List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish this shithole of a year would end. I've been to one game and not keen to go to another. It's hard enough to get through them on TV.

On the plus side I see you now have electricity on your remote hillbilly haven

bGIePj0.jpeg

Or maybe it’s because we lack those type of midfielders…
Or maybe, and this is a novel idea, it’s both.

Ross trying to cover for a lack of creative and skillful mids by over handballing and holding play up to get those ball users back into the play. That would be a gameplan thing wouldn’t it?

It’s both.

Ask Max if he’s rather it coming in ****ed but quick or ****ed but slow.

Ross trying to cover for a lack of creative and skillful mids by over handballing and holding play up to get those ball users back into the play. That would be a gameplan thing wouldn’t it?

It’s both.

over Handballing? We had 80 more kicks then handballing.

We didn’t really slow the game down did we.

By all metrics we played well… bar the money kicks.. which again, running theme. Terrible.

Honestly, if you were a premium mid would you want in? We are as appealing as syphilitic crone with Tourettes
We played finals last season

5 wins and 5 losses under 2 goals.

I don’t think it’s burn it too the ground stuff.

If we had won 3 of those games. Say Hawthorn Essendon and the giants.

We would be in the 8 tonight.

We played finals last season

5 wins and 5 losses under 2 goals.

I don’t think it’s burn it too the ground stuff.

If we had won 3 of those games. Say Hawthorn Essendon and the giants.

We would be in the 8 tonight.

If your grandmother had wheels she’d be a bike. What’s your point?

over Handballing? We had 80 more kicks then handballing.

We didn’t really slow the game down did we.

By all metrics we played well… bar the money kicks.. which again, running theme. Terrible.
I’d wager 30 of them were ****ing idiotic panic handballs between the centre circle and the 50m line but we’re better off agreeing to disagree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Hayes might be offered multiple years by other clubs to tempt him to leave. Can't see us offering more than one, especially if we can get a usable pick for him.

Hopefully Adelaide shit the bed and send us something worthwhile.

I think Gringo’s point is that we can make Battle an offer big enough to convince him to stay. But we’re choosing not too in order to chase a midfielder at the draft, and keep our cap in a manageable space.

If we do lose Battle and replace him with a draftee, then the money we used to pay him has to go to somebody. We’re suddenly in danger of doing that thing where we front end contracts and pay overs to players that ended up really not being as good as their wage suggests. Players like Billings and Dunstan.

I try to look at Battle through the same lens as Gresham. Would we have been better off to just give Gresham the money that he wanted? It would mean that we miss out on Collard. But we retain a proven player in the right age demographic.

Gresham has been solid for the Bombers, and is part of the reason why they are improved.

Of course, Battle could still leave because his heart is no longer in the Saints slog.

The smart thing is to give the money to older players like Seb and Crouch on one year contracts.
That way you don't get the big issue when you want to cut back, like we did with Billings.
I'd bet that Geary did very well in his last few years.

I wish this shithole of a year would end. I've been to one game and not keen to go to another. It's hard enough to get through them on TV.

If you take a deep breath and a step back what are the missteps that you think our football department have made with specific regards to list management since Lyon returned to the club.

I’m genuinely interested in what you think are the actual mistakes.

We’ll draft Jagga, priperly creative and elusive mid and turn him into Luke Dunstan the way we ****ing play.

We haven’t done that with Nas.

It’s both.

And let it come back the other way just as quickly cos we would kick it over his head of to short or **** it up some other way, we just don’t have the talent

Straight swap for Max Holmes
that is exactly my concern right there,last year we would have scoffed at that deal,this year it looks pretty good,end of 2025 we could only wish,end of 2026 we knock back a 2rdp,brodie or forini type,because,well he is Max and though its fair the embaressment and disappointment is too much,end of 2027-SUNS BAULK AT GIVING UP A 2RDF FOR MAX KING,SAINTS BEGRUDGINGLY TAKE A FUTURE 2RDP,MEDIA PUNDITS CALL IT A WIN WIN WIN,new club confident Max will be playing firsts by gather round at the latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back