Player Watch 2022 AFL National Draft Discussion - read the pinned post

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn selecting with their first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
National AFL draft Monday November 28(first round only).
All other selections to be held on Tuesday November 29.
The pre-season and rookie drafts will then take place at 3pm (AEST) on Wednesday November 30.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With how many people have confidently said we're taking such a range of players, I reckon there's only one thing we'll know for certain. Everyone outside MM, Sam, and the recruiting team has no idea what we will do. We'll have the game solved for pick 6, and the rest of the world will find out what that is when we call it out Monday night. Before then I won't trust a single thing any of these insiders say.
This is it exactly. Whichever way we go we're going to get a quality player. Assuming all are available we either get an elite runner and accumulator who plays inside and out mid, a tall mid with great hands who goes forward and hits the scoreboard, a great mid with an attitude of never stopping and takes the game on and a pure inside mid with great skills and safe hands in dishing out to a team-mate.
Tsatas, Phillipou, Clark or Mackenzie. Whichever way we go I reckon we win.

Edit: Now that I've mentioned those four we'll probably go for Humphrey :)

If we want Mackenzie we will trade with StKilda I reckon.
If we want Mackenzie, I don't think St's will want to trade. We have to want who they want, only then a trade happens.

Since we cannot be sure of that, we have to pretend like we want them all and then let people jump through hoops and approach us. The only time we approach is if there is radio silence and then as soon as Bombers make their pick. we sound out our target clubs on if they want to talk, if not we will be making a quick call and move on.

if they have been bugging us but haven't made an offer, stay quiet till GC makes their bid. Then do a quick round of calls and make trade or make bid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The great thing is I'd be rapt with any of Phillipou, Clark, MacKenzie or Tsatas.
Tsatas my favourite of the 4.

I agree, no longer fussed with who we end up. Reading between the lines though when MM said a big bodied mid would complement what we have, I think phillipou would suit our needs the most and Maybe we dont see tsatas as having the clearance game we are desperate for. I's why I think Clark and McKenzie might get the nod before him.

I agree, no longer fussed with who we end up. Reading between the lines though when MM said a big bodied mid would complement what we have, I think phillipou would suit our needs the most and Maybe we dont see tsatas as having the clearance game we are desperate for. I's why I think Clark and McKenzie might get the nod before him.

Did he say this before we got Stephens or after?

Poo for me, need a matchwinner and a goal kicker. He seems to have pissed off a few grumps on this board but I love that confidence.

Would want to be one hell of a basketball court to make up for the fact that it is a depressingly boring, soulless shed in one of the worst parts of the city.
He conveniently forgot to mention their 'quick growth gym facility' :rolleyes:

needle-needle-pit.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back