25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting Parker as a UFA, Flynn as a moneyball (future picks would likely have to be involved) whilst keeping our first round and 2 NGAs would have me very satisfied for the trade/draft period.

Essentially a new battalion of mids. The veteran in Parker, the prospect ruck in Flynn, the young stud (our first rounder), and the inside/outside prospect class (Windhager and Owens). All fitting in around our current group. Idk what the logistics are but I like the sound of that for a ‘quiet’ off-season.

$500k for 2 years I think I saw. No wonder his manager is looking around.

sydney should be looked into for wage theft if they get that deal done.

that just insane unders for a player of his calibre

So if Battle is staying, Billings is staying, and we get Parker, that would mean any Ross compensation would be nullified. So, then, how do we get the picks for our NGA kids and any other acquisitions, like a Flynn type?

Can anyone think of other players that we can expend but also hold some kind of value?

So if Battle is staying, Billings is staying, and we get Parker, that would mean any Ross compensation would be nullified. So, then, how do we get the picks for our NGA kids and any other acquisitions, like a Flynn type?

Can anyone think of other players that we can expend but also hold some kind of value?

Long

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

can we eat into next year's picks for our NGA kids?

Just go into deficit next year. I doubt Windhager goes Top 30, might get a look in at 25 worst case scenario. Just wear it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon we could get a third for Sharman

I have NFI what you're trying to say. It sounds like you're suggesting that if we grossly over pay some average players then it will hinder getting Parker yes?
Correct- Talking about Billings, I made that clear. The other player is Ross.

Best case scenario,
Trade battle for pick 20
Let Ross and dunstan walk as fa
Get Parker as a fa that wipes Ross fa compo
Try accumulate some points for the academy kids, not sure how Lonie, long etc
Draft 2 best available mids with pick 11 and 20 odd
Pick 11- Tyler sonsie
Pick 20- Sam butler
Windhager and Owens

gives these 4 young mids a year to develop, then throw whatever we have at king at the end of next year.

2023 premiership team
B: Paton Howard highmore
Hb: coffield Wilkie Sinclair
C: hill crouch billings
Hf: membrey b.king Higgins
F:Sharman m.king Gresham
Foll:Marshall Steele Parker
Int: Webster Jones Clark sonsie
Sub: Byrnes

Emer: windhager bytel butler butler McKenzie Owens Allison Heath Connolly
Good looking team but too tall.
It's either membrey or Sharman out for Butler

On Pixel 3 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've slowly warmed to the idea of Parker.
He's been a durable type, and could be like the DalSanto trade to North.

If Sydney have only offered him $500K for 2, I'd be happy to do $600K for 3 with a trigger for a 4th.
But if we look like getting decent compensation for any of our guys, we'd need to leave him alone i guess.

He wants a 4 year deal at $700,000 pa. I suspect he won’t budge on that.

Would love to see all of:
Ross
Long
Battle
Lonie
Dunstan
Be moved on for either Picks, or to upgrade our current picks.

At the right price, all are expandable.

My two cents- all should go at the right price

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree, but wouldn't love to see Battle gone. But do see him as our best value at trade.

Long still contracted so would have to agree to leave. Reckon he'd be happy to go back to the Dogs.

You’re missing the point free agents aren’t cheap and we have a salary cap, take a look at who moved where and for what.

Just for the record Cameron was traded to Geelong picks 13, 15, 20 with two future seconds going back. Geelong reportedly offered five years at $950,000 considerably more than GWS.
I don’t think players go to clubs just for money. If that was the case Dylan Shiel would be a saint.

point is two kings means we stay relevant for 10 years and in that time, good players will come and go and want to play for us. Not just in the next 2 years

Who’s going with Luke?

ZFZyxlU.gif
Luke might also stay on a very modest wage for 1 year…GC only offering a rookie spot..

I don’t think players go to clubs just for money. If that was the case Dylan Shiel would be a saint.

point is two kings means we stay relevant for 10 years and in that time, good players will come and go and want to play for us. Not just in the next 2 years

So as long as it's real estate not classed as salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back