25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lyon could see the writing on the wall. Sayers going outside the committee to talk to him, the harrasment issue, trouble with Lloyd at Freo, Board issues. What a mess. Now they will have to rush into a new coach because if not it will affect their recruiting. Voss would be good IMO
Agree. Also believe Ross wouldn't work with Liddle and potentially conflicted with Lloyd. Also think there was little point in him going through a process as his record is is what it is.
I reckon Sayers offered the job, guaranteed to clear the decks and didn't have the authority to do it. Makes for an interesting AGM.
Surely a player or two must be thinking of escaping.

Surely Dunstan was on reasonable cash. That would go towards it.
Geary may have taken a pay cut. Billings will if he stays. Probably Ross will, if he stays.
If you rear ended his contract just a little bit, we'd have the Hannebery money next year.
Ok,

If Parker falls over

Attachments

• mids.PNG
    mids.PNG
    134.8 KB · Views: 242
Agree. Also believe Ross wouldn't work with Liddle and potentially conflicted with Lloyd. Also think there was little point in him going through a process as his record is is what it is.
I reckon Sayers offered the job, guaranteed to clear the decks and didn't have the authority to do it. Makes for an interesting AGM.
Not only escaping but going there. But I think their top 6/7 are on very good dough and would be hesitant

Patty Cripps might be looking at his contract for a cooling off period. That or his body is stuffed so the Blues guaranteed $$ was too good to turn down.

He could be taking Cerra's spot at Freo and gunning for finals next year with a really good young list.

Now he's gonna break himself in half trying to carry Carlton to avoid the bottom 4-6.

Heaven help that club if McKay's shoulder pops early next season!!

Ok,

If Parker falls over
Hit the draft, back the kids we've taken in the draft over the last 3 or 4 years.

In the last few years we've brought in Hannebery, Jones and Crouch with mixed results. There needs to be a time where we need to blood players in there that can become elite mids before we go anywhere IMO.

Luke Sayers good mates with Daniel Andrews. Neither are sticklers for proper process it would seem.

Hit the draft, back the kids we've taken in the draft over the last 3 or 4 years.

In the last few years we've brought in Hannebery, Jones and Crouch with mixed results. There needs to be a time where we need to blood players in there that can become elite mids before we go anywhere IMO.

I agree.
I'd like us to get Parker, but that doesn't mean if we can't get him we should get someone else we don't really want instead. Thats how we ended up with Hannebery.

Not me - Hannerbery and Jones , still think he wants to stay at Swans , big move back to Melbourne - selling up in Sydney then buying a new house in Melb , finding schools for the kids and who knows his missus most probably has a job up there.

- Also I wouldn't have a clue if he has a missus and kids.

After the Hannerbery saga I would offer him 3 yrs with a trigger / he is a solid player , makes the squad stronger and we don't need to use a trade to get him
Touche!! Yeah he does have a couple of mates at the Saints. Personally leaning on a no myself, but obviously our coaches and list managers are in the best position to make that decision.

Question marks for me would be our salary cap in the next few years and how far along in development and ceiling our coaches think we have in the midfield for Bytel and Clark and to a lesser extent Byrnes. Realistically with Parker in and even if Ross is out these guys would only be getting very minimal midfield time next year with Parker in the side. It would likely be something like Steele, Parker and Crouch spending around 60- 70% time in the midfield with Gresh and Jones rotating through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well if it hasn't been mentioned on here there is no way he is coming to us

wSgfrUg.gif

Ok,

If Parker falls over
Dumont on that list looked a good footy player before this season. Injury seemed to ruin him in 21. Plenty of other good players that's happened to also like Dunkley, McGrath, Berry, Cogniglio... Without having watched many North games this year it's hard to judge but based on the glimpses I've seen before he'd be good and very cheap to get in.

Touche!! Yeah he does have a couple of mates at the Saints. Personally leaning on a no myself, but obviously our coaches and list managers are in the best position to make that decision.

Question marks for me would be our salary cap in the next few years and how far along in development and ceiling our coaches think we have in the midfield for Bytel and Clark and to a lesser extent Byrnes. Realistically with Parker in and even if Ross is out these guys would only be getting very minimal midfield time next year with Parker in the side. It would likely be something like Steele, Parker and Crouch spending around 60- 70% time in the midfield with Gresh and Jones rotating through.

The way i see it , my best 22 has an extended bench of:
Sinclair , Ross, Hannerbury, Clarke, Bytel, Byrnes , McKenzie.

If we didn't have/select Ross, and Hannerbury plays his normal role. Both Bytel and Byrnes play.
Parker and Gresham can both rotate through the midfield/forward line. ( I'd pick Gresham, Higgins , Butler as our 3 small forward ).

Dumont on that list looked a good footy player before this season. Injury seemed to ruin him in 21. Plenty of other good players that's happened to also like Dunkley, McGrath, Berry, Cogniglio... Without having watched many North games this year it's hard to judge but based on the glimpses I've seen before he'd be good and very cheap to get in.
It is a fairly basic list but shows you what is out there. A couple of them maybe ok...maybe not. THis fascination with mids gets me. Why dont they put up a list of Backmen, Forwards, rucks?

Carlton sack Teague because they want an experienced, hard nosed, defensive minded coach. They then proceed to stuff around their dream candidate until he withdraws.
People hang sh*t on the people running our club but fu** me Carlton are a comedy show.

I heard that they had pretty much promised him the job then a whole lot of various interests threatened a spill and they shat themselves and decided on a "process". I think Lyon just started to realise he'd climbed into a snake pit of idiots and scrambled back out. Carlton coaching gigs look good from a distance but they have so many stupid people with a lot of clout that it's never a good place to land.

WE dont have to get a gun midfielder at great cost. There are other players OOC ready to move, their names have all been mentioned on here. yes, be great to get a Cerra or Parker but if we dont then we ride the wind and hope that Clark/Bytel/Coffield and others pick up the slack. The latter method probably wont suit a lot of people but if those guys dont make it then our recruiting has failed. McClure was on the money when he mentioned small players doing the job, not necesarily mids either but types like Higgins, Gresham, Butler. Sydney has better mids than us and still didnt win, same with Essendon

We could pick up Dom Tyson for nothing. Would be free back up. He was okay in 2017 but behind Melbourne's very strong midfielders. Hardly played since getting to North as the started rebuilding with a new coach who wanted to play the kids. He might still have something to give, he's played 5 games since turning 25. Pretty much a Mason Wood type of back up or delist if he doesn't improve type of free hit.

I heard that they had pretty much promised him the job then a whole lot of various interests threatened a spill and they shat themselves and decided on a "process". I think Lyon just started to realise he'd climbed into a snake pit of idiots and scrambled back out. Carlton coaching gigs look good from a distance but they have so many stupid people with a lot of clout that it's never a good place to land.

BINGO!

The way i see it , my best 22 has an extended bench of:
Sinclair , Ross, Hannerbury, Clarke, Bytel, Byrnes , McKenzie.

If we didn't have/select Ross, and Hannerbury plays his normal role. Both Bytel and Byrnes play.
Parker and Gresham can both rotate through the midfield/forward line. ( I'd pick Gresham, Higgins , Butler as our 3 small forward ).
huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back