25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder then if they will look at a Lipinski or Hewitt?
Your guess is as good as mine , I feel they need someone to trade to get anything done so they would be waiting on to see if any of the free agents leave to give us some currency.
They say Narkle going to the Tigers so you can say a lot of these players already know where they are heading even Billings staying is not a done deal until he signs because he could be promised a contract better than we can offer but it all comes down if they get the room to fit him into the cap space and are waiting on player movement to see if it happens.

As reported by The Herald Sun, Briggs has impressed rival clubs across his three matches in orange and charcoal this year following his debut in Round 9.

Briggs has been a formidable inclusion for Leon Cameron's side in 2021, but has again found himself toward the back of the pecking order - having not been selected since Round 15.

KIEREN BRIGGS
Defender
GWS
2021 SEASON AVG
Hitouts
Marks
Disposals

The 21-year-old is placed behind fellow 2021 debutant in Matt Flynn, while first-string ruck Braydon Preuss remains sidelined through injury.

Briggs' position at West Sydney could spark interest of clubs keen on adding height to their list, with the Suns, Bombers, Saints and Lions all tipped to do so.

Did you attend the Collingwood game at Moorabbin, must have been mid to late seventies?
Huge crowd.
Brilliant game.
Essentially a goal for goal race between George Young and Fabulous Phil Carman. I think George kicked about 8, Fabulous kicked a little more - maybe 10.
That was the day Young became my hero.
And only surpassed by the arrival of my (I wish) love child, Lenny.

Beautiful footballer. One word to describe George Young would be “fluid”. Everything just flowed so easily. He moved beautifully, read the play well and executed skills easily.

I read an article about him a few years ago and he really loved the club. Appreciated the opportunity he was given and immersed himself in the culture and history of the place.

I think he was a WA talent scout for us for a very long time. From memory he was also a very talented cricketer, opening the batting for WA in the Sheffield Shield when they had a crack team captained by John Inverarity.

So the player that we drafted as a flanker who may be able to make midfield, can now only play as a third rate , short, tall defender.

If that's true, he's a washout, time to cut our losses.

This is what we drafted.
------------------------------
STRENGTHS

• Athleticism
  • Work in tight spaces/evasiveness
  • Efficiency
  • Versatility
  • Leadership
Coffield tested as one of the fastest players in the draft pool with a sub-three second 20m sprint time. Add to that his sizable vertical leap, 190cm frame and strong hands, and you have a ready-made AFL athlete. The most promising thing about Coffield is that he combines his athletic traits with a high-level football IQ, which has inevitably seen him draw comparisons to Scott Pendlebury.

Like the Collingwood skipper, Coffield provides a cool head amidst the mayhem of stoppages, weaving his way through traffic and turning on dimes. His clearance work has improved out of sight this year and more midfield time has really aided that side of his game. And with one of the most accurate kicks in the TAC Cup this season, Coffield’s efficiency has seen him stand out even more as clubs at the top level try to claim the best ball users.

Jesus reading that he sounds like Bont

Nice to see Captain Jack recognised by his peers. AFLPA Most Courageous Player, 3rd in Best Captain, and 5th in MVP. What a season he had, averaging 29 disposals, 14 contested, 8 tackles and six clearances, all of which are ranked elite. He couldn't have done any more for us this season. What a player! 😍

Why? You made up that he is a top 10 mid. The guy is allowed to laugh at you for it.

He is 20th best in Stats Insider. That is still a very high level player, puts him between Danger and McLuggage. Ahead of guys like Macrae. It was an overly aggressive response regardless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Literally impossible. The Suns are a rabble though I have a soft spot for them

It's not impossible, they have lots of young talent and at some point things will click there but possibly not before players leave. Brisbane were bottom three then all of a sudden a force after a similar rebuild.

Beautiful footballer. One word to describe George Young would be “fluid”. Everything just flowed so easily. He moved beautifully, read the play well and executed skills easily.

I read an article about him a few years ago and he really loved the club. Appreciated the opportunity he was given and immersed himself in the culture and history of the place.

I think he was a WA talent scout for us for a very long time. From memory he was also a very talented cricketer, opening the batting for WA in the Sheffield Shield when they had a crack team captained by John Inverarity.
G. Young was a great player for us- a natural footballer and I do remember him being a very good cricketer.

Did you attend the Collingwood game at Moorabbin, must have been mid to late seventies?
Huge crowd.
Brilliant game.
Essentially a goal for goal race between George Young and Fabulous Phil Carman. I think George kicked about 8, Fabulous kicked a little more - maybe 10.
That was the day Young became my hero.
And only surpassed by the arrival of my (I wish) love child, Lenny.
I was there but was young
My Dad spoke about this game for years and years He just loved George Young
Round 20, 1975. Carman kicked 11

Would rather we go after Hopper

Different end of the scale though. Those other guys are bin pickings, I reckon you'd be up for the Ben King picks to get hold of Hopper.

I don’t want bin pickings anymore

I don't mind getting a guy like Riccardi or Fynn. Both cheap top ups with scope to be better than average players but would cost FA. Much better than getting guys who are 30+ and broken to use as filler. I reckon Riccardi could play FB or swap with a forward to cover it. He looks too good to waste away in the seconds. Flynn too would be a massive upgrade on McKernan and Hunter and still has 10 years of footy left. Briggs is more of a risk, I think he's had a pretty significant injury history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back