Preview 2022 AFL Grand Final, Geelong vs Sydney @ 2:30pm at the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m hoping Jezza doesn’t kick the first goal, last time he kicked the first major in a grand final his team got smashed.

Hoping for a Stengle or Rohan first goal jump them straight out the block like they did in the 2016 prelim to us.
He also kicked the first goal in last year's prelim

With all due to respect to Holmes, and I want him to play as much as anyone, he won't be the difference between a win and a loss.

He's becoming a very good player but we have incredible depth and versatile players who can cover.

It really would be a shame for him but history says taking players not right into a GF can be a disaster.

Our system is just so strong that we can cover the loss with minimal fuss. That's what very good sides can do and that's exactly what we will do.

Unless someone structurally important such as Cameron, Stanley, SDK, Hawk etc miss, we really are in the best possible shape.

If someone had of said weeks ago that it would only be Holmes missing from our best 22, we'd have taken it, particularly with injury scares to Cameron, Stanley, C Guthrie etc.

We are in unbelievable shape here.

Good point.

Remember when Stewy got suspended and we looked at the upcoming month of games and most of us were saying there isn't a worse month of games to miss?

That has been one of our strengths, one man down, the next steps up. Look at Tom Atkins interview after the Port game as further evidence of this team first mentality. I don't expect anything different tomorrow. It's all about the team and that mindset has got us to this point and hopefully tomorrow it will go quite a way to delivering our 10th premiership.

Good point.

Remember when Stewy got suspended and we looked at the upcoming month of games and most of us were saying there isn't a worse month of games to miss?

That has been one of our strengths, one man down, the next steps up. Look at Tom Atkins interview after the Port game as further evidence of this team first mentality. I don't expect anything different tomorrow. It's all about the team and that mindset has got us to this point and hopefully tomorrow it will go quite a way to delivering our 10th premiership.

Although true, I don't want Max to miss because I reckon he deserves the medal and the experience. He's been sensational this season.

Although true, I don't want Max to miss because I reckon he deserves the medal and the experience. He's been sensational this season.

Neither, but we have to look at the big picture.

Good point.

Completely agree!

My Nana's cousin's husband plays bowls with Holmes's great uncle's step brothers wife and she says that Holmes is a certainty.
dark helmet brother GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s unfortunate but great you’re going.
Yes I am as well.
How are you feeling at the moment?
Less anxious or nervous than last week. A bit fatalistic. We have been great, and after 15 straight, a flag would be a fitting result, but I really rate our opponent. They have looked strong all year.
I love CS and our organisation, he has kept us in contention basically all his tenure which is ridiculously good, and our young boys are all hitting form together and seem to be inspiring our seniors.
Everything is in shape for us to win, and it would be a bitter pill to not win.
However, if Sydney do get up, they are nearly the least hated team I could think of to do so. We are strong favourites, but they are even on every line, and have multiple match-winners as well.
And you?

It should be somewhat close but where the Cats hold the edge the entire game.
My fanatic Swans neighbour says it himself, Cats are a more balanced team with more experience and maturity, Swans have to play their absolute best to be a chance, Cats don't. Cats should hold an edge throughout the game that the swans can't quite make up.
I think he's right.

Latest on Max Holmes was that he was put through a series of tests behind closed doors and all necessary boxes are ticked.

Match committee discussed which way to handle, and not wanting to take any risks, so Holmes is playing at this stage, but the club is taking the safe option and doing a final test tomorrow morning. Only as a precaution.

Reason Holmes wasn’t really spotted on the ground today was that he was being tested, and based on running program and rehab this week was rested from any extra work.

That’s all I know, but my go to person says Holmes will play.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It should be somewhat close but where the Cats hold the edge the entire game.
My fanatic Swans neighbour says it himself, Cats are a more balanced team with more experience and maturity, Swans have to play their absolute best to be a chance, Cats don't. Cats should hold an edge throughout the game that the swans can't quite make up.
I think he's right.
Logic flies out the window in GF's- some of us are haunted by 08- how many of us can actually visualise singing WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS over and over tomorrow, and catching the train home with that precious poster?

Logic flies out the window in GF's- some of us are haunted by 08- how many of us can actually visualise singing WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS over and over tomorrow, and catching the train home with that precious poster?

See I think the opposite, logic usually does follow a GF. Logic in 08 was were went in arogant and carrying injured players and were rarely tested throughout the season, and were in average form. GF followed that.
All of our Grand Finals have followed that logic, even most in recent memory weren't really upsets except maybe 1 or 2.
Doesn't mean squat of course, still have to get it done, but logic suggests a Cats victory and right now that's all I have.

See I think the opposite, logic usually does follow a GF. Logic in 08 was were went in arogant and carrying injured players and were rarely tested throughout the season, and were in average form. GF followed that.
All of our Grand Finals have followed that logic, even most in recent memory weren't really upsets except maybe 1 or 2.
Doesn't mean squat of course, still have to get it done, but logic suggests a Cats victory and right now that's all I have.

Who was injured?

I only remember Harley being knocked out early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back