25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
Who are the best defenders in your books, Rance wasn't tall, Scarlett wasn't tall, Gibson wasn't tall etc. The only really tall star defender would be Harris Andrew. Guys like Rampe are top defenders who are shorter than some mids.
I didn’t say defenders my friend, I said defenCES as in overall team defences. I’m probably spelling it wrong which doesn’t help!

If you watched Ben King closely it's not that surprising he didn't make the top 10 B&F

He had a lot of games where he would kick 2-3 goals but only get 5 or 6 possessions. Doing his job yes but not really vote-worthy.

Max does win more possessions will be interesting to see where he places in our B&F

I didn’t say defenders my friend, I said defenCES as in overall team defences. I’m probably spelling it wrong which doesn’t help!
In today's game if a team has to deal with a big forward they will always attempt to double team the player , if the team has multiply tall forwards it them becomes a problem.
Then again a guy like Buddy Franklin is not a big pack mark so you can get away with playing a guy like Wilkie on him which we did and he did well on him.

We don't want to be left in a situation where you go into a game like Port and have only one tall back because if he goes down and Georgiades is clearly beating Wilkie (until he came off with a injury) you can be totally exposed , with them having Todd Marshall close to 2m running around the forward line as well.

If you watched Ben King closely it's not that surprising he didn't make the top 10 B&F

He had a lot of games where he would kick 2-3 goals but only get 5 or 6 possessions. Doing his job yes but not really vote-worthy.

Max does win more possessions will be interesting to see where he places in our B&F

I am unsure if Max will be in the top 10 either

Good God, No!

9Wp5Fre.jpg

OK he made the AA as a back.
I'm not going to sit here and assume that he's been tearing the midfield apart at training and our coaches are just too stupid to realise it.
I can't believe its a matter of throw him in the guts and he'll do well.
You see more often a mid gets thrown into the back line and do it easily ( for example, Sinclair , Ross, Montagna ) than the opposite.
If he's struggling in the back AFL ,he won't do well in the middle at AFL.

We was absolute poo when they sent him to the forward line. His best footy is as an interceptor in defence.

Best Key defenders atm playing Alir , May , Weitering , Moore , McGovern , Ben McKay and I would take anyone of them into our side.

What's funny is not many sit one on one as defenders of those guys. Alir can contest marks but Moore, Weitering, McGovern all intercept mark and actually get quite a few goals kicked on them height isn't really a big factor in their game. McKay would be the most traditional of those big KPB beats that out body and out muscle their opponents. Collingwood and Carlton fans both complain about the amount of goals their guys leak. May is the prototype old school strong one on one defender who out muscles everyone.

See that's the thing with athletic testing, some guys are great on paper but they don't use it on the field. I've never thought that Coff looked quick. Guys like Snags were tested as slow but he hits pace fast off one step and often uses his evasiveness to make himself look quite frenetic around the ball.

I think Coff is probably a winds up to top speed type because he rarely burns off players if ever. He plays very flat footed generally in my mental image of his game. He can look a bit mentally pressured when he's got players coming at him as well. Pendles since he was drafted always had that Dal type of never looking stressed or rushed game. I think the wing is probably Coffs ideal position but more of that hybrid HBF/wingman they all seem to love these days.
He was a sub 3 second 20mt sprint which is very quick off the bat, but as you say having it and using it are 2 different things, then there is knowing when to use it (insert crazy gif)

What's funny is not many sit one on one as defenders of those guys. Alir can contest marks but Moore, Weitering, McGovern all intercept mark and actually get quite a few goals kicked on them height isn't really a big factor in their game. McKay would be the most traditional of those big KPB beats that out body and out muscle their opponents. Collingwood and Carlton fans both complain about the amount of goals their guys leak. May is the prototype old school strong one on one defender who out muscles everyone.
Our defense performed overall ok , but I really feel we missed a guy like Carlisle - it most probably effected Coffield's game having him to help out cover other backmen - I don't know.
This draft if we could pick up Bazzo who is currently playing for Swan Districts seniors as a 18yr , I really feel he is more advanced than what Naughton was when he was drafted and he isn't in anyone phantom drafts.
When a kid like Amiss who is playing 3rds for a WAFL team is high up in the draft mock drafts.
Bazzo was best on ground for the WA team that best Sth Australia the other day , Amiss is a big forward kicked a couple goals but also is a talent with a very good kick.

