Teams 2022 Fantasy - Rate my Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team's are starting to take place now that rookies are firming.

Defence: I think Sam De Koning plays, and surely one of Noddy, Boyd or Will Kelly get a game, meaning we have out D7/8. Have to go deep on field in defence but that's fine.
Midfield: Daicos, JHF and Ward should be locked in, should be enough 190k guys get a gig to fill the bench. Three rookie midfield guaranteed, could go four if you're a wild cat.
Forward Line: Rachelle has to be locked into sides, question is if it's F5 or F6. With Corey Durdin, Nick Martin, Jack Hayes, Baldwin, Dixon, McEntee, Hollands all around the mark i'm thinking that F6 may be where we can squeeze in an on field 190. Doing so allows me to go someone like Kelly over Neale. Ultimately it's no skin off my back if I need to downgrade Kelly from M3 to Neale if I don't get the rookies there but i'd prefer the potential uber in Kelly.

So what that means structure wise is:

Defenders, almost all teams are going two premiums and four mid priced guys priced between 400 and 600. Some are throwing in a 350k or less "expensive rookie" type like Answerth and trying to grab a Dawson or spend the cash elsewhere, but that's generally the structure.
Midfielders are generally two uber premiums, two under priced premos, Rowell, Brodie or Crouch at M5 depending on cash availability and the three rookie midfields. Your choice of 190k midfield bench options.
Rucks are either Gawndy or Grundy/Gawn and one of Marshall, English or RoB. Difference in cash here is likely the difference in either Crouch over Rowell at M5 or a Butters/Heeney type in the forward line.
Forwards almost all teams are starting Dunkley and Cogs at F1 and F2. Some still holding onto Treloar at F2 but they generally still have the cash for Cogs at F3. Butters/Heeney/Martin at F3 and potentially F4 depending on cash which F5 and F6 are filled with two of Brodie/Ralphsmith/Rachelle. Fill F7/8 with two of Durdin/Hayes/Baldwin/Dixon and pray.

It's getting to that Group-Think time, not really out fault as rookies have practically forced everyone to use the same structure. Turning points will be selecting your midfield ubers and your 400k or less guys. First few weeks of the season could turn on decisions like Curnow v Ralphsmith or Milera v Chapman. Good luck to all those. I haven't seen any shockingly bad teams on here so am sure we will all do well. Remember starting sides are only like 10% of the battle. Looking forward to continuing the discussion throughout the season.

Bring on teams.

Good team but not much depth on the bench. O'Driscoll, Carroll, Jack Hayes probably won't play and mccomb is 50/50. Regardless all 4 have no job security. I think paying up for a Gibcus and/or McCartin that have more job security would be wise.

Yeah I think rookies is something that needs a bit of attention but I'd say the team is about 90% there.

Yeah I think rookies is something that needs a bit of attention but I'd say the team is about 90% there.

And while the main ones we have a good handle on - the cheaper ones we might not yet. Need to wait for teams a bit....

And while the main ones we have a good handle on - the cheaper ones we might not yet. Need to wait for teams a bit....

Yeah that's why I reckon I'm just about done until teams come out as there's not much point fiddling with it now. I'd rather not stuff up the structure too much.

Yeah that's why I reckon I'm just about done until teams come out as there's not much point fiddling with it now. I'd rather not stuff up the structure too much.

Agreed. I'm certainly fiddling around with options - like could I get Neale up to Josh Kelly - and what would it take to do that ???

But structurally - I'm happy that I've completely ruined my chances for this year and I'll leave it at that for now.

Team's are starting to take place now that rookies are firming.

Defence: I think Sam De Koning plays, and surely one of Noddy, Boyd or Will Kelly get a game, meaning we have out D7/8. Have to go deep on field in defence but that's fine.
Midfield: Daicos, JHF and Ward should be locked in, should be enough 190k guys get a gig to fill the bench. Three rookie midfield guaranteed, could go four if you're a wild cat.
Forward Line: Rachelle has to be locked into sides, question is if it's F5 or F6. With Corey Durdin, Nick Martin, Jack Hayes, Baldwin, Dixon, McEntee, Hollands all around the mark i'm thinking that F6 may be where we can squeeze in an on field 190. Doing so allows me to go someone like Kelly over Neale. Ultimately it's no skin off my back if I need to downgrade Kelly from M3 to Neale if I don't get the rookies there but i'd prefer the potential uber in Kelly.

So what that means structure wise is:

Defenders, almost all teams are going two premiums and four mid priced guys priced between 400 and 600. Some are throwing in a 350k or less "expensive rookie" type like Answerth and trying to grab a Dawson or spend the cash elsewhere, but that's generally the structure.
Midfielders are generally two uber premiums, two under priced premos, Rowell, Brodie or Crouch at M5 depending on cash availability and the three rookie midfields. Your choice of 190k midfield bench options.
Rucks are either Gawndy or Grundy/Gawn and one of Marshall, English or RoB. Difference in cash here is likely the difference in either Crouch over Rowell at M5 or a Butters/Heeney type in the forward line.
Forwards almost all teams are starting Dunkley and Cogs at F1 and F2. Some still holding onto Treloar at F2 but they generally still have the cash for Cogs at F3. Butters/Heeney/Martin at F3 and potentially F4 depending on cash which F5 and F6 are filled with two of Brodie/Ralphsmith/Rachelle. Fill F7/8 with two of Durdin/Hayes/Baldwin/Dixon and pray.

It's getting to that Group-Think time, not really out fault as rookies have practically forced everyone to use the same structure. Turning points will be selecting your midfield ubers and your 400k or less guys. First few weeks of the season could turn on decisions like Curnow v Ralphsmith or Milera v Chapman. Good luck to all those. I haven't seen any shockingly bad teams on here so am sure we will all do well. Remember starting sides are only like 10% of the battle. Looking forward to continuing the discussion throughout the season.

Bring on teams.
Spot on with your analysis of the typical team structure.

I think the lack of pre season games has lead to some safe/vanilla and very similar looking sides for the most part.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the number of people I've had a go at - I'll need to be careful when I post my team....

Im Watching You Robert De Niro GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back