Analysis 2021 trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t think of too many players that would be worth trading up for, unless Callaghan was available.

Maybe Ben Hobbs, but I don’t know if we would/should trade up for another contested inside mid.

I doubt we would move up for a mid. If we don't grab a KP this year it is a couple of years before we get another shot. The only one I was thinking we might go up for is Amiss but realistically I think we would sit and add Van Rooyan or Bazzo and a mid or flanker.

I doubt we would move up for a mid. If we don't grab a KP this year it is a couple of years before we get another shot. The only one I was thinking we might go up for is Amiss but realistically I think we would sit and add Van Rooyan or Bazzo and a mid or flanker.
I’m not sure how others feel but to me Amiss feels a little bit one dimensional, he may well be the best lead up forward of the lot of them but the other two seem to have more ways to play the game either as a forward or defender. I think Amiss will be a good player in the right situation but I don’t think that’s with us.

I’m not sure how others feel but to me Amiss feels a little bit one dimensional, he may well be the best lead up forward of the lot of them but the other two seem to have more ways to play the game either as a forward or defender. I think Amiss will be a good player in the right situation but I don’t think that’s with us.

A lead up forward, with good athleticism and very good hands who can kick straight. I think he would suit any team to be honest. With that said he is late on the scene and has not played much against bigger bodies so there are certainly question marks.

A lead up forward, with good athleticism and very good hands who can kick straight. I think he would suit any team to be honest. With that said he is late on the scene and has not played much against bigger bodies so there are certainly question marks.
I think he’ll be very good in his role, just a little similar to Hipwood and I like the other two’s versatility more.

I think he’ll be very good in his role, just a little similar to Hipwood and I like the other two’s versatility more.

I agree that there is not a spot at the moment but young key positions take a couple of years to develop and it is much better to be patient and forward plan rather than be caught out with zero options when injury hits like happened this year.

Sounds like Aaron Cornelius. Better athleticism?

Amiss has got bust written all over him

After so many second place finishes, I am waiting for the ink to dry on a contract before I count it. That being said, we got Corr last year from GWS, but still, we have missed out on a fair few.
I hear u Tas. 2 of my sons (a very strong mum) are roo supporters. Hope u can keep Tarrant. I like the look of ur forwards especialy Combden n Larkey........Larkey kicked our ass one game.

If Mabior Chol gets a 3 year deal from the Suns, it goes to show how heated the market is for someone who can play forward and ruck a bit. Same with CCJ rumoured to be offered 4 years from North. There’s a premium associated with anyone who can go into a ruck contest.

It is almost like the upside of being a ruckman in an era where no one wants to draft them is that, once you’re on a list, you don’t need to be all that good to make a living out of it.

The clubs which can spot the ruck talent early and take a long term view of ruck development are going to have a competitive advantage IMO. Draft them, develop them up and then either play them if you need a ruck or trade them away for a profit. All it costs you is a list spot or two and minimal salary.

Interesting times for Richmond if they lose both Chol & CCJ in the same year. I know what one of their first round draft picks is going to be used on.

Old mate Tom Lynch is going to be one out in the forward line pretty soon. Reiwoldt will be as useful as **** on a bull next year.

Should trade Dusty to GWS for pick 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very happy to see Coast snag a big name.
Coleman-Jones is a much bigger name than Chol.

Eggmolesse-Smith bigger still, so step up GC!

Lynch (200 cm, 99 KG, age turned 23 three days ago) only had 2 games this year. Round 13 in a win over Melbourne against Max Gawn
Not sure if he plays forward though
Lynch: 15 D, 3 M, 1 T, 23 HO, 2 Clearances
Gawn: 19 D, 8 M, 5 T, 20 HO, 0 clearances

Below from SEN

BRISBANE
"As one of the AFL’s contending sides, Brisbane likely won’t have much room to make a splash this off-season.

Due to this, they’ll hope to plug smaller holes in their list, and one of those is another solid ruck option.

Currently, Oscar McInerney is the club’s primary ruckman, and while he’s certainly up to the task, any injury to him would spell big trouble.

Archie Smith holds that mantle at the present, but with him expressing an desire to explore other options, a move for Collingwood back-up Max Lynch would make a lot of sense.

Not only would Lynch provide injury depth but he could also free McInerney up to play forward more often if Chris Fagan opted for a two-ruck combination.

A player like Lynch wouldn’t cost much salary or trade wise, and would be a thoughtful choice."

Lachlan Geleit

Interesting times for Richmond if they lose both Chol & CCJ in the same year. I know what one of their first round draft picks is going to be used on.

Old mate Tom Lynch is going to be one out in the forward line pretty soon. Reiwoldt will be as useful as **** on a bull next year.

Should trade Dusty to GWS for pick 2.
I’m guessing Mac Andrew.

They still have Nankervis, Soldo, Samson Ryan, Mate Colina and Bigoa Nyuon on their list as rucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2021 trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back