List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree.

Problem is there's no perfect solution. I don't get to be a fly on the wall, nor do I get a say. And it doesn't mean I like it. It just is what it is.

We've been saying that for 15 years. We can't let shit operators keep their jobs. Gubby and Sos should be on the block if they can't do their job to a sufficient standard.

The nature of decision making. Make the call, back it until we're sure it either will or won't work. Then try again. There are no guarantees.

There are no guarantees but if you can’t make good decisions you should lose your job.

Turn them over until you find someone that's great. Nothing wrong with SOS so far, let's see how things pan out.

We can turn over all we like but you have to identify and develop. We have jumped from plan to plan for 15 years and are no closer than we were when we started. That's a major issue. They let Trout and others have decades to get it wrong with zero KPIs. Churning isn't a plan.

We've been saying that for 15 years. We can't let shit operators keep their jobs. Gubby and Sos should be on the block if they can't do their job to a sufficient standard.

Come on we have a state of the art recruiting system, based on hiring one of the blokes you spend time with in the pub.

Watching us right now if we lose Josh battle we are absolutely cooked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you’re saying Battle is (possibly) rushing out the door because he was changed around position-wise for a year or so?

Nothing to do with bigger bucks (no judgement here)?

That’s a very long bow to draw.

I think Gringo’s point is that we can make Battle an offer big enough to convince him to stay. But we’re choosing not too in order to chase a midfielder at the draft, and keep our cap in a manageable space.

If we do lose Battle and replace him with a draftee, then the money we used to pay him has to go to somebody. We’re suddenly in danger of doing that thing where we front end contracts and pay overs to players that ended up really not being as good as their wage suggests. Players like Billings and Dunstan.

I try to look at Battle through the same lens as Gresham. Would we have been better off to just give Gresham the money that he wanted? It would mean that we miss out on Collard. But we retain a proven player in the right age demographic.

Gresham has been solid for the Bombers, and is part of the reason why they are improved.

Of course, Battle could still leave because his heart is no longer in the Saints slog.

Still have another 10 games 😂

Enjoy them. Few and far between in down years.

I wish this shithole of a year would end. I've been to one game and not keen to go to another. It's hard enough to get through them on TV.

I wish this shithole of a year would end. I've been to one game and not keen to go to another. It's hard enough to get through them on TV.
Won’t get better until there is genuinely good mids who win clean ball and can use the ball clean.

We’ll draft Jagga, priperly creative and elusive mid and turn him into Luke Dunstan the way we ****ing play.
I understand you’re not happy.

Interesting. Sinclair and Nas both have gotten better and they are attacking HBFs.

So clearly it isn’t true that we would turn attacking players into dour types

I understand you’re not happy.

Interesting. Sinclair and Nas both have gotten better and they are attacking HBFs.

So clearly it isn’t true that we would turn attacking players into dour types
That’s cause we only attack off half back. Get the ball to the middle and we look for nothing handballs and refuse to take the game on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back