List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly .....for Thilthorpe to compete in the Ruck, he'll have to add more weight, thus impacting his mobility

Rucks are not as important with reduced ball-ups ......less, if the last touch rule comes in, as expected

A FWD line of Fogarty, and Thilthorpe, is a fantastic spine .....sure, let him relieve in the ruck ....sure give him a roaming licence to come up thru the wings to HB

Don't waste a matchwinner FWD as a Ruckman
Thilthorpe is already over 100kg , he will be strong enough with natural maturity

Could be a v decent forward and a freak ruck in my view

I’d sort of aim to have him do both to give him flexibility , that’s why another capable ruck / tall forward would be so beneficial to our side ( we don’t have at moment )

What's the point in keeping him, if they're never going to play him? Charity isn't a good enough reason.

On SM-T510 using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's not taking a list spot and he's on minimum wage - at WORST it gives you some continuity in the SANFL team. He's taking no-ones place except a top-up player.

Unless you think there is someone to replace him as a Cat B - and there's no one in our Academy and we have no one scouting overseas - then it is just foolish to cut someone just so you are forced to give more minutes to a top up from Kapunda FC.

People on here saying trade Doedee are smoking crack. He is one month older than Jordan Dawson. Both are 25.

Both are part of our next push up the ladder. Dude needs a reset over summer and to find form again.
It's not that Doedee is bad - it's because he HAS value that he should be in trade discussions. We someone that others would want and we could replace in the 22.

I think we all love the concept of Newchurch. His highlights of absolutely blistering speed are intoxicating.

So it makes you question what’s the issue? Purely footy related or other? If footy related is he a one trick pony with speed and little else? Look at the best small forwards and you see mercurial goal kicking, decision making and score involvements and importantly defensive minded play.

What does Newchurch actually offer, if anything, besides elite speed?
Have you been watching the SANFL games?..

You ask what else he provides other than speed?..

Well mercurial goal kicking is definitely in his kit bag.. he’s kicked some awesome goals this year including a freakish one from the boundary.. and he just missed one against the tigers where he took 4 bounces down the wing before doing a dribble kick that was going through but a tigers player dived and got a finger tip to it..

I cant see many, if any faults, with his decision making.

His score involvements?… i can think of dozens of occassions where he’s very unselfishly dished off to team mates when he couldve actually kicked the goals himself and I am certain his score involvement stats would be high.

And **** off with this “importantly defensive minded” bullshit.. I am so sick of hearing that this is important.. this crap is why we have ended up with spuds like Murphy and mchenry clogging up the small forward position.. so ****n what if they are defendive minded!.. pointless if at the same time you arent kicking ****in goals too!.. they are meant to be forwards not defenders!

Seriously over hearing people writing the youth off like Newchurch without even watching our SANFL games based on the BS posters like Mego Red, who has a man crush on spuds like murphy and mchenry as small forwards, spin about them.

We are a rebuilding side FFS!!!… we have a kid with xfactor, skills, blistering speed and great goal sense in the SANFL and we havent given him a run because we instead have preferred two spuds that provide not a lot more than defensive effort. Its a flipping deadset joke.

Just like Worrell shoildve been bought in months ago.. so shouldve Newchurch.. but nooooo, not with the defensive nana’s running our club!.. cant have anything exciting.. gotta stick to the boring game plan and defensive structures!.

I think we all love the concept of Newchurch. His highlights of absolutely blistering speed are intoxicating.

So it makes you question what’s the issue? Purely footy related or other? If footy related is he a one trick pony with speed and little else? Look at the best small forwards and you see mercurial goal kicking, decision making and score involvements and importantly defensive minded play.

What does Newchurch actually offer, if anything, besides elite speed?
Originally it was that he was a bit of bystander and would hover outside the contest, but he's gone a long way to fixing that.

Now, it's that he can disappear for long stretches in the game, but he's finding more ways to get himself involved.

I think he's improving as you'd hope, and he looks ready for a good offseason.

Just like Worrell shoildve been bought in months ago.. so shouldve Newchurch.. but nooooo, not with the defensive nana’s running our club!.. cant have anything exciting.. gotta stick to the boring game plan and defensive structures!.
Defense wins Finals ! .....defense causes turnover goals !

Having unaccountable players running around in a team these days will lose you games .....listen to the experts, if your team hasn't got the defensive game right, you are not going far in this league

Frampton TRADE to COLLINGWOOD
Himmelberg TRADE to Freo
Crouch TRADE
Seedsman RETIRE
Brown? RETIRE/TRADE
Rowe DELIST - possible rookie
Ben Davis DELIST

Hinge 2 year deal
Turner 1 year deal
Borlase 1 year deal
Newchurch 1 year deal
McAsey, Sholl KEEP

Have you been watching the SANFL games?..

You ask what else he provides other than speed?..