If we could get a 2nd round pick and hope no one takes him before us.

Our defense performed overall ok , but I really feel we missed a guy like Carlisle - it most probably effected Coffield's game having him to help out cover other backmen - I don't know.
This draft if we could pick up Bazzo who is currently playing for Swan Districts seniors as a 18yr , I really feel he is more advanced than what Naughton was when he was drafted and he isn't in anyone phantom drafts.
When a kid like Amiss who is playing 3rds for a WAFL team is high up in the draft mock drafts.
Bazzo was best on ground for the WA team that best Sth Australia the other day , Amiss is a big forward kicked a couple goals but also is a talent with a very good kick.

And also hope that no-one bids on our academy kids before our second round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was a sub 3 second 20mt sprint which is very quick off the bat, but as you say having it and using it are 2 different things, then there is knowing when to use it (insert crazy gif)
He was named in the All Australian side as a halfback because there are so many young mids the slot them where they can fit them , but he is fast , tall and agile and I feel they have to use him to his strength's and through the midfield would be ideal , but once again so many players are fighting for a run in there.
He can break through tackles and is good through traffic , it would give us a fast guy in the midfield who can kick and mark.

Anyway the coaches are developing him and know whats best.

We have one first round pick, 9. one 3rd round pick 46. one 4th round pick 54. How are we going to picck up our NGA players we are interested in.?
If Windhager goes pick 30 it will cost us most of Picks 46 & 54.
Assume we will then trade a future 2nd or 3rd to get the points for Owens unless we get something for Ross/Dunstan/Lonie/Kent.

Couple of people have mentioned Beilby and Peris will be late picks if not rookies

When are we expecting to find out who's been delisted?
I doubt we will hear anything until after trade/FA weeks.
They will be hoping we can get players to replace Kent, Lonie, Joyce, Clav & Hunter.
If we cant get anyone they will probably be offered another year, especially if there are no offers from other clubs.

Alabakis is the only one who may get delisted straight up but even he can be signed for another year as a Cat.B due to the change in rules.
Reckon we will hear about some contracts sooner than anything. eg. Ryder, Geary

See that's the thing with athletic testing, some guys are great on paper but they don't use it on the field. I've never thought that Coff looked quick. Guys like Snags were tested as slow but he hits pace fast off one step and often uses his evasiveness to make himself look quite frenetic around the ball.

I think Coff is probably a winds up to top speed type because he rarely burns off players if ever. He plays very flat footed generally in my mental image of his game. He can look a bit mentally pressured when he's got players coming at him as well. Pendles since he was drafted always had that Dal type of never looking stressed or rushed game. I think the wing is probably Coffs ideal position but more of that hybrid HBF/wingman they all seem to love these days.
I remember years ago someone talking about the "Intensity gene"....now i don't know if that is a scientific fact or not but even metaphorically, i totally understand it as a real possibility. The guys that prove on paper during trials etc...... sometimes lack that intensity factor that makes them even capable of exploding over that gap between brain registering and reaction, to traction and then movement.

I feel that the first 2 or 3 metres may often come down to the desperate desire to win, to be there first, to measure themselves in terms of instant success and some guys just don't react like that...yet i believe there's room for all types on a footy field. Strategic minds need know, where to best engage these various qualities or lack thereof.

Bazzo looks good, just can't see anyone getting us a second.

which is funny because he does it at the height of our medium interceptors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back