Preview 2022 AFL Grand Final, Geelong vs Sydney @ 2:30pm at the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly feel like this season has been one of the Greatest in recent memory (not just the Cats), with a Finals series that was even better.
This is the cresendo and we will prevail.
I cannot wait. 2022 will go down as one of the Greats.

It's been good AF .

We've been to most games Inc the suns game up there .

If it was up to me the Tassie game aswell.

Swans are currently paying $2.62 at Sportsbet. Can anyone tell me the last premier who was paying $2.50+?

Maybe West Coast 2018? Anyone else?
Eagles were $2.20

Last time at this price or worse was Hawks in 08.

Even among losers only GWS has been longer than Swans since 08.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So to add to my post…David King this morning on SEN backed this up with some very interesting data.

Geelong Mids on average play 22 minutes less game time than Swans MFs. 😮 that is a huge difference. Geelong plays 1 more player (equivalent) through the MF plus rotates other players less.

This is why our 4th Qtrs have been so good.

Just one more game!

Yeah I was about to comment about this, but you beat me to it earlier, haha.

Actually quite an incredible tactical move, as it means that our mids can go flat chat when they are on, but the rest of our side doesn't run out of energy.

Guys like Miers, Close, Cameron, Blics, I. Smith, SDK, Henry, etc. who are all aerobic beasts, can just stay on the field, while the least aerobic who are mainly mids - Sel, Danger, Guth etc. - play less but don't impact the team because we have such a deep squad. It's quite brilliant, IMO

I have us as being up 28 at 3/4 time.
From there I have no idea. Grand finals are a strange beast.

I haven’t bet in 5 years (just can’t be stuffed).
But there’s no way I’d bet against geelong tomorrow.

Someone like atkins will get norm.
Just enough time to wiz out the front and mow the lawn, and be back inside to see last 1o mins of last qt

I’m hoping Jezza doesn’t kick the first goal, last time he kicked the first major in a grand final his team got smashed.

Hoping for a Stengle or Rohan first goal jump them straight out the block like they did in the 2016 prelim to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back