List Mgmt. 2022 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite like Binns on the wing too, IF Cowan is gone.
Binns will still be a good pick up if we wanted a winger. I just feel Cowan can do just as much if we can fit into the role. I would'nt mind a strong hand in the 20's. Will be a couple of defenders, couple of small forwards and couple of wingers all with decent profiles that would cover needs.

Talk of Cadman going to GWS early & other teams only wanting to draft players from their state. It opens up what would be available at all of our picks, so I’d not be a bit surprised to see any player fall anywhere or go higher than expected

Weddle and Hayes aren’t lasting to our second pick.
They won't last to 30 no, but 11 is still a massive reach for either of them. Hence I said if we can get another pick around 20. One of the two will be there. Whether that is Lions 21, us trading up or splitting 11 to drop back. I'm sure the club has a plan in mind. Will see what our hand is post trade period first.

Talk of Cadman going to GWS early & other teams only wanting to draft players from their state. It opens up what would be available at all of our picks, so I’d not be a bit surprised to see any player fall anywhere or go higher than expected

There are a few players that are going to go later than I expected. Sheezel will drop a bit. Humphrey will drop a bit (after initially being keen, I don’t like his kicking). Jefferson will drop a bit too.

Ginbey will go higher than I expected. Eagles keen.

Best available this draft. I am of the opinion that we get a midfielder. Need more zip in our midfield. Next year we use our Future Pick from Brisbane to nab Brady Hall from Geelong Falcons. Kid will be a star. Elite basketballer and similar to your Luke Jackson type. Plays defensive back and flys for everything a la Naughts.

Best available this draft. I am of the opinion that we get a midfielder. Need more zip in our midfield. Next year we use our Future Pick from Brisbane to nab Brady Hall from Geelong Falcons. Kid will be a star. Elite basketballer and similar to your Luke Jackson type. Plays defensive back and flys for everything a la Naughts.
I rate Hall, would be that perfect Wood/Crozier type role, a local product as well. But pretty sure he is 2024 draft eligible, not next season. I could be wrong though.

Yep 2024. May grow to key defender height.
Even like the sound of Tadhg McCarthy in the same draft. Plus Curtin next year, unless they move him forward. Could be a good period to load up on some defensive talent so they grow with, and hold their own for the next decade. Along with our young, tall forward line. Though I feel most if not all of them will end up being taken well before any of our picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hell I think GWS would even do it for the future first alone, all depends how they rate next years draft

It’s a good draft next year.

I want those picks as that appears to be the right time to grab a KPD and a small forward. Both list needs and projected around that spot in the draft.

Does anyone reckon Cowan can make it as a winger? He seemed to show good signs in the middle, and seems to cover Sinns weaknesses. I feel Sinn will just be another Hunter. Will play his role, but won't hurt you as much. Where Cowan kicks it more consistently over long distances. Both can run, but I feel Cowan has a harder edge on the off ball stuff.
That's where I've been picturing him

Completely changes everything now we know we won’t have a stacked hand this year at least 😡

Just can’t risk going a mid on 11 and hoping for a defensive slider anymore IMO as we just need to fill that position. Best of the rest at 11 & then guaranteed a Hayes & Weddle at 15 would have been great
If a key defender was the only need on the list then I'd agree with you but we also need a winger and possibly a small pressure forward just as badly.
A player on the wing who can defend better in transition will help protect our defenders from fast entries and likewise a pressure forward will help convert forward 50s to goals and stop opposition rebound 50s

Not convinced reaching for a tall early on is the best strategy and recruiters seem to be doing it less. There's examples of it not working out at all well with Lucas Cook, Mitch Brown, Seb Tape, Fischer McAsey to name a few. Phil Davis is one of the few that worked out that I can think of or maybe Plowman if you consider that a success.
Harry McKay, Charlie Curnow, Ben King, Max King (if they get him a kicking coach), Naughton, Sam Darcy? Just as many examples where it pays off? If you don’t take the chance you can rarely trade a great one across unless you are Geelong or Richmond…..

GWS has 3, 12, 15, 18, 19 and 44.

I'm sure they would be open to looking at trades.
Could we take unders for Dunkley but then take on Whitfield for $800k/year until 2027 if he came with picks 18 and 19? Only a $150k per year difference against Dunkleys proposed salary - gets us a winger/half back flanker and a couple of picks to target that small forward? Just means carrying less quality at the tail end of our list. I’m not sure I love it but 11, 18, 19, 21 isn’t a bad hand with Brisbanes 1st rounder next year?

GWS has 3, 12, 15, 18, 19 and 44.

I'm sure they would be open to looking at trades.
GWS want the No 1 from North. If they get it, after all the dealings with Brisbane, probably a discreet nod not to bid on FS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back