25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:

We wouldn't have Winx.

He'll make us forget those first two names.

Well I keep telling myself that...

The footy gods have a seriously malicious streak, why did all the good picks have to go straight after ours. At least guys like Fyfe were nowhere near where we picked. I do feel a lot more secure with Libba than Trout though. He hasn't had much access to top picks so far and I'm hoping he isn't just a king of the bin and can spot talent anywhere.

Can we just do a deal for Mathieson, I miss having a bit of mongrel at the club. May help with the fade outs we had this year, Who do we have that can start some sh%t and get us fired up again.

Mathieson is possibly the dumbest footballer going around. The only Sh1t he'd do is give away stupid free kicks & hand the opponent cheap goals.

If you got frustrated with Longy giving away frees, Mathieson would turn you into a ball of rage.

Wasn't that hilarious? Freo getting their arses handed to them by a banged up Saints outfit and Johnson singing their praises over us saying things like, 'they have Cerra to come back into their team'

The toss is still so bitter of the Saints whacking his Bulldogs. Get over it man, your club has won a flag, and ours still hasn't, let it go.
I understand some people are genuinely high on Freo.

but I look at their list and think - how the **** is that rated higher then our list.

Brad Johnson’s tears are amazing. w***er.

Is that you Brad Johnson?

NDqBXpZ.gif

We could jump up but we are relying on players stepping up. If we progress we have to get more out of Gresham, Hunter Clark, Coff, King etc. The older guys have reached their peak and guys like Ryder will be on the way down. We really need the kids to move up to the level Clark, Coff and Paton are at and then that next tier to step up to solid consistent footballers.

Injuries are a reality, we have to be able to wear them. I get the feeling the club is not even planning on going anywhere until they get hold of Ben King, they have taken their eyes off the prize and are all in on going in that direction. One thing the Saints don't do is move quickly. We'll be very young and have limited experienced depth next year. If we make finals heaps will have gone right and not much wrong.

Fair enough, however depends on what you call older. We all thought DMAC and Dunstan weren't even AFL players at the beginning of the year and both played better than anyone could imagine. Players like Billings fully fit could do the same, however you are right, Gres needs tocome back fit from the injury, same with Clark, Coff shows his ability in fits and starts, I think King will power on next year.

Then we have the likes of Crouch and Higgins, settled in after a season, more experience for Byrnes, Connelly, Bytel and Sharman. Even blokes like Wilkie and Highmore can get better, Willkie into his prime and third season of AFL, Highmore into his second after a very promising and unexpected first season.

When you say the club isn't planning anything big this period, I think you are right, but doesn't mena we will do nothing. We need to replace delistings and retirements with depth players, and probably look at a defender, another GOP mid (if we don't go all out for a Cerra or Parker) and then use our FRDP on the best available and later picks for the academy kids.

Ben King accutely aware of what the Saints have to offer, and not just money. The lure of playing with his identical twin for the team he supported all his life and the romance of them being the basis of the Saints next premiership and possible dynasty is something I am sure has been probably mentioned once or twice :). Certainly on here anyway :D.

I don't see this drafting or trading period as a stellar 2019 type raid, but one to get some raw youth, get some backup experience, a good kid in the draft, and some handy first 22 players.

if all goes right, we could make the finals even top four. But we would be a top four like the 2008 Saints. There but a year off doing real damage. Or we could get a huge run of form and fluke a flag like the Bulldaogs, but theat would be unlikely.

I understand some people are genuinely high on Freo.

but I look at their list and think - how the fu** is that rated higher then our list.

Brad Johnson’s tears are amazing. w***er.

They have had a lot of access to the top end of drafts so they get hyped for that. Losing Cerra will make that a lot less of a selling point though. Serong looks a future star and they have been really unlucky with injury especially to the tall stocks. I think Darcy is a future star, Brayshaw and Young should be stars etc.
There is no guarantees that all will stay or reach their peak but you can see why people are seduced. We look like a bunch of ring ins and late picks with low profiles. King gets hyped like their kids but we haven't really got many of them. Clark and Coff types will be 23 next year and that new car smell has come off them and they are seen as GOPs by the larger footy community.
I think our list is underrated but apart from King and Steele we lack some top end and don't have a lot of obvious ones coming up.

They have had a lot of access to the top end of drafts so they get hyped for that. Losing Cerra will make that a lot less of a selling point though. Serong looks a future star and they have been really unlucky with injury especially to the tall stocks. I think Darcy is a future star, Brayshaw and Young should be stars etc.
There is no guarantees that all will stay or reach their peak but you can see why people are seduced. We look like a bunch of ring ins and late picks with low profiles. King gets hyped like their kids but we haven't really got many of them. Clark and Coff types will be 23 next year and that new car smell has come off them and they are seen as GOPs by the larger footy community.
I think our list is underrated but apart from King and Steele we lack some top end and don't have a lot of obvious ones coming up.
Serong wont be in WA for too much longer...

Fair enough, however depends on what you call older. We all thought DMAC and Dunstan weren't even AFL players at the beginning of the year and both played better than anyone could imagine. Players like Billings fully fit could do the same, however you are right, Gres needs tocome back fit from the injury, same with Clark, Coff shows his ability in fits and starts, I think King will power on next year.

