25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ruptured acl in 2020 and delisted that year. Probably unlucky timing because of covid cuts.
Happy to hear he seems to be playing well now.
it was a big injury and eventually came back this year as playing coach i think

Don’t think Ben would be too impressed, and I don’t blame him. They finished 16th (3rd last), were bog average, and he almost kicked 50 goals for the year.

Maybe they don’t rate him that highly.
Indeed it seems Ben was not impressed at all and caused quite a commotion on the night 😱

oKuRpxp.gif

I’d definitely be in his ear, why not have a crack this year if the kids willing.

I can see this becoming an absolute circus next year because lukosious will want out as well perhaps leading to the AFL getting involved again.

I agree. And the Suns don’t rate him to be in their best 10 players for the year, which is utter nonsense. Ben kicked almost 50 goals for the year in a team that finished 16th.

It would be understandable if he was disillusioned with that.

To be fair, a lot of his times where he kicked goals were very low possession games.

He had single figure possession counts in 16 of 22 games.

Still surprised he didn't crack the top 10 but that might help explain it a little.

But he kicked almost 50 goals for the year. That is the most important statistic in football.

Or maybe he only had three kicks and kicked three goals in a heap of games. Couple of over the tops or downfields. No idea as I haven't watched every GC game but thats a possobility.

No, he was much better than that. He was their target and the magnet of their attacking moves as a mobile forward.

Thomlinson was a running rebounder despite his size though so it wasn't a like for like.
Tomlinson was their FB because they realized he was no good as a rebounder/winger or anything else that involved actually finding the ball and using it well.

IMO the best defenses are usually slightly taller. Wilkie as a key defender as good as he is won’t get it done for mine.

I see Luke Dunstan is no longer "de-listed" according to the AFL website.

Is it just me or is lockdown doing my head in - surely there were heaps of de-listings at this stage of the season last year.

I can't believe that a dozen clubs have done exit interviews and sent players off for the break and we have a handful of players across the comp currently having been de-listed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howard captained Port the year he left so he was highly regarded by Port, they just wouldn't pay him what he wanted.
Since then he has been with our backbone in defense and has hardly had his colors lowered while playing in a defense that is very young.
Sinclair has been a standout this year , Highmore you don't expect what he did as a 1st year player and could well be a star in the making, Wilkie is just a solid performer week in week out , Webster hardly never got beaten and we have Paton who never played who showed he can beat just about any small forward in the game.
The best thing is they all have pretty good disposal.

Our backline in not a our real problem and I wouldn't say they are a level above.
Port wanted him to move to the forward line, he wanted to stay in the backline.

Not in Best and Fairest voting it isn't.
Yep, no one is sitting down at the end of the year de doing if he should sneak in for tenth. Most likely heavily mids and defence biased like ours on a week to week basis. Can’t imagine Max finishing all that highly.

To be fair, a lot of his times where he kicked goals were very low possession games.

He had single figure possession counts in 16 of 22 games.

Still surprised he didn't crack the top 10 but that might help explain it a little.

Yeah, early in the year when we were wondering if he was the better player than Max he was converting at an insane rate while Max was missing his shots. He's a very high impact for possessions player still. I think had 180 touches for the year and kicked 47 goals and 25 behinds. That's better than one in four touches being a goal.

What we saw in the last lot of games from Max was an ability to absolutely rip contested marks out of packs and change the dynamic of the game. Ben is more a lead at the ball and an efficient mark and kick type. Makes it look too easy to get the accolades.

Tomlinson was their FB because they realized he was no good as a rebounder/winger or anything else that involved actually finding the ball and using it well.

IMO the best defenses are usually slightly taller. Wilkie as a key defender as good as he is won’t get it done for mine.

Who are the best defenders in your books, Rance wasn't tall, Scarlett wasn't tall, Gibson wasn't tall etc. The only really tall star defender would be Harris Andrew. Guys like Rampe are top defenders who are shorter than some mids.

He played most of his junior footy as a mid, not just a couple of games.

Does that mean much outside rep teams? I don't follow junior footy enough to know. There are a shitload of players in rugby who you get given the "oh yeah, he played stand off/number 8/inside center" for his school and it's like, yeah, he played there because he was the one of, if not the best player at his school and they wanted him to have as many touches as possible, and I was wondering if it there was a similar thing.

He played most of his junior footy as a mid, not just a couple of games.

OK he made the AA as a back.
I'm not going to sit here and assume that he's been tearing the midfield apart at training and our coaches are just too stupid to realise it.
I can't believe its a matter of throw him in the guts and he'll do well.
You see more often a mid gets thrown into the back line and do it easily ( for example, Sinclair , Ross, Montagna ) than the opposite.
If he's struggling in the back AFL ,he won't do well in the middle at AFL.

Who are the best defenders in your books, Rance wasn't tall, Scarlett wasn't tall, Gibson wasn't tall etc. The only really tall star defender would be Harris Andrew. Guys like Rampe are top defenders who are shorter than some mids.
Best Key defenders atm playing Alir , May , Weitering , Moore , McGovern , Ben McKay and I would take anyone of them into our side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back