25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniher was only ever hyped up because of his last name. No one would have given two shits if his last name was constable or Smith...
Joe kicked 46 goals for season so that's a pretty good return for a key forward.

His problem (and the Lions problem last night) was that expecting him to stand up and dominate as the sole tall after Hipwood and McStay went down is unrealistic.

Same applies to Naughton once Bruce did his knee.

I'd take Talia but I know where I'm really looking.

Matthew Allison - 196 cm, sub 3 second for the 20 metre sprint and 6.17 for the 2km time trial.

So a taller faster more athletic version of Josh Battle.
Except he has the arms and torso of a stick insect. The thought of Alison on a big forward brings back memories of Zac Dawson being left on Rocca that time.

On Pixel 3 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Except he has the arms and torso of a stick insect. The thought of Alison on a big forward brings back memories of Zac Dawson being left on Rocca that time.

On Pixel 3 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app
Which is why someone like Thalia might be an option. Fill in for a year until Allison develops.

Wines is elite like Steele. Boak best is elite but despite the outrage after him not making the AA squad after his great rd23, his second half this year was a step down from that great level - equivalent to a Crouch level. Williams Drew is good - hardly elite or any better than what we have rolling around in an equivalent spot. They get a lot of teams by rotating a lot of talent through their forward line rather than through the midfield like the Dogs or Melbourne, and play with 3 talls.

They are hosting a prelim without having a deep, elite midfield. Great example that there is more than 1 way to build a great team and that us not having the deepest midfield won't disqualify us from being able to climb back up the ladder.
Boak wasn't as good as his 2020 season, but his whole season was still well above the level of Crouch. Even after the bye, Boak is predicted to poll 14 brownlow votes. Then came out and was best on in the first final. Crouch had a pretty consistent season and finds a fair bit of footy, but is often more of a useful contributor than one of the best players on the ground. They definitely don't have a particularly deep midfield, but Wines and Boak as a core duo in their are genuine A graders.

Hi Gold Coast, we’ll give you Battle, Billings and Ross for Bing

Hi Luke Parker, yup we can fit you in

Hi First Round Pick, we haven’t traded you, so let’s turn you into another gun young mid

Hi Gold Coast, we’ll give you Battle, Billings and Ross for Bing

Hi Luke Parker, yup we can fit you in

Hi First Round Pick, we haven’t traded you, so let’s turn you into another gun young mid
Why would Gold Coast accept two free agents who they could get for free in exchange for their only key forward?

I initially said that the club was interested in Luke Parker, but I believe they’ve actually come out and said they’re not going to negotiate with him.

soooo, don’t believe anything else i say.

Well I think we all know we aren't getting Bing this year.

I think we also know that we will be taking our first this year to the draft where there is plenty of promising midfield talent.

We also have two NGA kids that will fit into what we need on our list.
I think Bing is unlikely but I do think there is more to play out before it's 100% ruled out.

GC have some pieces moving around.

I initially said that the club was interested in Luke Parker, but I believe they’ve actually come out and said they’re not going to negotiate with him.

soooo, don’t believe anything else i say.
Sounds like we had a sniff but found out he was another mercenary after a pension so we moved on.

We need a additional 2 draft picks around 2 and 3rd round.

First round pick - best midfielder
2nd round - Winhager
3rd round - Buzza
3rd round - Owens
4th round - Another Gallager special.

Sounds like we had a sniff but found out he was another mercenary after a pension so we moved on.
I think GC are into Dixon and Parker. I think there's a bit of good will in trying to make sure GC get the help they need, which can give them immediate impact. Which might be handy when we ask for good will in Bing coming home to his family.

GC could do with Dunstan as a rookie TBH

I think there's a fair bit of trying to keep the AFL happy in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boak wasn't as good as his 2020 season, but his whole season was still well above the level of Crouch. Even after the bye, Boak is predicted to poll 14 brownlow votes. Then came out and was best on in the first final. Crouch had a pretty consistent season and finds a fair bit of footy, but is often more of a useful contributor than one of the best players on the ground. They definitely don't have a particularly deep midfield, but Wines and Boak as a core duo in their are genuine A graders.
of course it was better than crouch. Boak is an A grader, maybe a bit old but he's been an A grader for a long while. Crouch is just there to rack up a good amount of possessions each week so Steele's back doesn't break. I don't think we're ever expecting Crouch to single handedly win us multiple games a year.

We need a additional 2 draft picks around 2 and 3rd round.

First round pick - best midfielder
2nd round - Winhager
3rd round - Buzzo
3rd round - Owens
4th round - Another Gallager special.
Claremont's Jacob van Rooyen (194cm) and Swan Districts’ Rhett Bazzo (195cm) are tall defenders who played with great assurance and were standouts on the day.

Port show you don't need a deep midfield to be a top team.
Except they also have an elite intercept marking CHB.
Their Fullback probably shades Howard aswell.
Infact their entire back 6 is probably a level or 2 above their counterparts for us.

of course it was better than crouch. Boak is an A grader, maybe a bit old but he's been an A grader for a long while. Crouch is just there to rack up a good amount of possessions each week so Steele's back doesn't break. I don't think we're ever expecting Crouch to single handedly win us multiple games a year.
The discussion is looking at Port's midfield as a reference compared to ours. I'm not saying Crouch needs to win us games, just that it's a stretch to put him on par with Boak.

Last edited:
I'm surprised anyone would argue that to be honest.

Hind is clearly a much better defender than Hiill, who is a liability in a one on one

That’s not much of a comparison though. Hind is a fraction of the winger/mid that Hill is, and miles behind Paton, Webster, Dmac, Geary, Clark and Coffield as a defender. Hind struggled for a game with us because he was behind all of our defenders as a defender, but he gets a game for the druggies because they prioritise speed and run off half back; it’s also why they got flogged by ten goals in the wet against a true finalist.

Don’t fall for the lie that Hind is twice the player because of insightful coaching at the dopers, it’s just the media lie that the jumper makes them better.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Daniher was only ever hyped up because of his last name. No one would have given two shits if his last name was constable or Smith...

Nah that's bullshit, he looked like he'd be a star before he was injured. He had games where he looked like King did late in the year. He had a few periods of the yips in front of goal but he looked like he'd be an absolute gun.

Except they also have an elite intercept marking CHB.
Their Fullback probably shades Howard aswell.
Infact their entire back 6 is probably a level or 2 above their counterparts for us.
Howard captained Port the year he left so he was highly regarded by Port, they just wouldn't pay him what he wanted.
Since then he has been with our backbone in defense and has hardly had his colors lowered while playing in a defense that is very young.
Sinclair has been a standout this year , Highmore you don't expect what he did as a 1st year player and could well be a star in the making, Wilkie is just a solid performer week in week out , Webster hardly never got beaten and we have Paton who never played who showed he can beat just about any small forward in the game.
The best thing is they all have pretty good disposal.

Our backline in not a our real problem and I wouldn't say they are a level above.

Claremont's Jacob van Rooyen (194cm) and Swan Districts’ Rhett Bazzo (195cm) are tall defenders who played with great assurance and were standouts on the day.
These 2 kids are already play WAFL seniors , where I have seen kids playing colts in the WAFL in the top 25 phantom Twomy draft.
If you thought Naughton was good this guy is a must for us.

Don’t understand people wanting an old injured player like Thalia and then complain that some of our youth are not getting games.
No dead wood, if any season has demonstrated that it’s this one.
The problem is we NEED a KPD. As we don't really have anything to trade with we've got to look through the bin again.

It's not really a problem because we've lost Jake, Chip and Robbo, plus Brownie last year and having kids only is poor policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back