25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
I woudnt expect bing to finish top 5 in the b and f but to say he isn't even the 10th best player for the year is a crock.

He literally won them games off his own boot.

Max will finish between 6th and 10th for us.

On DUB-LX2 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Max's first half to the year was pretty average but if you take him out we probably lose by even more in those games. We literally did not have another player who could fill his role until Sharman.

Bazzo looks good, just can't see anyone getting us a second.
Exactly , they would have to trade out a player which we can't afford to do.
We can't pick up the players we need with what we have - Dunstan should of got us something but by the sounds we will get nothing for him which I can't understand.

Max's first half to the year was pretty average but if you take him out we probably lose by even more in those games. We literally did not have another player who could fill his role until Sharman.
Max will finish top 10 imo, mostly because of the injuries to paddy, Marshall , Jones Gresham ect.

His 2nd half of the year was fantastic.

On DUB-LX2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jarrod Brander anyone ?
We spoke to him last year and tried to deal with Wce
Not sure if he has re -signed .

If Windhager goes pick 30 it will cost us most of Picks 46 & 54.
Assume we will then trade a future 2nd or 3rd to get the points for Owens unless we get something for Ross/Dunstan/Lonie/Kent.

Couple of people have mentioned Beilby and Peris will be late picks if not rookies

Any NGA player bid after pick 40 requires 0 points to be matched. The player is matched with the next available pick, and all clubs can keep picking until all of their list spots are filled. After pick 40 any NGA kid is ours for the taking.

All we need is a late second or a third and we’ll easily match any bids. There is a 197 point discount matching a bid for an NGA kid between picks 21 and 40. That’s about 9-10 picks in the draft order.

We can go into deficit for the corresponding round of the draft next year if necessary. If we do then it will be no big deal. Maybe a position or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tomlinson was their FB because they realized he was no good as a rebounder/winger or anything else that involved actually finding the ball and using it well.

IMO the best defenses are usually slightly taller. Wilkie as a key defender as good as he is won’t get it done for mine.
Just like Rampe isn’t any good either?

He was named in the All Australian side as a halfback because there are so many young mids the slot them where they can fit them , but he is fast , tall and agile and I feel they have to use him to his strength's and through the midfield would be ideal , but once again so many players are fighting for a run in there.
He can break through tackles and is good through traffic , it would give us a fast guy in the midfield who can kick and mark.

Anyway the coaches are developing him and know whats best.
I'd love to see him on the wing. Richo tried developing him in the midfield start of 2019 I think. Maybe too early but seemed to sap some confidence out of him

I'd love to see him on the wing. Richo tried developing him in the midfield start of 2019 I think. Maybe too early but seemed to sap some confidence out of him
Yeah being a kid he just wouldn't of had the strength but now he should be battle hardened and hopefully they give him a go.
He could well be useless but for his size , marking ability and speed there is no reason he could become a Pendlebery type.

Yeah, early in the year when we were wondering if he was the better player than Max he was converting at an insane rate while Max was missing his shots. He's a very high impact for possessions player still. I think had 180 touches for the year and kicked 47 goals and 25 behinds. That's better than one in four touches being a goal.

What we saw in the last lot of games from Max was an ability to absolutely rip contested marks out of packs and change the dynamic of the game. Ben is more a lead at the ball and an efficient mark and kick type. Makes it look too easy to get the accolades.
Agree with this.
Max was top 5 contested marks in the comp.
Ben was number 50. That's a big difference in the way they play (or maybe the way we play).
If Ben came to the Saints he would be our CHF and Max our FF.
Would be a tough forward line to beat

On Pixel 3 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back