Then we have the likes of Crouch and Higgins, settled in after a season, more experience for Byrnes, Connelly, Bytel and Sharman. Even blokes like Wilkie and Highmore can get better, Willkie into his prime and third season of AFL, Highmore into his second after a very promising and unexpected first season.

When you say the club isn't planning anything big this period, I think you are right, but doesn't mena we will do nothing. We need to replace delistings and retirements with depth players, and probably look at a defender, another GOP mid (if we don't go all out for a Cerra or Parker) and then use our FRDP on the best available and later picks for the academy kids.

Ben King accutely aware of what the Saints have to offer, and not just money. The lure of playing with his identical twin for the team he supported all his life and the romance of them being the basis of the Saints next premiership and possible dynasty is something I am sure has been probably mentioned once or twice :). Certainly on here anyway :D.

I don't see this drafting or trading period as a stellar 2019 type raid, but one to get some raw youth, get some backup experience, a good kid in the draft, and some handy first 22 players.

if all goes right, we could make the finals even top four. But we would be a top four like the 2008 Saints. There but a year off doing real damage. Or we could get a huge run of form and fluke a flag like the Bulldaogs, but theat would be unlikely.

I agree, we could definitely make finals and even top 4, there isn't a dominant team at the moment and it would be a good period to get to the top but just about everything would have to go right for that to happen and that rarely happens (unless you are the Dogs in 2016).

Melbourne look the type that could become the dominant team of the era but they are far from convincing based on their history and the teams just off them look a bit up and down. The Dogs, Lions, Port etc. You'd thing it's 2021 or bust for the Cats.

Serong wont be in WA for too much longer...

Is his brother in this draft? On brothers it would have been handy to grab Butlers little brother if we had a second rounder, he's meant to be the better of the two and can play a bit more of an on ball game as well as forward. Or Papley little brother as well. Isn't he from down your way too?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You shut your mouth and apologise to the forum for disrespecting the GOAT Sharman. You should get a perma ban for that you rotten campaigner :mad::mad:

Is his brother in this draft? On brothers it would have been handy to grab Butlers little brother if we had a second rounder, he's meant to be the better of the two and can play a bit more of an on ball game as well as forward. Or Papley little brother as well. Isn't he from down your way too?
Not sure on Serong the younger mate, but Paps is a local.

Carlton sack Teague because they want an experienced, hard nosed, defensive minded coach. They then proceed to stuff around their dream candidate until he withdraws.
People hang sh*t on the people running our club but fu** me Carlton are a comedy show.

For those old enough to remember Joff Ellen, the original and real Joffa Boy from 60s Melbourne TV, he was a comedy legend and probably foresaw the laughs which would flow from his team decades later 🤡

9vmvgTD.jpg

You shut your mouth and apologise to the forum for disrespecting the GOAT Sharman. You should get a perma ban for that you rotten campaigner :mad::mad:

I'm still wondering why your's hasn't come after offering him up for a third rounder. Even joking that's outrageous behaviour. I'm not into capital punishment but some times the guillotine would be justified.

For those old enough to remember Joff Ellen, the original and real Joffa Boy from 60s Melbourne TV, he was a comedy legend and probably foresaw the laughs which would flow from his team decades later 🤡

9vmvgTD.jpg

And his mate Harry Highpants.

I just love how you know what he is thinking , i think that's what is in your head and before you go nuts at me remember when people say so and so was coming to us and they dont then they come out with sometimes things change .
Maybe Ben is more than happy where he is ,,, Who knows ?

I'm still wondering why your's hasn't come after offering him up for a third rounder. Even joking that's outrageous behaviour. I'm not into capital punishment but some times the guillotine would be justified.

But that was high irony, yours was malicious and hatefilled and was one of the wost ommisions I have ever seen on a football forum, anytime in the history of the world.

9vmvgTD.jpg
Never saw them on the show, but every year when we watched the Moomba parade on TV, my mum would be "There's Joffa Boy" , "There's Zig and Zag ".

I just love how you know what he is thinking , i think that's what is in your head and before you go nuts at me remember when people say so and so was coming to us and they dont then they come out with sometimes things change .
Maybe Ben is more than happy where he is ,,, Who knows ?

What I did I say I know what he is thinking, I said he is acutley aware? Doesn't mean he has indicated he wants to do anything.The only thing I know and pretty much certain is that he will honour his final year and not be at the Saints in 2022, would be amazed if that happened.

If you read my post I said it has been mentioned (or maybe not) to Ben about playing with his brother at the Saints. He might think feck that, after two years away from him, I don't want anything to do with the kent and want to be at the head of the GC juggernaut for the next ten years.

Really it does help not to make stuff up, if you want to critisise, critisise on what has been posted.

I feel like you need one of these. I mean we are so bad that we gave the league a quarter of a season headstart and had an injury list the length of a Centrelink queue in Frankston and we still just missed the 8 with arguably the toughest draw.

we legit could just draft kids this off-season and I’ll still be insanely confident of playing finals next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back