25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
Most probably, his record is very very good over a period of time. He has played a lot of hard yards and more chance of breaking down at the saints at say the age of 30,31 which is exactly what we dont want.

Certainly is a risk. What obviously needs to be weighed up is if he will improve our midfield and hence the team in any meaningful way. 3 years with triggers would be the least risk for a 29 y.o

We offered Billings more, geez their SC must be tight. One thing to remember, there has not been one word from anybody here about a whisper that the Saints have approached him in anyway.
Well if it hasn't been mentioned on here there is no way he is coming to us

So there are no other clubs that would offer him a contract?

Would he come to a side that missed the finals for a fairly basic contract?
Long term guaranteed V 2 year contract.

We have the money.

His mate plays for us.

And he knows that the Saints, unlike Essendon, Carlton and Hawthorn, WILL be playing finals next year.

WE dont have to get a gun midfielder at great cost. There are other players OOC ready to move, their names have all been mentioned on here. yes, be great to get a Cerra or Parker but if we dont then we ride the wind and hope that Clark/Bytel/Coffield and others pick up the slack. The latter method probably wont suit a lot of people but if those guys dont make it then our recruiting has failed. McClure was on the money when he mentioned small players doing the job, not necesarily mids either but types like Higgins, Gresham, Butler. Sydney has better mids than us and still didnt win, same with Essendon

Most probably, his record is very very good over a period of time. He has played a lot of hard yards and more chance of breaking down at the saints at say the age of 30,31 which is exactly what we dont want.

If we swapped him for 28 year old Ross how would you feel?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have the money.

His mate plays for us.

And he knows that the Saints, unlike Essendon, Carlton and Hawthorn, WILL be playing finals next year.
How much money do we actually have? Right now. To recruit Parker on a 3+1 or 4 y deal?

WE dont have to get a gun midfielder at great cost. There are other players OOC ready to move, their names have all been mentioned on here. yes, be great to get a Cerra or Parker but if we dont then we ride the wind and hope that Clark/Bytel/Coffield and others pick up the slack. The latter method probably wont suit a lot of people but if those guys dont make it then our recruiting has failed. McClure was on the money when he mentioned small players doing the job, not necesarily mids either but types like Higgins, Gresham, Butler. Sydney has better mids than us and still didnt win, same with Essendon

Coffield might make it as a mid one day, but don't hold your breath, right now he's lucky to get a game.

Carlton sack Teague because they want an experienced, hard nosed, defensive minded coach. They then proceed to stuff around their dream candidate until he withdraws.
People hang sh*t on the people running our club but fu** me Carlton are a comedy show.
Also made me laugh when sayers adds Liddle to the coach selection panel and then wouldn't guarantee his job beyond 2021. Take away the days of cheating and the brown paper bag, and they have been an embarrassment.

Coffield might make it as a mid one day, but don't hold your breath, right now he's lucky to get a game.
Thats ok too but if he does turn into a consistent good marking backman then I would class that as a win/win for all concerned. It is a position we dont have to worry about for 5 years. If he does not get into the midfield...fine

Premo convinced him
Not me - Hannerbery and Jones , still think he wants to stay at Swans , big move back to Melbourne - selling up in Sydney then buying a new house in Melb , finding schools for the kids and who knows his missus most probably has a job up there.

- Also I wouldn't have a clue if he has a missus and kids.

After the Hannerbery saga I would offer him 3 yrs with a trigger / he is a solid player , makes the squad stronger and we don't need to use a trade to get him

Also made me laugh when sayers adds Liddle to the coach selection panel and then wouldn't guarantee his job beyond 2021. Take away the days of cheating and the brown paper bag, and they have been an embarrassment.
Lyon could see the writing on the wall. Sayers going outside the committee to talk to him, the harrasment issue, trouble with Lloyd at Freo, Board issues. What a mess. Now they will have to rush into a new coach because if not it will affect their recruiting. Voss would be good IMO

We have the money.

His mate plays for us.

Firstly, what makes you think the only other clubs willing to offer him 600k would be those 3?

I'd be pretty confident there'd be sides closer to a flag that could find the space to offer him that contract which IMO is pretty basic.

Secondly, not sure he knows we'd be playing finals next year. We've made finals once in 10 years, we are hardly a club you'd put your house on to play finals.

Also, I think people are kidding themselves if they actually think Sydney's final offer will be 2 x 500k, in fact they've already said those figures are wrong

He's reportedly asking for 4 x 700k to leave a club has played his whole career at. He is not going to leave for significantly less than that just to play with a couple of old team mates.

Last edited:
Lyon could see the writing on the wall. Sayers going outside the committee to talk to him, the harrasment issue, trouble with Lloyd at Freo, Board issues. What a mess. Now they will have to rush into a new coach because if not it will affect their recruiting. Voss would be good IMO
I think the other scott will get the gig at Carlton

Firstly, what makes you think the only other clubs willing to offer him 600k would be those 3?

I'd be pretty confident there'd be sides closer to a flag that could find the space to offer him that contract which IMO is pretty basic.

Secondly, not sure he knows we'd be playing finals next year. We've made finals once in 10 years, we are hardly a club you'd put your house on to play finals.

Also, I think people are kidding themselves if they actually think Sydney's final offer will be 2 x 500k, in fact they've already said those figures are wrong

He's reportedly asking for 4 x 700k to leave a club has played his whole career at. He is not going to leave for significantly less than that just to play with a couple of old team mates.
[/QUOTE]
Sounds all pretty correct. IMO His management team were fishing and probably even spread the 2 year rumour. None the less if Swans do pay him that type of money then they will still have to offload some players. Wont be as good as him but still could be ok at a good price.

How much money do we actually have? Right now. To recruit Parker on a 3+1 or 4 y deal?

Surely Dunstan was on reasonable cash. That would go towards it.
Geary may have taken a pay cut. Billings will if he stays. Probably Ross will, if he stays.
If you rear ended his contract just a little bit, we'd have the Hannebery money next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back