Well mercurial goal kicking is definitely in his kit bag.. he’s kicked some awesome goals this year including a freakish one from the boundary.. and he just missed one against the tigers where he took 4 bounces down the wing before doing a dribble kick that was going through but a tigers player dived and got a finger tip to it..

I cant see many, if any faults, with his decision making.

His score involvements?… i can think of dozens of occassions where he’s very unselfishly dished off to team mates when he couldve actually kicked the goals himself and I am certain his score involvement stats would be high.

And * off with this “importantly defensive minded” bullshit.. I am so sick of hearing that this is important.. this crap is why we have ended up with spuds like Murphy and mchenry clogging up the small forward position.. so *n what if they are defendive minded!.. pointless if at the same time you arent kicking *in goals too!.. they are meant to be forwards not defenders!

Seriously over hearing people writing the youth off like Newchurch without even watching our SANFL games based on the BS posters like Mego Red, who has a man crush on spuds like murphy and mchenry as small forwards, spin about them.

We are a rebuilding side FFS!!!… we have a kid with xfactor, skills, blistering speed and great goal sense in the SANFL and we havent given him a run because we instead have preferred two spuds that provide not a lot more than defensive effort. Its a *ing deadset joke.

It’s 3 spuds if you include the games given to Rowe.

I’d be disappointed if Newchurch doesn’t get a game this week, but incredibly peed orf if he isn’t at least retained as a Cat B rookie.

Having unaccountable players running around in a team these days will lose you games .....listen to the experts, if your team hasn't got the defensive game right, you are not going far in this league
We have more chance of teaching Newchurch defensive skills as his body matures than we have of improving McHenry’s speed, strength, ball handling and kicking skills.

There are few if any players in the AFL slow enough and physically weak enough to be pinged HTB by McHenry, thereby resulting in a shot on goal (which would have to be inside 25m anyway).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I looking at the right link?

The link you hared has Himmelberg ahead in only 9 out of 32 categories, but he has the edge?l

Look at averages, not totals

Edit: the link probably has a default view

I think the problem is/was we went waaaaaaaayyyy to heavy on that defensive/contest mantra, just like you can overload on offensive minded players who can't defend, you can go the other way too, which we did when we had Hately on the wing, Crouch in the side etc. The fact we're chasing guys like Rankine would say to me they see those defensive guys as a means to an end right now, but they need to add some more firepower into the side to take the next step.

I don't think you'll ever get a 22 of all two-way players, you'll have some, but need to find the right mix in other areas of the ground, some more offensive minded players, some more defensive minded, which I don't think we've done the best job at yet.

You know what also causes goals?
Goals.

I think the problem is/was we went waaaaaaaayyyy to heavy on that defensive/contest mantra, just like you can overload on offensive minded players who can't defend, you can go the other way too, which we did when we had Hately on the wing, Crouch in the side etc. The fact we're chasing guys like Rankine would say to me they see those defensive guys as a means to an end right now, but they need to add some more firepower into the side to take the next step.

I don't think you'll ever get a 22 of all two-way players, you'll have some, but need to find the right mix in other areas of the ground, some more offensive minded players, some more defensive minded, which I don't think we've done the best job at yet.
Good thoughts ......do you think we had too many attacking minded players in the 2017 GF ?

Seemed like RICH's defensive minded smalls were the diff

I agree, we need to overlay some class into the team now .....but not at the expense of abdicating the defensive aspect

What did Nicks say ....."if you don't want to defend, there's the door"

Notably played a leading role in 2 victories this year, out of just 7 that's pretty handy depth.

Posted somewhere that his best comparison is Shaun Mckernan.

Good enough to play 5-10 games a year and make an impact in a handful of them, not good enough to be a consistent first 22 player. Good enough player to stay in the league.

Good thoughts ......do you think we had too many attacking minded players in the 2017 GF ?

Seemed like RICH's defensive minded smalls were the diff

I agree, we need to overlay some class into the team now .....but not at the expense of abdicating the defensive aspect

What did Nicks say ....."if you don't want to defend, there's the door"
Tigers smalls were “defensive” eh?.. massive revision of the history there by you.. nice!

Strange.. i recall everyone in awe of how attacking they were.. the “mosquito fleet” that just tore opp teams apart by attacking in waves.. a fleet of fast, attacking goal kicking smalls.

Hilarious how anyone that class that as defensive minded play first and foremost!..

Rowe, mchenry and murphy wouldnt have even got a look in in that tigers team of 2017..

Blighty is right. Being defensive first and foremost doesnt win games.. the proof is in the adelaide crows pudding. Just take one look at our win/loss ratio for the past 3 seasons!

So Hurn is likely to get moved in from West Coast.

Thoughts on bringing him in as a defensive assistant coach and as SANFL captain?

Our young defenders would really benefit from a mentor like him.
Brilliant idea. Love it. The lad is a gun.

He’d bring great experience to our SANFL side and dominate at that level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back