25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
Young player had a bit of a form slump...

He's had a terrific start to his career
Was fine last week, good when it counted setting up the winner with speed and class.
He's a 3rd year player who's missed 3 games.
Runs his guts out all day, and kicks it damn well a lot of the time.
People on here get pretty snooty when it comes to other teams' players. Would have our mids face down in the dirt trying to catch him.

That is true but we also had to bring in a lot of ready made players from other clubs to get there.

Whether we can make the next step and challenge for a flag like those sides is still up in the air.

Let's hope so.
For that to happen we need to include a Petracca like player to our list. Wether that is someone on our current list who steps up to that level or we pick a kid who can be that in the next 3 years.

Not fussed about his ego or whether he loves attention. I'm only talking about how good he is as a footballer.

Would love him at St Kilda.
Most clubs would have to have him.

But his social media persona is why he cops extra criticism from people after his average stretch of games despite only being a third year player.

For that to happen we need to include a Petracca like player to our list. Wether that is someone on our current list who steps up to that level or we pick a kid who can be that in the next 3 years.
Thank god Steele has unexpectedly come on from tagging to being a genuine mid.

If he didn't we'd have a fairly average midfield.

I don't think Coff was ever going to be a mid, Clark was but he just hasn't taken his chances so far. I still think it's fitness that holds him back. We make excuses for young players until we realise how limited they are then turn on them. He'll have been in the system for 5 seasons next year and 23. He's right on that cusp of stepping up or calling him a GOP, it's totally up to him how he wants it to go. He was born with all the skills but they only take you so far.

Bailey Smith and Walsh were both known to be absolute professionals who worked above and beyond on their own fitness and game craft. You are using examples of two kids who were always going to be able to hit the ground running. Rowell exploded out of the blocks but since coming back in from injury he has fallen back to earth. Hopefully Clark steps up because if he doesn't we will be light on for talent.
Speaking of Rowell i've been wondering if the Suns have been role playing him since his latest injury so that he doesn't get taken out again by another collision injury, he might be playing hurt as well but he clearly isn't taking the game on like he did initially.

Speaking of Rowell i've been wondering if the Suns have been role playing him since his latest injury so that he doesn't get taken out again by another collision injury, he might be playing hurt as well but he clearly isn't taking the game on like he did initially.
They have horrible luck. JOM looked like a super star then did serious knee injuries. Now rowell seems to just get these horrible ones too.

You'd be feeling pretty silly if you were one of those people suggesting Baliley Smith was no good about a week ago...

He’s obviously a good player, and I don’t question the work he puts in on and off the field. He’s a star, and he’s got the necessary ego to match (not meant as a dig).

I wouldn’t like him at the Saints tho. He fits into the Doggies culture, but can’t see him or don’t want to see him fitting into ours. Just heard too many stories about him off the field that rub me the wrong way. Wouldn’t find it easy to support him… nonetheless wish him all the best, and in pure footballing terms he’s a jet.

We got a better player from that draft tho 😉.

Edit: Just thought I’d add - obviously a lot of players have stories floating around and are involved in various different things which may be controversial. This is just a personal thing, and is probably magnified due to various reasons I won’t go into.

What am I missing here?

When we were ever going to get English?

Both seem pretty handy footballers to me. I'd like to have the pair of them.
English is so bad bevo even admits he’s no chance of winning a ruck contest. Would rather play a young completely inexperienced ruck and defend it by saying “he did about as well as we expected english to”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have 3 hits at that this year with about 50-75% of that top 20 being goalkicking or classy mids and Windhager being a dynamic mid-forward and Owens being a big bodied midfielder capable of playing all over the ground with his agility and strength.

