2022 Hawthorn List Management Discussion (including Trade, FA period)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fully prepared to be chuck that jumper on and sit in the stands.

I'd be happy to suit up and try and nab a couple of sausage rolls from the forward pocket.

Only issue would be raising money to pay the fine for ground invasion. Is that what OnlyFans is for?

I've seen a few people suggesting we trade up with Brisbane for their Pick 34. If that does go ahead, it would surely be their Pick 36 given the other 2 picks get swallowed by bids so they get more points at no cost to us.

Here is an example. I've stuck with the numbers they are now for simplicity but they will change after their (and Essendon's) bids obviously.

33 - Port
34 - Hawks
35 - Bris (gone after matching)
36 - Bris (gone after matching)
37 - Melb (becomes 35)

As opposed to

33 - Port
34 - Bris (gone after matching)
35 - Bris (gone after matching)
36 - Hawks (becomes 34)
37 - Melb (becomes 35)

As you can see, it makes no difference to who we would select but it does give Brisbane 40 more points than if it were 34 they gave us.

Narkle is an option. Had 35 possessions in an AFL game - that must mean some ability for a guy who can be picked up for free.
He is also mates with Brocky. Would be good to have him at the club, you never know it might be the difference between Brocky sticking around long term if he has an old mate to lean on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Narkle is an option. Had 35 possessions in an AFL game - that must mean some ability for a guy who can be picked up for free.

Ben Ronke once kicked 7 goals on us as well - it doesn't mean he was a good player.

Wouldn’t waste my time on any of them including Stocker. They were all delisted for very good reasons. Hit the draft and the wait for t together MSD which has been absolute gold for us lately
We'll be screwed if AFL phase out the MSD for a mid-sesson trade period

He is also mates with Brocky. Would be good to have him at the club, you never know it might be the difference between Brocky sticking around long term if he has an old mate to lean on
Carrying a player who can't cut it at AFL level in order to keep a player who hasn't proved himself able to cut it at AFL level isn't the most sound list management strategy. The bloke has worse career averages than Cousins did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back