problem I see atm with the whole list management process is that the guys we’ve gotten early in the draft haven’t come on after showing great promise early.

Jack Billings - Probably twice in his career has had genuine elite purple patches of form but it hasn’t been sustained. He hasn’t gone to the next level.

Lonie - first season was phenomenal,

Gresham -I thought Gresh was going to be an absolute star after a season and a half at the saints, but just didn’t get to the level I thought he would and now lately dogged by injury. Was still a good player though.

Hunter Clarke - again, nice player but hasn’t reached levelsI’d hoped this season after I was very impressed with him early.

Coffield - very good last year, not sure about him now.

Maybe Rowan Marshall also but he’s not trekking too far under my expectations.

maybe I just get too optimistic

I’m hoping Ben king bucks this trend and Sharman looks the goods.

The saints have a good list and Steele is a genuine star but need one of these younger guys to go on and become a Petracca Bontempelli type impact player to get to the next level.
With the main strength of the draft being dynamic midfielders and us having two good prospects that we’ll get free hits at you’d think this is the make or break draft where the list managers prove themselves. Timed perfectly with us choking the season a bit this is where we need to do the drafting that sets us up for the next 5 years

I'm back on to wanting to hold Coff again. He's back on a really solid trajectory. We probably at some point have to call him or Highmore but you'd probably want a bigger sample size to make sure that you kept the best of them. Coffield has a higher ceiling but behind at the moment.
Our backline is our strength atm. We’ve still got to consider putting Paton, Highmore and possibly Clark from our last line up back in.
in fact I’m not sure we need another KPD if we persist with out intercept rebound game. Seems like it’s what’s working for us while our midfield is getting smash from centre clearances

I'm back on to wanting to hold Coff again. He's back on a really solid trajectory. We probably at some point have to call him or Highmore but you'd probably want a bigger sample size to make sure that you kept the best of them. Coffield has a higher ceiling but behind at the moment.
No way. I reckon Coff and highmore will work awesome in a tandem. Intercepting everything. 👌🏿

Can someone explain why tf we didn’t get Karl Amon when he was on the outer and was interested in coming to the Saints?

Sam Edmund
@Sammy__Edmund
·
3m
Adam Cerra's only path out of Fremantle is to Carlton. No other club who raised an initial interest has the draft and money to cut a deal. Cerra today told Freo he wants out. Blues have indicated a desire to give up at least 1st round pick, but have yet to speak to Cerra directly

A few clubs would have the ability to get him , but really is he worth getting for the price Bell wants.
How many players must the Bluescum have over 700k a year?

Cripps 800k
Williams 800k
Saad 700k
McKay 800k
Walsh 700k
McGovern 800k
Martin 700k
and now Cerra ......?

Then there is Charlie Curnow, Weitering

Its a Brown Paper Bag frenzy

Ex GWS Academy & Canberra Demons player up until they folded at the end of 2020 Alex Paech.
Have no idea what he did in 2021, but because of covid & like a lot of other players, I dare say not a lot.
Thoughts of a rookie spot?

Built like the proverbial brick $hit house (24yo?) 197cm & 109kg if he comes on, could be that solid KPD needed.

STRENGTHS: Kicking, versatility, leadership
IMPROVEMENTS: Agility, endurance

Watching his 2016 highlights, his agility wasn’t to bad.

How many players must the Bluescum have over 700k a year?

Cripps 800k
Williams 800k
Saad 700k
McKay 800k
Walsh 700k
McGovern 800k
Martin 700k
and now Cerra ......?

Then there is Charlie Curnow, Weitering

Its a Brown Paper Bag frenzy
Would love to actually see a full breakdown of there salary cap. I reckon there has to be something fishy going on.

10,000 posts.

Part 2 is here;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back