They have horrible luck. JOM looked like a super star then did serious knee injuries. Now rowell seems to just get these horrible ones too.
One of the few clubs who are unluckier than us. I’m pretty sure at some point their mid season draftee was a chance to play in the ruck. They were even considering ruck trading mid season to help them out they had that many injuries

Melbourne has taken about 18 years

Melbourne very similar to us where they were up in 2006, dropped off then made a series of poor coaching appointments and off field roles filled by below average operators. Roos straightened them up and got them in the right direction and were back playing finals in 2018 and should have played in 2017 if not for .5 of a percentage point.

They had 12 years out of finals after 2 failed rebuilds. We made finals 2011 then again in 2020 after 2 failed rebuilds so 9 years and realistically we could take just as long to make up the difference between where they are as a genuine premiership chance and scraping into finals and even then there are no guarantees unless we start to get some high end talent.

I'm not convinced that 2 Kings is the answer, we need some more talent through the midfield. Brisbane wouldn't have won just because they had 2 Danihers last night.

Melbourne’s rebuild took 12 years
Brisbane’s took 14 years

The Dogs were quickest… but got lucky with father sons.

It took us 9 to make the finals again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes teams like Melbourne and Brisbane suffered during the years when they were finishing near the bottom and GWS and GC were getting every pick. Our rebuild officially started in 2013 when all of that had stopped so we don’t have that excuse. Since then every team that was around us at that time (apart from GC) has made the top 4 or won a flag.

The players were there during that time we just didn’t pick the right ones, that’s not the expansion clubs’ fault.

Melbourne very similar to us where they were up in 2006, dropped off then made a series of poor coaching appointments and off field roles filled by below average operators. Roos straightened them up and got them in the right direction and were back playing finals in 2018 and should have played in 2017 if not for .5 of a percentage point.

They had 12 years out of finals after 2 failed rebuilds. We made finals 2011 then again in 2020 after 2 failed rebuilds so 9 years and realistically we could take just as long to make up the difference between where they are as a genuine premiership chance and scraping into finals and even then there are no guarantees unless we start to get some high end talent.

I'm not convinced that 2 Kings is the answer, we need some more talent through the midfield. Brisbane wouldn't have won just because they had 2 Danihers last night.

You didn't just compare daniher to king did you? Daniher is a slow minded, slow footed goal kicker who rarely takes a contested mark...hes closer to Ben Brown than he is Max King.

We do need a couple of classier mids and will have at least one with Gresham back.

You didn't just compare daniher to king did you? Daniher is a slow minded, slow footed goal kicker who rarely takes a contested mark...hes closer to Ben Brown than he is Max King.

We do need a couple of classier mids and will have at least one with Gresham back.

Daniher was the hyped prototype athletic 2 meters tall forward that was going to be a star. Max looks like he should be everything we've ever dreamed of but so did Joe for the Bombers. So did Jesse Hogan for Melbourne too at one point. I think we need some top end talent and some more around the ball would definitely help. If you get your best players in the first round that's a big risk to step out of 2 drafts for him. It might work out perfectly but to me we look a long way off Brisbane, Melbourne and the Dogs in the mids. If we get all our mids fire we compete. but need all of them going at 100% to beat the best.

Yes teams like Melbourne and Brisbane suffered during the years when they were finishing near the bottom and GWS and GC were getting every pick. Our rebuild officially started in 2013 when all of that had stopped so we don’t have that excuse. Since then every team that was around us at that time (apart from GC) has made the top 4 or won a flag.

The players were there during that time we just didn’t pick the right ones, that’s not the expansion clubs’ fault.

You’re ignoring two vital things;

The influence on drafts that both franchises have had on drafts since 2013 thanks to the mass of players they have traded out every year for more picks.

And the 2010-2012 drafts where their preselections stripped talent from the draft pool beforehand. We made trading & drafting decisions based on a what was available after the talent had been pilfered.

We may have missed with a few of our picks but to say our rebuild wasn’t heavily effected by Vlad’s executive bonus scheme is incorrect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They might have won if they had zero Danihers. He's hopeless. If they had 2 Kings they would have won by 5 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back