Player Watch 2022 AFL National Draft Discussion - read the pinned post

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn selecting with their first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
National AFL draft Monday November 28(first round only).
All other selections to be held on Tuesday November 29.
The pre-season and rookie drafts will then take place at 3pm (AEST) on Wednesday November 30.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Humphrey's kicking worries me. I'm not gonna lie.

For pick 6, they must be an elite kick.

McKenzie or Clark for me. Unless Tsatas slides.

Another 4 weeks of this s**t. It's gonna kill me.
I was worried if i looked at that attribute in isolation

The speed and strength though coupled with the marking ability

POD for us

Humphrey doesn’t even need to be an elite kick with his other attributes. Even being a good to average kick he’d make an impact.

The problem for mine is that it doesn’t even come close to average.

He’d give Will Langford a run for his money.

He is the only player around our pick that I strongly feel against us picking

Same, have wanted McKenzie for a while. His breakaway from the stoppage is great. If he is gone, I am not against taking Ginbey with the pick.

Great, thanks mate.

For everyone to see:

1. Aaron Cadman (GWS)
2. Will Ashcroft (BRI)
3. George Wardlaw (NM)
4. Harry Sheezel (NM)
5. Elijah Tsatas (ESS)
6. Reuben Ginbey (GCS)
7. Bailey Humphrey (HAW)
8. Jhye Clark (GEE)
9. Jed Busslinger (WCE)
10. Cam MacKenzie (STK)
11. Ollie Hollands (CAR)
12. Mattaes Phillipou (PORT)
13. Ed Allan (WCE)
14. Matthew Jefferson (MEL)
15. Lachlan Cowan (SYD)
16. Lewis Hayes (GWS)
17. Jasper Fletcher (BRI)
18. Henry Hustwaite (COL)
19. Olli Hotton (SYD)
20. Charlie Clarke (GWS)
21. Coby Burgiel (GWS)
22. Darcy Jones (WCE)
23. Brayden George (GWS)
24. Josh Weddle (ESS)
25. Max Gruzewski (NM)
Thanks for posting can you fix picks 12 and 23 who are the dogs picks you have them as port and gws.
If that’s the actual order we need to split pick 6 if we take Humphrey with 6 when philippou is there at 12 Jefferson 14 hotton 19 and jones 22 I will literally spew…

Imagine once we make the choice and then wait another 5 years of development before we keep saying “he just needs an injury free pre-season”, “he just needs to put on some more size” etc
😂

Humphrey’s field kicking as an inside bull mid actually isn’t terrible. He’s not hitting targets lace out but he generally kicks favourably and powerfully. Not too much different from Clark who has less power.

For some reason his brain turns off when he plays forward with some of the worst howlers I’ve seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would split the pick. Take 13 and 17 from Sydney (I think they are their picks). Try and get two solid best 22 players.

I am not that excited by any of
Humphrey, poo, Clark, ginbey,

And would prefer two of
George, Jones, Weddle, Hotton, Hewett, Hollands and hustwaite

I would keep it for Tsatas.

I was kind of glad to see I am not the only person who thinks he will be a gun. Don't know about the others in the pool to compare but I would be very surprised if he made it to the 20s

Jones & George are two selections who I think could be the best of the lot. Jones has everything our new style values (speed, disposal, X-factor) and George has untapped potential as an explosive mid with great skills.

That being said I also really like Phillipou given his age and attributes. Getting two of those three guys would make me very, very happy. Reckon we will need to trade up somehow.

Watching Vic Metro vs SA

Q1

Not impressed by the poo. Few touches, mainly intercept possessions that fell in his lap. Don't get the hype.

D'Aoila lacks athleticism but is a footballer. I counted six clearances in Q1 so a massive impact. Lot's of the grunt work. Would be good for us in the second or third round.

Weddle is aggressive, quick, great timing on punches and drives out of defense. Looks far better than Hayes defensively who is a bit bambi-like.

Charlie Clarke has some jets but lacks class for mine. It's speed or nothing for him. Reminds me of push-up King without the toughness.

McKenzie hasn't done much. Few nice linking handbells but not dominant by any stretch.

Verall I think it is for Vic Metro is an unathletic HBF but he has AFL-level disposal (sicily-like technique).

Watson for next year looks very good. Athletic, quick, aggressive and kicked a class goal off one step. Had one tap on that was cyril-esque.

Q2

The poo is injured. But kicked a nice goal.

D'Aoila is playing up forward and SA have gone to water in the middle. He is their barometer.

Hayes played much better this quarter. Good intercepting.

Weddle is a jet. Lemmey in his pocket.

McKenzie looking more likely this quarter a few clearances and nice use.

Drury is a good little player. Crafty and good skill.

Hotton though is the one for me. Haven't seen him play properly before but he has an inside/outside game. Nice pace, good balance and good skill. Exactly the type we need. Has been more impressive as a prospect than McKenzie in this game.

.... and, I'm done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back