25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
Trade Radio has a lot of time to fill so they speculate and pose hypotheticals and sow seeds that keep people interested.

Owens could be on some clubs top 20 but just as likely they say that to questions posed by the reporter trying to extract some kind of topical news story to discuss on his daily slot.

1. Every clubs top 20 will be different when combined they probably cover 30 - 35 odd players. I suspect that the 15th guy on our list would stll be available at 20 on draft night because other clubs will select players we didn't rate earlier. So maths says even if you had Owens rated 17th on your list the guy you had at 16th is likely still available at 20.

2. I suspect clubs are happy to speculate on Owens going early just to disrupt our planning even if they have no intention of drafting him. (Dodo anyone)

3. If he is selected early it will be a big reach and we may not have matched anyway

As a prospect he projects a lot like Caleb Poulter did last year and he got a lot of hype pre draft because he was a 190cm odd mid then went at 30 odd.

Tank the combine and we are all good

Its one thing for a flog like Dildoro to blow a later pick being a smart arse (like he did with Mosquito) but an entirely different thing to use a 1st round pick on a kid just to annoy another club.

The only way that Mitchito or Windy go before pick 20 is if a club rates them that highly.

Don't forget that a club is actually drafting a player in the top 20, not just placing a bid on a player that will most likely be matched.

Unless we get massive unders for Bing (which we won't) I don't see why we need him. When will St Kilda realise that the feel-good story of a family connection does not automatically translate into on-field success? (Raph Clarke, Nicholas Winmar, etc, etc)

You can't clone Max King and you don't want to. It's a lazy way to recruit, IMO.

Unless we get massive unders for Bing (which we won't) I don't see why we need him. When will St Kilda realise that the feel-good story of a family connection does not automatically translate into on-field success? (Raph Clarke, Nicholas Winmar, etc, etc)

You can't clone Max King and you don't want to. It's a lazy way to recruit, IMO.

Garbage. Ben King has exposed form that's not lazy recruiting.

Yeah, but Ben King has been in the system for 4 years and is a confirmed gun.

IDK, it seems like an extremely unique opportunity to me. More then a feel good story, much more. Different story all together if they weren’t 21 years young, and with exceptional potential/proven ability.

If I could clone Max King, I would. Good thing he has a twin aye.

Lol, Raph Clarke and Nick Winmar weren't top 10 picks.

Yeah, but Ben King has been in the system for 4 years and is a confirmed gun.

Yeah exactly right. We aren’t trying to get Bing as a feel good story. We’re trying to get the best 1-2 forward combination in the competition for the next 10 years.

We just have the added bonus of him being the twin of the guy we drafted and him being a Saints fan growing up.

we should really be thanking Gold Coast for drafting Ben and giving us the chance 😂

Even if we don’t fix up our forward entries and keep bombing it long and high, having both Kings going after it will probably make everyone else try the “bomb it long To the goal square” technique

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Want some more Mayo with that , they may have been thinking whew we dodged a bullet there inside but laughing and cheering out loud = Mayo IMO

See below
Would be like if we were laughing at Geelong getting Steven. The outcome probably ended up similar too, both players beloved by their original clubs and not getting on the park much for their new sides. We wouldn't laugh at Stuv though and the Swans wouldn't laugh at Hanners

IDK, it seems like an extremely unique opportunity to me. More then a feel good story, much more. Different story all together if they weren’t 21 years young, and with exceptional potential/proven ability.

If I could clone Max King, I would. Good thing he has a twin aye.

I don't doubt for a second that Bing can play. It's just that we shouldn't pay overs for him, just because he's Max's brother. How many 200cm+ players can you fit into a fwd line anyway?

Heeney going any club again?

We cant afford Ben King at the moment. Unless it really IS next year he moves and unless we really nail THIS draft and sort out our midfield.

Darcy Moore would be an incredible get. Especially if the filth pay half his salary for the next couple.

On a serious note however, we really need to start playing the "54 year drought" to the AFL at any opportunity. They made it impossible for Ben to leave GC a couple of years back. They can also make sure we get him for nuddin.

I don't doubt for a second that Bing can play. It's just that we shouldn't pay overs for him, just because he's Max's brother. How many 200cm+ players can you fit into a fwd line anyway?
how many clubs have multiple atheletic 200cm+ defenders to combat them?

Port have Marshall at 198 and Dixon and Ladhams above 2m as well as Georgiades as another tall, sounds pretty similar to how we'd line up with King King Marshall Membrey

I wonder if the Saints can ask for special access to one or two of Owens and Winghager if they go within the top 20? I don't see why we couldn't ask the question, and we'd have a bloody good argument to be given it! Having never benefited from the NGA's we're a chance to be robbed of one with out last chance. To make things worse, the teams between 16-20 are all top 4 sides this season, or Richmond, who've won 3 of the last 5 premierships. We'd hardly be "depriving" a cellar dweller". If the Suns can get a bunch of picks for incompetence, why can't we get this? After the years of development we've put into them we'd only be asking for what was ours as of the end of last year.

I think an under-rated thing to consider also is where to Owens and Windhager want to play? This time last year they were dreaming of a spot at St Kilda. Only a month or so from the draft period they could be deprived of that through no fault of their own. My hope is they interview poorly and present themselves as "go home" risks, considering their connection to the club.

SCpc36u.gif

None.

But it means naught if you have no one to kick it to them.
Fair point mate.
Although I'm more bullish about this admin than any previously. Reckon we've done extremely well of late getting the pieces in place to combat that concern. Clark to midfield is a no brainer for me. He's the most sublime kick in our team.

Ben King thing is simple for mine.

If he and Max were both ruck-forwards or forward-rucks then it would be an absolute no-brainer.

Because they're not, we shouldn't do it.

We'd have to have two other 200cm guys in the side playing first and second ruck, and adding them all up it just wouldn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back